Gretchen and the steel boxes

DivaSupreme

OK, I must be the only person on the boards who wanted to reach out and smack her when she did nothing (or at least thats what we saw) but walk up and down the rows of cases whining and ringing her hands. Of course she would never find it if she never opened a box! None of the other teams were shown whining and moaning because there were so many to go thru. Reminds me of the older couple last season who wanted a break on counting the stuffed animals because they were old.

And before anyone says anything about age discrimination..............I'm no spring chicken meyself so don't bother.

Guest cmteachermom

I don't think you're all alone. I completely understand what you're saying! My husband and 8 year old son were both talking at the television telling Gretchen to calm down! I don't think it's age discrimination...I'd want to smack anyone who was whining the entire time!!!! :?

Ok, Gretchen did drive me insane at the roadblock walking around and talking and asking for a hug, instead of just opening boxes that looked fairly light (by the way, they were TIN boxes, not steel boxes

I agree. I was sitting there mumbling "don't just stand there, start opening up the boxes". Maybe it was the way it was edited, but this is the most frustrated I've felt with this team. I've been rooting for this team (as well as for Uchenna and Joyce), but please......you can't get through a task without doing it. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

They showed Gretchin wander and getting frustrated for about 2 minutes of the show. It was apparent that she had been there a lot longer than that. How many of the boxes she opened wasn't shown. It was the presentation made by the producers rather than the reality I suspect.

Guest GaYToR

Spooky, I think you hit the nail on the head about every reality show done. The editors and producers film hours and hours of an event and give us 2 minutes or so of what actually happens. They put a spin on it to make for "good TV" (gawd I hate that phrase.)

This is never more evident than in BB, where those of us with live feeds see so much more than the edited versions we see on the broadcast.

I think if there is any blame to be laid, maybe it should be directed at those editors and producers.