Recycled contestants

KingOfRealityTV

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toronto Sun's - - Bill Brioux wrote yesterday....

"Next fall's Amazing Race 8 is already a family affair, with four person teams made up entirely of relatives in the hunt. Don't be surprised if Survivor favorite Rupert Boneham, along with his wife, daughter and foster child, aren't part of the next race."

Guest ranster627

Rupert is sooooooooo yesterday! Enough already ...

You know what they say, a sure sign a show is failing is when the start using gimmicks!

Guest ranster627
Sorry Ranster but Rob and Amber are a lot more 'yesterday' than Rupert is -- and... although I agreed with the idea of not having reality tv players in other games -- I too love Rupert and would love to see him race.  He DOES have integrity.

Don't be sorry Spooky, be happy!

I totally agree that Romber is yesterday too! I can't even think of a bad thing to say about Rupert ... actually that was never my point ... I would like a new crew of personalities on every show, rather than see ANYONE grab desperately at another 15 minutes of fame.

Oh well, if Rupert is to be in it, I wish him luck ... I hope his wife and kids are NEW entertainment!

Sorry Ranster but Rob and Amber are a lot more 'yesterday' than Rupert is -- and... although I agreed with the idea of not having reality tv players in other games -- I too love Rupert and would love to see him race.  He DOES have integrity.

I love how he used his integrity to steal the others shoes on Survivior!!

That was classic...

Guest Anonymous

Actually that was integrity King -- he was placed in the position of being a pirate -- that was part of the game this time -- to pillage and burn the other team. So in stealing the shoes, he was simply doing his team a favour. He didn't lie to anyone did he? Instead he made a joke of it and told everyone about it.

I kinda agree with you Ranster than it would be nice to see a whole new cast. Next thing you'll see Romber in American Idol -- ohhhhh -- now thats creepy.

For the record I really like rupert...

But let me get this straight... It's ok for some people to steal in a game but it is in bad taste when others lie in one??

Ya, that makes alot of sense!!

Guest Anonymous

It does -- because Survivor is a game of Outwit, Outplay, Outlast. The whole game is about getting the upper hand in the game. The Amazing Race is a race. Imagine an olympic 100 metre race where one contestant purposely trips, connives to get the officials to hold back other racers, and then wins. That would be Rob.

We can argue this all day King -- basic idea is I don't like Rob, and to be honest the more people try to convince me that he's okay, the more I see that he is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and thus demonstrates that its better to be wrong than right -- my logic tells me otherwise.

Guest Anonymous

Jem you've hit it on the head, but if you don't mind, I'll add one little thing. Both Rob and Rupert have their agendas (everyone has an agenda right?) Rupert's agenda though was to help -- as I understand it he's put a lot of that money towards his community as well as his family. Rob's agenda was simply to win at all costs. As you say, he's selfish.

Rob helps his community also. He is a volunteer youth hockey coach. I hope you take comfort in the fact that Rob is helping to shape and mold the minds of America's youth..I do :twisted:

Guest cappy

I agree with moody, even though Rob is not giving all his money to charity and helpful organizations, he is still giving his part to the community. Last I checked, Rob had to miss out on several charity donations to be on the race. Unlike Rupert, Rob is leaving himself a good amount of money to live and be happy. Sure Rupert is happy when he sees the happiness of others and helping, Rob has other values. Everybody has different values to what they define as being selfish and helpful.

The Amazing Race is a race.  Imagine an olympic 100 metre race where one contestant purposely trips, connives to get the officials to hold back other racers, and then wins.  That would be Rob.  

Everything rob and amber have done on the amazing race are not against any of the rules. Yes in the olympics those things you stated are in the rules. This is not the Olympics

I don't see how you an compare the Amazing Race to An lympic Race? 8)

Guest Anonymous

And second -- its not Rob's actions during the last episode (he didn't get much air time actually) and its not even the little game he played with everyone regarding the meat. There have been two actions that he has taken that have not been "in good sportsmanship" One: He told the securty guard (was it a security guard) to withhold information from the others. He lied about this when confronted and laughed (rather egotistically) at his accusers. Two: Bribing the bus driver not to open the back door.

So here were have four examples of why I detest this jerk : coersion, lying, bribery, egotism.

Guest cmteachermom

I just wanted to put in my humble opinion...I really like Rupert and I completely agree with Jem and Spooky!

Perhaps our (my) chagrin with Rob is that he makes no bones about his behavior. Didn't like him in Survivor, but have not detested him as much on TAR. JMHO :D

Guest ranster627

I never liked Rob on Survivor, but I respect him here. My thinking is that all the other teams have more information on him than any other player except the POW perhaps, and he still comes out on top. Arguably it is easier to start with no one knowing you, and therefore he started at a disadvantage.

This could pose a problem for Rupert ... :wink: He may be lovable to some, but he is also too trusting and gullible ...

I still don't like Rob, and this time Amber even less, but at least they don't abuse each other, and I have to respect the fact that they give it their all, brains and brawn!

Guest ranster627
Ranster you should'nt underestimate Rupert I think he may have been too trusting in Survivor but he learned his lesson with Rob and Amber. They could teach angels to grow horns lol.

And can devils wear halos?

Guest cappy

Hey theres a pencil above my avatar!

Anyways, Rupert was indeed too trusting and in my opinion a little naive on Survivor. I hope that if he does get on TAR, he isnt as trustworthy because he'll have to worry about other teams.

Guest bobflow

I would like too see Rupert on TAR. The ratings on CBS would go down in the history books as one that broke all time record for %%%%%%% of ppl watching. :D What do you think :?: This is only my opinion. 8)

From The Toronto Paper

Will Rupert Boneham and his family be cast members on The Amazing Race 8?

rupertspic4ib.jpg

First Alison (and Donny), then Rob and Amber. And now, perhaps, Rupert Boneham and his family. Yes, the real-life ogre may be an upcoming cast member of The Amazing Race 8, which will be a special family edition. Citing no sources, the Toronto Sun reports, "Don't be surprised if Survivor favorite Rupert Boneham, along with his wife, daughter and foster child, aren't part of the next race."

Although Canadians are intelligent (the paper also reports that The Amazing Race 7 is more popular in Canada than American Idol 4), you know they just love to mess with us, so until we hear further confirmation, we'll just pretend this is a rumor or a horrible, awful joke.

Guest cappy
how old does a kid have to be to go on the show? Isn't ruperts kid a little too young?

At first I heard that the age range for minors was 12-21. But when I downloaded the application it said at least 8. I really dont know how old ruperts kid is. I though she was 9 or something.