Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower

Dade

• 3 weeks later...

When he did his little bio bit before he danced, he said he was probably best known for 'his raspy voice', or something like that. They were showing clips of him with is 'hair', when he was saying this, and I was so hoping he was going to say he was best known for his 'raspy voice and mega-mullet'. I love it when people can make fun of themselves.

But he was good and seems like a nice guy.

Okay, so he can't dance, but Bruno was just mean!!! And a 3? Seriously, if they had scored Master P and Billy Ray and any of the other crapass male dancers that low in the first few weeks, I'd say okay. But not the case.

Aside from the fact that he just can't dance, Chelsie is not doing a good job with the choreography. She seems more concerned that SHE look good, and that it will hide the fact that he sucks, but it doesn't, it just makes it that much worse. It constantly looks like she is dragging him around the dance floor. And the whole doghouse thing was just a stupid idea.

I felt embarrassed for him, crawling out of that dog house. Little did I know, that was probably the best move he had. I usually like Chelsie, but this was bad, and as bad as Michael obviously is, she was also bad. She did not rise to the challenge of either making him fake it, so he looked good, or at least giving him something that would entertain. That whole thing was painful.

I take it he is gone? I didn't watch, so I don't know. But I hope so, because that was hard to watch. He looked so uncomfortable and out of place. Definitely not having the time of his life.....

I still like him. He's never been one of my favorite singers or anything, but I like him enough to feel his pain.

Regarding Bruno and his judging comment -- I often think that Bruno will go for the smart remark or what he considers a witty comment, rather that give any actual constructive criticism. I know a lot of people watch the show and can't wait to hear what Bruno might come up with. But I am completely over it. He isn't endearing or charming at all. He is trying to hard. But his comment about Michael's dance being the worst he'd ever seen was way too harsh. And I don't think even accurate. I don't quite understand why he said that though, because there was nothing witty or cleaver about it. Hardly worth it to seem so mean, when he didn't even have any colorful comparisons or descriptions. Basically it was just a 'you sucked more than I have ever seen anyone suck before'. Well, shoot, even that would have been more colorful with a Bruno delivery.

It's not that I think they need to baby them, and be overly gentle, but Bruno just made himself look like a big mean jerk. And while the dance was bad and kinda hard to watch, it wasn't the worst thing I had ever seen on that show. Remember Master P stomping around? At least Michael made an effort.

But he IS pigeon-toed (I noticed before she ever pointed it out) and being aware of how that affects his dancing technique could be constructive criticism for him and especially for his dance partner for choreography reasons. It's not like she said hey you looked ridiculous because you have pigeon toes and your toes are the worst I've seen in 11 seasons....

To me it's not much different than pointing out that someone has super long or short legs or that their butt sticks out when they dance. All relevant things to be aware of. What Bruno did had no constructive element to it - it was just nasty.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name