Wednesday, 7/21 Show

I think so actually. I know one of the guys said it, and Annie said he flirted with her before he went after Rachel. Very possible. I just think he's going to try to get Rachel to do his dirty work, make her feel guilty when she has another idea or opinion than his that would serve her better, and hide behind her when his dirty work is done. Then he will turn on her when people think she's dishing the dirt by herself with some sort of horrible "lover's quarrel." I think he really IS part of the Brigade and really the leader of it. I can see those wheels a'turnin' in his head. I hope I'm wrong. No wonder the showmance seemed so fake!

If he's part of the brigade, why did they put up one of their own last week?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like if anything, Rachel's running the show between the two of them. Lane saying "All Rachel has is a key & pictures, it's Brendan's HoH" is kind of ridiculous, Rachel has been calling the shots & punishing Brendon if he steps out of line all week. Brendon might be a physicist, but I honestly haven't heard him speak with any kind of social intelligence in the time that I've seen him on-camera. He's even said a bunch of times how much better at the game Rachel is, how he doesn't know much. Not that I think Rachel's all that good at the game lol, I think she knows a lot, but doesn't use it very well at all. And they could never be the next Jeff/Jordan!! :-D

edit: kywildcat, you took the words out of my mouth :-)

You have to remember that Rachel sat very quietly when Brenden and another HG (Hayden, if I remember) discussed who it would be best to put up. She said something like, "I knew he had it when Hayden was in there so I just listened and let him handle

Also Brenden threw a hissy fit and walked out of the HOH room when Rachel was discussing the logistics of putting up Matt instead of Andrew. She didn't want to put up Matt because she felt like Matt would act like it was never their strategy. I think she felt like Matt would use that as a reason to come after her later, lying to everyone (totally not foreign to him) and telling them something stupid like he came back to her after that privately and told her NOT to put him up. And he would have the Brigade to back him up. Then Brenden kept telling her to do it, do it, do it. Put Matt up under the pretense that it would ensure Monet's eviction. Brenden is playing dumb like he's HER puppet, but he's really the one pulling the strings.

If he's part of the brigade, why did they put up one of their own last week?

I think because one of the ultimate strategies of the game seems to be that you don't want others to know who's TRULY in your alliance. So by putting up one of their own (who seemed to have nothing to do with them), others would not know he was actually in their alliance. Then the alliance would not be exposed.

If both had stayed on the block last week, I feel sure that Rachel would have most likely been evicted no matter what they said. I believe Brenden was and is just using her as a pawn to further himself in the game and then push to the side as he squeezes ahead.

Nah, I think you might not be seeing the whole scenes in question. Brendon was only sulking because she chastised him for telling Andrew they were thinking about putting him up, because he wanted to feel as though he was making the decisions with her but she has let him know in no uncertain terms by her actions all week that this is her show. For the most part he seems to be okay with that, but when she was pissed at him for bringing anything up to Andrew, that's why he was sulking & leaving the HoH saying "I won't talk to anyone anymore, I won't talk game, I'll back you up with whatever you want to do, it's fine". He came back into the HoH room within 10 minutes after that scene they showed tonight, and they were kissing and apologizing to eachother right away. But later, she was still punishing him a bit, being standoffish, asking him to come back in 10 minutes when he walked in on her taking with I think Ragan in the Hoh, being noncommittal about them hanging out in the hammock etc. Just being passive aggressive, & he got his feelings hurt. They talked about it later, & he was feeling really insecure. She was just putting him in his place I believe. If you look at their dynamics for any kind of extended period of time, you can tell, believe me, she's running the show.

The minute Matt said he was lying about his wife being sick Johnny Fairplay popped into my head. I will give Matt credit for one thing. He did make a promise to make a donation to the foundation of the disease he claims his wife has if he wins. I'm OK with that. I'm also OK with the lie he told. I know some of you find his actions despicable but a lie is a lie no matter how large or small. I don't buy the idea that there are some lies you can tell and some lies you cannot tell. If the lab rats in the house buy his story then so be it. The rules say you can lie so let the B.S. flow like the oil in the gulf!

Nah, I think you might not be seeing the whole scenes in question. Brendon was only sulking because she chastised him for telling Andrew they were thinking about putting him up, because he wanted to feel as though he was making the decisions with her but she has let him know in no uncertain terms by her actions all week that this is her show. For the most part he seems to be okay with that, but when she was pissed at him for bringing anything up to Andrew, that's why he was sulking & leaving the HoH saying "I won't talk to anyone anymore, I won't talk game, I'll back you up with whatever you want to do, it's fine". He came back into the HoH room within 10 minutes after that scene they showed tonight, and they were kissing and apologizing to eachother right away. But later, she was still punishing him a bit, being standoffish, asking him to come back in 10 minutes when he walked in on her taking with I think Ragan in the Hoh, being noncommittal about them hanging out in the hammock etc. Just being passive aggressive, & he got his feelings hurt. They talked about it later, & he was feeling really insecure. She was just putting him in his place I believe. If you look at their dynamics for any kind of extended period of time, you can tell, believe me, she's running the show.

