Season 1 General Spoilers

Jem

'LOST' - About the show.

From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, and Damon Lindelof (Crossing Jordan) comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.

Out of the blackness, the first thing Jack (Matthew Fox, Party of Five) senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help.

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627

under 3/16 they have confirmed a new series regular ... interesting, might tie in to my "puppet master" theory expressed in the "Thinking Out Loud" thread?

I copied this from another forum......

On April 27th... along with Desperate Housewives(airing the night of their finale).

ABC has found a way to squeeze a little more life out of frosh blockbusters "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives"-- and possibly expand their already sizeable fan base to boot.

ABC has greenlit separate one-hour specials tied to both series, with the network's marketing and current programming departments overseeing production of both. But rather than serving up simple clipfests catering to current viewers, ABC is designing the specials to serve as introductory guides to the serialized shows.

"There can be a reluctance on the part of the audience to invest in these kinds of shows," said ABC current department toppertopper Lance Taylor. "What we're trying to do is keep those tent doors open and invite as many people in as possible to enjoy the last part of the season."

Added ABC marketing chief Mike Benson, "We want to do everything we can to make sure these series finish the season in the biggest way possible."

The "Lost" hour, set to air April 27 in the show's normal Wednesday 8pm timeslot, will be of particular interest to current fans of the show. That's because the special will take the bits and pieces of information the show has doled out about six main characters over the last six months -- and retell their stories in a linear fashion.

"You get to see how these characters are all interwoven and just how deep this show is," Benson said.

The special -- from Metropolitan/ Hodder Group -- will focus on the characters of Jack, Kate, Locke, Sawyer, Charlie and Sayid. "What we did was break it down to a core of characters that seem to cross back and forth between everyone's lives," Taylor said, adding that there'll also be a segment on the island itself.

Taylor credits "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof for the idea of telling the stories in a linear fashion.

As for "DH," special will "look very much like an episode" of the show, Taylor said.

"Mary Alice (the show's narrator) will be our guide, and she'll take us through the show," he added. Focus will be on the four main housewives.

The "DH" hour -- from Lynne Lussier Prods.-- will air in the hour preceding the show's season finale. ABC has not yet announced scheduling for the finale.

Benson said ABC is already talking with its sister companies about other uses for these specials, such as including them on DVD releases of the shows.

Guest ranster627

I can't leave this one alone ... I really think Sawyer is being poisoned ... as to who is doing it, I have no idea! I do not think Sawyer will die from the poison though!

Guest ranster627

Thanks for the "check-in" on Rose ... although her appearances are brief, she is one of my favourites!

Guest conniejoe
I love the Rose character. I'm glad there's an explanation as to why we haven't seen much of her. I look forward to seeing her character develop in the future.

The previews show Locke losing his ability to use his legs again and saying something like, "the island changed me, and now it's trying to take it back and I don't know why!"...later it shows Locke looking up (and also earlier looking at a plane flying overhead) . I wonder if the monster comes into it again, and if we will see what happened when he met the monster in an earlier episode?? (when he got the boar). Spoilers say that Locke is going to disappear in this episode, so I wonder if the monster plays into it... any thoughts? Spoiler sites also say that Boone finds a plane with drugs in it....this must be the plane the previews show him in. ALSO... a new character is supposed to be introduced soon who will be in three episodes...wonder if this person comes from the plane?? If anyone knows anything, please spill it here!

kayo

Guest ranster627

I figured out the Hurley one because in his TV Guide interview he said he wasn`t due on the set the day they were filming it ... if the dog lives, the kid lives, Jack lives ... Sayid will be kept to maintain the edginess of having an Iraqi character ... somewhere on here Charlie was said to survive ... My guess is still holding ... on that other thread! :wink:

That's Michael or Boone!

That's what Im thinking. But, Michael has had some back story. Where as Locke hasn't :?: or did I miss it? I've only remember one flashback :!:

Locke had the episode where they traced his journey to Australia ... showed him working at his office, etc.

Michael had his "Walt" backstory. Boone was part of Shannon's back story.

All 3 have so much potential for the future though! I liked the Svengali thing between Locke and Boone ... and Michael needs to step up and do the daddy thing ...

This is so aggravating ... I don't wanna lose anyone!

I admit it, I'm attached to all of them! They are like family! :cry:

I need a hug!

Ok, forget that! Its their storyline that hasnt been developed. Locke has a storyline and is a big part of the show. Besides, they cant kill off the old fart. :D

I'm with you, Ranster! Although I didn't care as much about Boone at first (and even less about Shannon), after tonight's episode I really don't want him to die! This episode was so great at giving us a better glimpse into Locke and Boone's friendship, and I wish they could continue to develop it-especially after seeing what a creepazoid :twisted: for a father Locke has. I kinda saw that one coming, but what a gut wrencher....

and that ending...WHOA!!!!!

That has got to be the best episode ending so far this season!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Guest ranster627

As long as its not Hurley, or Jack, or Sawyer, or Kate, or Boone.. or....

Ok -- can it be the French woman?

Nooooooooo ... not my beloved Rousseau .... the actress who plays here looks so familiar to me, I think she played a character called Delenn(sp?) on Babylon 5, so I get all confused with my loyalties there.

