Desperate Housewives in the Media

Jem

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Desperate Housewives

So many great moments tonight! Shut up that Paul Young almost got killed by thugs hired by Zach's natural grandfather. Shut up that Kathryn Harrold's character ended up working at the adoption agency, destroying any chance of Gabrielle and Carlos legally adopting a baby. Shut up that Andrew had his boyfriend gay-bash him to set up Bree. Shut up that Bree went to her first AA meeting, but it had to be in a neighborhood where no one would recognize her. Shut up that Tom and Lynette had sex in the elevator at work. And shut up that Dr. Ron said "I love you" to Susan and she, under anesthesia, followed that up with "I love Mike!" Shut up! But can we talk about how funny Dagney Kerr was as Nurse Ruth Ann? You knew that as soon as Karl referred to Susan as his wife, the nurse was going to wreak havoc. She went from Dorothy-the-small-and-meek to calling Susan a "lying, adulterous skank"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Desperate Housewives" Got Game

By Sarah Hall

2006_03_24t154149_450x338_us_media_despe

A screenshot from the new video game 'Desperate Housewives' from Buena Vista Games, Inc.

(Buena Vista Games/Handout/Reuters)

Good news for all the Desperate Housewives-loving hardcore gamers out there. An interactive videogame based on the hit ABC series is in the works from Buena Vista Games and on target for a September release, the company said Friday.

Players take on the role of a new housewife who moves to Wisteria Lane and must interact with her neighbors in order to unlock the dark secrets of the seemingly idyllic neighborhood. "As fans of the show would expect, the game is loaded with gossip, betrayal, murder and sex--you know, all the things women like," the game's producer, Mary Schuyler, told USA Today.

The script for the game was written by Scott Sanford Tobis, one of the show's writers, and features a series of self-contained story lines. "I want players to feel like they've found a bonus episode of the show," Tobis told USA Today. "In fact, it's more like eight separate TV episodes; I wrote about 13,000 lines of dialogue for this game."

Players can select their housewife's look and attire, before hitting the virtual town to hang out with Susan, Bree, Lynette, Gabrielle and Edie. "It's a great opportunity to allow our viewers the chance to be a part of the world of Desperate Housewives," series creator Marc Cherry said in a statement.

The videogame, which will be timed to the launch of the third season, is just the latest addition to the Desperate franchise, which already includes an upcoming fragrance, a clothing line, a board game and a cookbook, all available in the show's very own online store.

Meanwhile, the "real" Wisteria Lane is also prepping for a new addition. Kyle MacLachlan will be joining the cast for a series of episodes, playing a single dentist with a thing for Susan ( Teri Hatcher), TV Guide reports.

The Sex and the City alum makes his first appearance Apr. 16 and could potentially return next season. "It depends how he plays," executive producer Tom Spezialy told TV Guide. "I would think he would fit in nicely in our world."

I remember hearing a song called "God Bless the American Housewife" by a band called SheDaisy, but I don't remember what episode it was exactly, do any of you? well i got their cd "Foruneteller's Melody" after i heard it at my universal music internship and it is awesome. you should check it out, cause if you liked that song, you will love the others. http://shedaisy.musiccitynetworks.com/

• 1 month later...

Behind-the-scenes drama at "Desperate Housewives"

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The top producer on ABC's hit comedy-drama "Desperate Housewives" walked off the job late last week and may be replaced next season.

Tom Spezialy, the show's executive producer/showrunner, exited Friday after an unspecified falling out. According to sources, things calmed down over the weekend. With only a few days of production left on the series' second season, Spezialy will return to work on Monday, said a spokeswoman for Touchstone TV, which produces the series.

It has been a bumpy second season for "Housewives," which has faced carping from critics who say it has lost its creative footing. The spokeswoman denied any shake-up was afoot.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Desperate Housewives

by Dave Anderson

May 7, 2006: I Know Things Now

We certainly got two examples of parental "tough love" tonight

Desperate Housewives

by Dave Anderson

May 14, 2006: No One Is Alone

OK

Desperate Housewives

May 21, 2006: Remember

Since I had mixed emotions about tonight's two-hour season finale, I thought I'd split this into two sections: what I liked and what I didn't like.

What I liked:

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name