Amazing Race Begins Sept 27th!

bink_wolf

I hope that the children are grown children and not small ones because the stress of traveling and racing definetley would not be a healthy experience for kids.

LOL, Dont drink Spooky. :shock:

Just read this on yahoo...

The eighth edition of The Amazing Race is due this fall, with a new twist--instead of teams of two, families of four will be in the running for the $1 million prize.

Carry two things Jem -- a bottle of infant gravol for her and a bottle of scotch for you.   :wink:

Just make sure the scotch is sealed if you take it in your carry on. Security made my hubby turn in his mickey because it was not sealed. I guess they had a good party!!

• 2 months later...
It seems like the age limit is 12 and Ruperts daughter is 8 was what was written.

2 years ago she was 4 so that makes her only 6 now. I remember reading an article about all the rumors about him and he said he wouldn't do that to her because she was only 5 and then I read that there was an age limit for the kids.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: I've a fan of The Amazing Race from the beginning, and I wonder what your feelings are about the new season. The family edition excited me when I first heard about it, but the longer I've thought about it, the more worried I've become. Now that some details have come out, including the fact that they will mostly stay on the North American continent, I worry that the travel part of the show will really suffer. What is your take on the new season, and do you think it could hurt the show now that it has finally found an audience?

Matt Roush: As with most things on TV, I'm reserving judgment until I actually see it, but I'm certainly not approaching it with a skeptical attitude. As far as staying in the states, that might actually be refreshing. This is a big, diverse and visually spectacular country, and Race may benefit from exploiting that for a change. As far as how the game will be played with a wider range of ages, including children, I'm keeping an open mind. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing for a successful reality show to shake things up once in a while, as long as it doesn't lose sight of what made it successful in the first place. Which brings me to the following interesting take on reality franchises....