In my mind, the most dramatic death would have been Rose, it would have brought the house down! ... but you all know I love her too.

The demise of Michael leaves it open for Walt to join the Locke tribe!

Sure is shaping up to leave us with many new mysteries to munch on over the summer ...

They did promise to show us inside the hatch, didn't they??? I wonder if they lie? :lol:

Guest XandraSkye
They did promise to show us inside the hatch, didn't they??? I wonder if they lie?  :lol:

I was getting my dinner and missed a second or two. Did they dig out around the hatch more and did it show a silo type structure? Wasn't sure if I saw that or not.

Guest ranster627

It seems to look like a capsule of some sort, or one of those nuclear shelters from the 60's that would get buried in backyards ... short answer: yes, most of the top has been exposed and dug around!

The only apparent opening showing is the top ...

Guest ranster627
Hmmmm.... the book "Wrinkle in Time"  and a ... time capsule?

What is "Wrinkle In Time" about? Is it based on time travel or alternate futures as the title suggests?

Guest Anonymous

Its been sooo long since I've read it.... but here's the summary....

Title:  A wrinkle in time.

Author:  L'Engle, Madeleine.

Publisher:  [New York] : Ariel, 1962.

Collation:  211 p.

Note:  Awarded the Newbery Medal, 1963.

Subject:  Science fiction.

Summary:    Meg Murry and her friends become involved with unearthly strangers and a search for Meg's father, who disappeared while working for the government.

Its about aliens really -- and a conspiracy.

Guest ranster627

Thanks for the synopsis Spooky ... I now have to add the X-Files to my list of required viewing and education!

I am not sure if anyone caught this but in this forum area there was reference to the writers not being sure who would live or die from the raft too ... I feel like we are in a bad movie like "And Then There Were None" or Agatha's "Ten Little Indians" ... makes me think we are getting down to 4 or 8 .... I just had to go into the "Numbers" tie-in!

It's all about the inter-weaving and linkages folks! :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

Well the tie in from the book Sawyer was reading to the capsule is a pretty strong link -- and who knows? They've come across dinosaurs (if thats what it was) Polar bears, wild boars, ghosts, evil strangers, and a lot of very very odd occurances. Aliens?

There was an old Star Trek episode (original series) where they landed on this planet where they're dreams came true. One woman dreamed she was a maiden in a "tall pointy hat" and her partner was a knight in shining armour. Next thing the two knew it was real. Sulu thought of an attacking plane that suddenly appeared. This whole island might have a similar force.

Guest ranster627

Now you have entered my world Spooky ... be very afraid! LOL --- I am a huge Trekker!

Thanks for making that leap! Loved, loved, loved that episode ... especially the White Rabbit!

I wonder if they are in the Pacific as they think? I wonder if there can be a Bermuda Triangle connection made? I wonder if Amelia Earhardt is on the island?

I wonder most of all the identity of the pointer from Locke's dream, seemed like a wood nymph or even a tiny Bigfoot to me!

Just read this on another message board.

• When will pregnant Claire (Emilie de Ravin) finally go into labor? Get ready for an April 6 birthday. "She will definitely have that belly-bursting baby," Abrams says, but he adds a cryptic, "The story of Rousseau is something I would be nervous about if I were Claire." (Danielle Rousseau, of course, is the stringy-haired, haunted French woman who confessed to killing her "lost" child, Alex.)
  • Also in that episode, Julie Bowen (ED) appears in a flashback as one character's fiancee. And Jack (Matthew Fox) wrestles with self-doubt as he struggles to save a fellow castaway injured in the March 30 episode.
  • And what of Abrams' vow that one of the 14 major characters will be knocked off by the end of the season? He's sticking to it. "Given how scary that place can be, that no one would lose their life would be a cheat," he says. "We knew from the very beginning that we would have to do this. The question was always who and when."
  • Lidenlof's early word on the finale is that, despite rampant rumors to the contrary, it won't reveal what caused the crash of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815. But viewers might not even notice, what with a promised jaw-dropping cliff-hanger. "It's gonna rock people's worlds," Lindelof says excitedly. "[it will be] the 'Who shot J.R.?' of LOST. We want people talking all summer long."

Guest ranster627

Oh no!

This is gonna kill me!

I suffered with "Who Shot JR?" ... and every other cliffhanger!

I am convinced now that the baby is going to be kidnapped!

I am disappointed we won't discover the cause of the crash!

I am enjoying all of this far too much!

Guest ranster627

**** writes "TV Tome has different dates up for the episodes:

April 6th - Do No Harm (as Scheduled)

April 27th - Lost Special

May 4th - The Greater Good

May 11th - Born To Run

May 25th - 2 Hour Season Finale (Confirmed by ABC)

So basically we will be getting a 3 week hiatus between Do No Harm and the next new episode (Not Counting the finale) and then after "Born To Run", another week off until the finale."

