Living With "Fran"

salter-path

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627

I am one of the only Fran fans left ... I loved The Nanny! Yes it was one dimensional but it always made me laugh!

Guest GaYToR

OK you guys. Move over, I'm jumping on this sofa too, unless ranster will let me share his chair.

I'm a Fran Fanatic and proud of it. The Nanny is one of my guilty pleasures. Whenever I am channel surfing, which is most of the time, and run across The Nanny I step away from the computer to watch, even if I have seen a show so many times I know the dialogue.

This one will be on my to watch list as soon as I find out what night it's on. I'll probably even program it in to change to that channel so I don't forget.

Guest ranster627

Well I watched it ... hmmmmm, a toned down Fran ... she seemed a little restrained, but I could still see some of the old spark!

As with most premieres, the acting was kinda bad as they hadn't found their niche, and something was missing --- a Fran nemesis! I am hoping that the show will tune up and add a wisecracker / foil ... I was still happy to see her again!

It followed Reba on the WB, another show I like ...

It is either destines to join "My Mother, The Car" or it will have a few years in it ...

I am going to give it more time and keep watching ...

By the way, I have a huge couch, and lap, so everyone ... welcome aboard, just share the chips! :wink:

Come on Suds, stay with us!

*passes Ranster the chips*

36_11_15.gif

It wasnt great but is there anything better to watch on Fridays?

Plus there arent that many shows were the woman is the older person in the relationship so that was cool!

How about "Third Watch" and "Law and Order: Trial by Jury" ???

That is funny I know you don't know this but I am the older woman in my reality show here. lol. I am 14 years older than my husband. I know what you mean though but it is her annoying voice that I can't stand and her awful laugh. JMHO But hey look at it this way more chips for you guys. lol.

Your right, I can not stand her voice or laugh !!!!

I love third watch but its sad to keep watching knowing it will end soon.

I havent seen Law and Order:Trial by Jury, I'll check it out.

BUT i still think this is an OK show and will keep watching.

Suds I didnt mean to offend anyone I'm just so used to seeing the old guy with the model, that seeing 40 something year old Fran with 20 something year old ''guy"(what was his name?) was cool.

My aunt started dating a younger man and some of her ''friends'' freaked out!

I almost missed it but caught it right before her boyfriend (name?) cut himself with the knife.

I agree with you ranster, a toned down Fran, but yes, the spark is definitely still there. And of course, I love her wardrobe, as usual.

Gaytor, I could spout the dialogue of The Nanny myself, as I still tape it every morning to watch when there's nothing on @ night when I'm alive, or Nick@Nite starts rerunning. (Don't know if you've all noticed, but I'm not a morning person.) Her irritating voice didn't grow on me, I guess I just "overcame" it. She's really a delightful person and her personal life story is one of sadness and joy. I couldn't be happier for her now and really, really hope this show goes far.

The dude playing her son could have been better cast, but maybe he'll grow on me. Val did in the Nanny!

So,.... My spot is nice and warm on the couch... well, it looks like we may need a conversation pit now, but I'm there! And I brought the shrimp platter!

26_11_3.gif

Guest XandraSkye

I'll just take this Laz-E-Boy over here. *awwww*

I watched both episodes and even though the acting wasn't the greatest I can definitely see the potential in the show. I think they just need to find their footing. Her 'boy toy' is a total hottie and I thought the story about how they got together was very sweet. I also liked the daughter, her character is gonna be the wisecracking smartass that we will all love. I'll watch it again next week.

"Oh look, shrimp!"

Guest XandraSkye

From the 'Entertainment News' on TVGuide.com:

Fran Drescher's new WB comedy Living with Fran enjoyed solid sampling in its Friday-night debut, retaining 90 percent of its Reba lead-in.

(Zap2it.com) The WB gave its new sitcom "Living with Fran" two chances to find an audience last week, and the second one worked out a lot better. As a result, the show will settle into that second spot -- 9:30 p.m. ET Fridays -- for the remainder of the season.

"Fran," which marks "The Nanny" star Fran Drescher's return to sitcoms, debuted to about 3 million viewers at 8:30 p.m. Friday (April 8th)

Guest ranster627
Yippety!!  Glad to hear it!  Let's hope the show has staying power!  Fran fans unite! 

:clap  :clap :clap :clap

I got new pillows for the couch ... pop anyone?

Guest XandraSkye
I got new pillows for the couch ... pop anyone?

For those of you who aren't from the North, Pop = Soda.

I'll watch it again next week.

I'll take a Coke, here in the southwest US, every carbonated, un-diet soda-pop, is called a coke. Although I really do love Coca-Cola!! But I'd like a shot of Crown to go with it please. :wink:

Watching The Nanny right now! Maxwell and Fran are on a plane home from London which they think is going to crash. He tells her he loves her and they kiss passionately!! In the next episode they get home and...

Does anyone know what Maxwell does when they get home?

A double shot of Crown to whomever knows... Or I'll take it if you don't drink and you can have a pop, soda, coke. Whatever.

Guest GaYToR

:rofl @ Tabitha.

I'm not sure what answer you are looking for but I know he wiggles his way out of it. And there is a lot of talk about saying things you don't mean when you think you are about to die.

Guest ranster627
:rofl @ Tabitha.

I'm not sure what answer you are looking for but I know he wiggles his way out of it. And there is a lot of talk about saying things you don't mean when you think you are about to die.

Seems to me they made almost half a season out of that running gag of the "taking it back" incident! :wink:

Guest XandraSkye
Seems to me they made almost half a season out of that running gag of the "taking it back" incident! :wink:

Yes, they did. And IMO, it got very old! I hate that kind of crap in sitcoms. The 'will they or won't they?' ploy. People say that when a couple gets together it ruins the show but I don't agree. I don't think Monica and Chandler getting together in Friends changed anything. I think it all depends on the writers.

Jeez, Skye. Ruin our fun!! :lol::lol:

Yes, HE TOOK IT BACK!!!!!

She went around saying, "That was before you took back the THING." Funniest thing was, Niles, who usually knows ALL, was in the dark about this one for a while.

Sigh. I'd love a Nanny Trivia thread... 4_6_109v.gifI wonder...

In the meantime, can't wait what the next episode of Living w/ Fran brings us! :lol:

Did anyone happen to catch Fran on Conan last night??

She was talking about being single again, etc. She said she and a friend of hers had an "oral sex" expert come over for a "demonstration party". I couldn't believe how candid she was about it! She said she tried what she learned on her boyfriend and he told her, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"

Also, she was interviewed on Entertainment Tonight yesterday before Survivor came on. She talked about having uterine cancer and overcoming it, being divorced and having a new boyfriend 16 years younger than she, hence the theme for her new show, which she executive produces, Living With Fran.

Anyone who can't stand to listen to her talk will be glad to know, her voice isn't as bad as she once made it out to be. I think it has toned down from age (or smoking) or she was accentuating it for the Nanny. MHO, of course.

Anyway, she seemed pretty happy on Conan and in the ET interview. I'm so happy for her. She has dealt with a lot in her life. Some may not know that while living in NYC with her ex Peter Marc Jacobsen in 1989 (I think in 89) someone broke into their apartment and she was raped. I have experienced the same and I really feel for her in that regard. :cry:

I hope the pillows have been fluffed and the chips are fresh! I'm bringing homemade salsa!! Art, get your lap ready, 'cause here I come!!!