That's exactly the way I saw it too. Rachel had it right at one point that night when she said she'd put Matt up but call him out at the same time and make the house aware that he volunteered. Ragan, Matt's point man, talked her out of that. She was more concerned with making good tv than making a good move. She wanted drama at all costs, for the show, and she wanted Brendon to keep his opinions to himself, since he made stupid moves anyway. (her words)

Okay. You're probably right. But I have a feeling that Brenden is running one of his own.

It's possible. I'd certainly have more respect for Brendon if he was :-D

I concur. :clap: I do have a feeling he really does have something up his sleeve. Of course, maybe I'm just using my imagination and trying to think of strategy that the game players could be using... if they're actually playing that is. If someone doesn't do something soon that involves some real strategy, I swear... :angry2::sleep1:

The minute Matt said he was lying about his wife being sick Johnny Fairplay popped into my head. I will give Matt credit for one thing. He did make a promise to make a donation to the foundation of the disease he claims his wife has if he wins. I'm OK with that. I'm also OK with the lie he told. I know some of you find his actions despicable but a lie is a lie no matter how large or small. I don't buy the idea that there are some lies you can tell and some lies you cannot tell. If the lab rats in the house buy his story then so be it. The rules say you can lie so let the B.S. flow like the oil in the gulf!

Yah wasn't baller going to give money to autism after he called them all retards too..... not likely

Karma is a bi*ch. How would he feel if he came home, and his wife was diagnosed with cancer? I just think Matt is being a dirty dog and he's about to get fleas. Once the other HG smell it, he's gone. I remember Natalie did something similar in the last season. When her fiance proposed to her, she told the other HG he broke up with her (I think?). Anyway she told them something terrible to get their sympathy, and it backfired on her.

Rachel: This is SUCH a tough decision for me, but in the end I just want Brendon to be happy!

she is one of the most pathetic players ever

-Kyo

A-MEN. She is not secure enough to make a decision on her own. She always wants to please everyone.

I just got home and started watching it. I started laughing when the tears started flowing from Monet and Britney. I don't know how I'm going to get through this episode.

Wow, they made the mean girls look bad in this episode. Not that they made them look any differently than they are.

Now we know why Andrew hates Matt so much. I wish he would confide with someone about being a Doctor so he can expose Matt.

If Lane knew Britney was short, than wouldn't it be smart to drop seconds after her to make sure she's out? Isn't the point to make sure the noms don't win? Rachel should have dropped before Monet. That didn't make sense at all to drop after her.

I just got home and started watching it. I started laughing when the tears started flowing from Monet and Britney. I don't know how I'm going to get through this episode.

yep...it was all good!

I especially was laughing at Monet when she was trash talking Rachel...said "I've never said anything bad about her!" then she had that oops-duh moment :huh: and added "to her face."

:laugh4:

We have at least six people in the house which could be labeled "a brain" and there isn't a single one of them playing a smart game IMO.

Matt, Rachel and Ragan are all big fans of this show but now they've been thrown into that house it's removing their perspective of the game. Even Brit who states she's "one of us" who watch the live feeds isn't thinking straight (it's pretty apparent considering the way she's been conducting herself).

This is a mental game but when you throw deep emotions into the mix it's all over but the shouting. You can't play the game well especially if you get romantically or emotionally involved with another hamster.

Most human beings are fickle. I don't think we should expect any less from these HG. wink.gif

Rachel should have dropped before Monet. That didn't make sense at all to drop after her.

It made perfect sense to drop right after Monet. Monet would have had to drop at exactly the 1 hour mark and then Rachel would have dropped at 1 hour and 1 second. If Monet dropped at 55 minute mark and Rachel dropped right after her Rachel would have won with 55 minutes and 1 second.

It's just like on the Price Is Right, if the other 3 contests have already bid and the high bid is $700.00 and you think the price is higher than that, you bid $701.00

It made perfect sense to drop right after Monet. Monet would have had to drop at exactly the 1 hour mark and then Rachel would have dropped at 1 hour and 1 second. If Monet dropped at 55 minute mark and Rachel dropped right after her Rachel would have won with 55 minutes and 1 second.

It's just like on the Price Is Right, if the other 3 contests have already bid and the high bid is $700.00 and you think the price is higher than that, you bid $701.00

Exactly..And if Brendon had used his head he should have dropped right after Britney to ensure neither would win POV

Everyone else had already dropped, so why would they think the hour hadn't passed yet? They were like 15 minutes over. I would trust that Monet would have been over the hour since the whole group had already passed their internal clock's hour.

Archived