Found this today! :cry:

RE-CAP

Season 1 General Spoilers:

• When will pregnant Claire (Emilie de Ravin) finally go into labor? Get ready for an April 6 birthday. "She will definitely have that belly-bursting baby," Abrams says, but he adds a cryptic, "The story of Rousseau is something I would be nervous about if I were Claire." (Danielle Rousseau, of course, is the stringy-haired, haunted French woman who confessed to killing her "lost" child, Alex.)

[*]Also in that episode, Julie Bowen (ED) appears in a flashback as one character's fiancee. And Jack (Matthew Fox) wrestles with self-doubt as he struggles to save a fellow castaway injured in the March 30 episode.

[*]And what of Abrams' vow that one of the 14 major characters will be knocked off by the end of the season? He's sticking to it. "Given how scary that place can be, that no one would lose their life would be a cheat," he says. "We knew from the very beginning that we would have to do this. The question was always who and when."

[*]Lidenlof's early word on the finale is that, despite rampant rumors to the contrary, it won't reveal what caused the crash of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815. But viewers might not even notice, what with a promised jaw-dropping cliff-hanger. "It's gonna rock people's worlds," Lindelof says excitedly. "[it will be] the 'Who shot J.R.?' of LOST. We want people talking all summer long."

[*]03/29 - Josh Holloway said that the person who dies is someone whose storylines have not been developing much. Source: TV Guide (paper version)

[*]03/28 - What I meant when I said someone was getting OUTED was basically, a lot of the information that only a few people know will be known by ALL before the season ends. Stuff about the island, and stuff about what happened before they were on the island. It all comes out when Sawyer is accused of something he didn't do. The one who'll die is not Jack, nor Hurley, nor the dog. The person that is getting poisoned has hair. Source: Kristin on E!Online

[*]03/23 - According to J.J. Abrams, is that the actress behind the castaway, L. Scott Caldwell, landed a play and has been unavailable. However, J.J. says viewers "will definitely see Rose again." He also described the show's 90-minute season finale as "mind-blowing. It's got a wonderful bookend quality to the season. In addition to answering a number of questions, it also raises some infinitely bigger ones." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TVGuide

[*]03/21 - Shannon and Boone will not hook up again. Someone's poisoning someone. Locke is not the one being poisoned. Source: Kristin on E!Online

[*]03/20 - Matthew Fox confirmed that Jack does not die. He has said the death will lead to a divide with the island survivers. Source: Advocate Magazine

[*]03/19 - ABC will air a one-hour "introductory guide" to Lost. The special is designed to help new viewers catch up on the series' sometimes dense mythology as well as act as a refresher course for regular fans. The "Lost" special, set to air on Wednesday, April 27 at 8:00/7:00c (the show's regular time period), will focus on the characters of Jack (Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lilly), Locke (Terry O'Quinn), Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) and retell their respective backstories in a linear fashion. It's unclear however how the clips will be introduced and if the hour will include any "behind-the-scenes"-type footage. Source: TheFutonCritic

[*]03/16 - There's buzz over at camp Lost that there's going to be an episode from the perspective of the dog, Vincent! And it's actually very relevant, because we see what happened in the cargo hold.

[*]03/16 - Ethan (or at least William Mapother) is going to be back, even though he's "dead"

[*]03/16 - Polar bears will be explained soon

[*]03/16 - The creators feel like they've "jumped the shark" with the monster in the jungle

[*]03/16 - There is some creeeeepy stuff coming up with Walt. He knows far more than he should.

[*]03/16 - According to one of the producers, there is a new series regular, Daniel Roebuck. He will appear in the last three episodes of Lost. Source: The Fuselage

[*]03/15 - Sayid will set out to kill one of the main characters. Someone who wronged him in the past. JJ confirmed that a cast member will be killed off. Also, I'm hearing that we will soon find out who knocked Sayid over the head back in the days of those transceiver shenanigans. Another clue to who dies: He's kinda sexy. I'm told [the death] will be the finale. The finale is a two-parter, and the second part is 90 minutes long, with the last half-hour virtually commercial free! Source: Kristin on E!Online

[*]03/09 - The soon to be dead person will bite the big one before the season finale in May. Way before. And don't misinterpret the he/she thing. The ill-fated islander is not a hermaphrodite. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TVGuide

[*]03/08 - Locke is responsible for the character's death...but not in the way you think, this person dies because of something Locke has done. Walt knows far more than he should. Source: Kristin on E!Online

[*]03/06 - The hatch and Locke's backstory (including how he was handicapped, but can now walk) are interrelated. Source: Lost-Media

[*]03/01 - When the BIG castmember dies off, Claire's baby will be born .... And Jack will NOT be the one to deliver it. The ultimate reason for the death will be the ultimate betrayal from someone he believes to be his trusted ally. But I will say that when I say BIG character, it is not a reference to anyone's size. Lost will return with new episodes on April 13th and we'll get more backstory on Locke, Jack, Sayid and Kate (in that order) before the season ender which will take the life of one of the beloved ten men. Source: Kristin on E!Online

[*]02/23 - Would you believe that Claire is going to have her baby in the season finale? Talk about a coincidence. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TVGuide

[*]02/14 - Charlie is not the one who will die. But I can tell you that this person is well-loved, well-featured and well, doomed. It is one of the fourteen series regulars -