FOX has expanded Wednesday's Show

salter-path

FOX has expanded Wednesday's (April 13) "American Idol" results show from 30 minutes to an hour, a move that seems designed to drain viewers from the premiere of NBC's end-times thriller "Revelations." The episode of "Life on a Stick" that was scheduled for this week gets bumped back to April 20.

Guest XandraSkye
What the heck are they going to do for a whole hour? They better have them all singing a few songs and not just going thru each person one by one with a 3 minute pause before we find out if they are safe or not. :evil:

Guest Anonymous

I'm with you on that one Xandra. Sounds like they want to boost ratings. I'll probably watch other channels and then switch over in the last 10 minutes. Thats all it takes after all.

Guest Anonymous

Oh this is good -- so according to my schedule Top Model, Revelations (that I wanted to see!) and AI are all on at the same time. Decisions decisions.

Guest Anonymous

Sigh. I'll probably watch it later then. Top Model wins out. And AI? Catch the last 10 minutes by doing some fancy channel hopping. The results shows always bore me anyway. They drag it out so far that there's no way they can hold your interest.

Guest XandraSkye

Around here Top Model comes on at 8:00pm EST and American Idol comes on at 9:00pm EST.

I'm gonna have to catch one of those repeats of the season premiere of Revelations too because I watch American Idol, record Alias on my ReplayTV and record King of Queens and Yes, Dear on my DVD recorder. I've run out of recording devices.

Guest XandraSkye

From 'The Watercooler' on TVGuide.com:

American Idol

A whole hour, just to break my heart? Please Idol, take a tip from every idiot I've let do that to me before: the faster the better. I mean, even if Fox was trying to counter-programming NBC's Revelations, you can't really compete with the Apocalypse when Scott Savol's continued

Guest Anonymous

It bugs me. I did like Scott at the beginning -- or rather I really wanted to. His appearance is different -- but his lacking isn't in his appearance -- but rather in his non-appearance. He doesn't "hold" the stage. His singing is good -- good enough to get him in the top 10 -- but not good enough to win. What bugs me is the idea that he's the "underdog" and that's not really the case. Its a competition of talent. He just isn't measuring up. I'm usually the one who fights relentlessly for the underdog -- but my ears and eyes are really telling me that in Scott's case, he is the lowest denominator -- the one that should go to make room for others who have a whole lot more talent. (yes, like Nadia)

Who goes next week to keep a second-class performer like Scott in? Bo? Disappointing as his last few performances have been -- he out-performs Scott. Period. Its so disappointing to think that Bo -- who was second from the bottom this week -- could go over Scott -- all because Scott is the underdog. If we're judging on who needs the ego boost the most -- then I guess I've got the whole competition confused in my mind.

I don't dislike Scott -- but he's pushing -- or rather his "supporters" are pushing the idea of promoting a half-class performer in as an idol. It leaves the rest of us with no alternative but to put him down. I give him kudos for making it this far -- and truly hope without hope that he somehow lives up to the game.

Hey everyone, 

The only thing I watch on Wednesday's is American Idol and I am pretty good to keep the "Find Out AFter the Break..." thread nearly immediately updated with who's bottom and who goes. 

I offer that in lieu of any who need it.  :)

I love that thread!

I'm just here to serve, ranster! I appreciate your patronage! :wink: :D

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.