Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas

Dade

Best VPN Service (English Banners)
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree she should go next but I just watched her first dance tonight and she did really really good. What an improvement.

HUGE improvement, but she's just not on the same level as the other 3. I hope the votes reflect that this week, but who knows.

I've been away from posting lately because of a busy schedule but I have to chime in here. Every season there are so many complaints about "ringers" and other celebs who have had either some dance training or are at least comfortable in performing. Here is a girl with absolutely no experience in either dance or the spotlight and she gets most of the criticism.

I, for one, would love to see this underdog knock Derek Hough off his pedestal. Do I believe it will happen? No. But it would be a beautiful thing.

tea party girl will win not for talent but just votes. this show should be 60% judge vote and 40% viewers.

I totally agree - the 50/50 weight just doesn't work. This year has been the prime example, but it's not the first time someone that can't dance well has stayed way too long --- Cloris, Billy Ray, Jerry Springer, I could go on. The difference is that thankfully in each of the previous cases, it resolved itself before the finals. This year, the worst case occurred - the worst dancer makes the finals, when she should have been gone by week 4. ABC seems to be reveling in it - they talk about it on every one of their shows - GMA, news, you name it. The "controversy" is gold for them, and I think they planned it that way - they had to know with it being an election year that having a "Palin" in the lineup would end up being newsworthy, at the very least. And they've been able to milk it now for months. BLECH, PUKE, BOOOOOO

Well I am shocked. I feel sorry for Bristol because the Sarah Palin haters will be hatin' on her. I have never voted on DWTS or anything but a few times on BB. I just am not that invested in the winner. I am very shocked that Brandy got voted off. WOW

I totally agree - the 50/50 weight just doesn't work. This year has been the prime example, but it's not the first time someone that can't dance well has stayed way too long --- Cloris, Billy Ray, Jerry Springer, I could go on. The difference is that thankfully in each of the previous cases, it resolved itself before the finals. This year, the worst case occurred - the worst dancer makes the finals, when she should have been gone by week 4. ABC seems to be reveling in it - they talk about it on every one of their shows - GMA, news, you name it. The "controversy" is gold for them, and I think they planned it that way - they had to know with it being an election year that having a "Palin" in the lineup would end up being newsworthy, at the very least. And they've been able to milk it now for months. BLECH, PUKE, BOOOOOO

I think tea party is keeping her in for certain. you don't need to be a hater to see that or think Brandy is much better. I don't like Brandy much but she kills Bristol on the floor. if Bristol really thinks she deserves that spot she is delusional. I wasn't happy others from past shows stayed in either who stunk, but this is so obvious why. doesn't do dwts any good.

I wanted her to do well, but then again, I wanted Kate to do well last year. Neither proved to be "good" dancers.

I really hope Jennifer Grey wins because I think she is the best dancer. We'll find out tomorrow night!

What really frosts me at this point is that she thinks she deserves to be there (like she is as good as the other two---WHAT??).

As for who wins, I would be thrilled for Jennifer to win, but I would be okay with Kyle as well, as long as he dances the best in the finals. At this point, anyone BUT Bristol. Sadly, it's a disadvantage for the other two, because they split the vote of anyone who isn't voting for Bristol. If only we could just call to vote against Bristol, we could have had her out of there by now!!

I agree with that. Not sure why she thinks she should be there at this point. Several dancers left when she should have been the one going home. She surely doesn't deserve 3rd placed based on her dancing ability.

Well I am shocked. I feel sorry for Bristol because the Sarah Palin haters will be hatin' on her. I have never voted on DWTS or anything but a few times on BB. I just am not that invested in the winner. I am very shocked that Brandy got voted off. WOW

Exactly.

Please don't hate me for finding the whole thing funny. I think that the day of the "best," or the most "talented," winning; is over. Who doesn't get that? Ask Russell Hantz. Ask Adam Lambert. Ask Brandy, etc....

But see, for me it would be an easy fix. Reverse the way people vote. Instead of voting for your favorite, vote for the worst. Maybe then at the final you say okay, NOW you vote for who you think is best. I think it would eliminate a lot of these no talent people who stick around way too long.

Even though she is not close to being the best dancer and should not take home the mirror ball trophy, I do feel badly for her. I'm sure she knows she has gone further than she should have, but I give her credit for hanging tough through all the scrutiny and bashing. As far as her interviews go, she's on the spot because she can't very well stand there and say she thought she'd be gone weeks ago because she didn't deserve to be there. Regardless of her dancing skills, she's doing the best she can and working hard like the rest of them. I have to admit it was hard for me to watch her in the beginning and I thought she'd be the first one out, then the second, then the third.... But, she's still there and working hard. The producers knew exactly what they were doing when they invited her to join the show. For them, its about the ratings. By now, everyone has heard of DWTS and they're taking it to the bank. There are people voting and people are not voting. This isn't the first season that the popularity factor has played a big role. It's just the most controversial because of the political edge. I'm voting for Jennifer, but if Kyle wins that's good too. If nothing else, this has been an interesting run.

I agree with the part about the producers - they got what they wanted, which is lots and lots of press time. However, I disagree with most of the rest of what you said. I think she has copped a bit of an attitude in some of the interviews I have seen and some of the stuff on FB and Twitter. Talking about the haters trying to destroy her and how she is good enough to be in the finals and blah diddy blah. While the political factor is there and can't be denied, I can assure you I'd be raising just as much holy hell if Billy Ray, Cloris, Jerry Springer or any of the other stinkers that stuck around too long had made it to the finals. I would be just as furious and just as vocal about it. You can go back and find the old threads and you will probably see me in there b!tching each week that someone terrible stayed too long.

Before Bristol even danced people were complaining about her being on the show and that she was not a celebrity. I think there was bias from day one. I think that her dancing should have had her voted off already but the fans voted for her to stay. I loved Bristol's innocence. Is the showed a little confidence on tonight's show I say... You go girl.

I have to say Bristol has really impressed me with the improvement. We all know that Jennifer is going to win and we knew that from the first week. She is the best dancer and came in with the most experience. But that is OK with me. I enjoyed them all and I especially love the finale and the freestyle dances.

every time her moms in audience the judges gush more then when she's not. I thought it was best dancer not who's improved most. She is being judged in her own category instead of against the others. wrong imho. :disappointed:

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name