Survivor Connections and head count

Jem

Survivor Connections

Hurley and Locke - Hurley owns box company Locke works for

Hurley and Ethan - Possibly owns shoe company that Ethan's shoes came from (if Ethan was in Canada within one year before plane crash)

Hurley and Sayid - Sayid fought in Gulf War, Hurley's friend was in Gulf War

Hurley and Jin - Hurley is on Korean TV when Jin visites environ. sec.

Sawyer and Jack - Sawyer drank with Jack's dad in Australia

Sawyer Boone Sawyer was in jail when Boone visited police station

Sawyer and Hurley - Lotto girl that announced Hurley's #'s dated Sawyer

Jack and Jin/Sun - Jack was trying to get them to take his father's body onto the plane, while Jin/Sun were waiting in line. (Thanks raydog)

?Claire and ?Other Survivor - Did another plane passenger visit the same psychic? Does this explain how psychic knew of plane crash? From previous reading? This connection isn't established yet, just speculative.

Awesome job!

I do have one question.... Ethan's shoes? I don't recall those being mentioned/featured anywhere... what did I miss? :? Also I did NOT pick up on the lotto girl being w/ Sawyer -- I must be slipping :roll:

Here's one more I can think of off the top of my head:

Jack and Jin/Sun - Jack was trying to get them to take his father's body onto the plane, while Jin/Sun were waiting in line

• 1 month later...

Kate - Sayid

• Sayid appears on the TV in the army office when she visits her dad.
Hurley - Locke
  • Hurley owns the box company Locke works for
  • Hurley and Locke's mother were both patients at SRMHI
  • Hurley and Locke both worked for Randy (Hurley at Mr. Cluck's, Locke at the box company)
Hurley Ethan
  • This is a stretch, but Hurley owns a shoe company in Ontario and Ethan says he is from Ontario
Hurley - Sayid
  • Another stretch: Hurley has a friend who fought in the gulf war. Sayid fought in the gulf war.
Hurley - Jin
  • Hurley appears on TV when Jin visits the environmental secretaries house
Sawyer - Jack
  • Sawyer drank with Jack's dad in Australia
Sawyer - Boone
  • Sawyer was at the police station when Boone visited

Sawyer - Hurley

• The lotto girl that announced Hurley's numbers is with Sawyer at the hotel where Hibbs awaits
Boone - Shannon
  • Boone's mother married Shannon's father
Jin - Sun
  • Jin and Sun are married
Michael - Walt
  • Michael is Walt's father
Jack - Shannon
  • Shannon's father, Adam Rutherford, was in the SUV that hit Jack's future wife, Sarah. Adam died in the ER after the accident, Jack wasn't able to work on him because he chose to work on Sarah.
Jack - Desmond
  • Desmond and Jack met late one night running steps at a stadium. Desmond encouraged Jack to "change his angle" and made him think about the possibility of Sarah being able to walk again.
?Claire - ?Other
  • Speculative stretch: Did another plane passenger visit the same psychic? Does this explain how psychic knew of plane crash? From previous reading? This connection isn't established yet, just speculative.

• 4 weeks later...

SURVIVOR COUNT DOWN

50 Number of people who survive the initial crash

49 Turbine Man sucked into engine and dies

48 Pilot Killed by monster (this is the initial count that Jack makes, which doesn't include the Pilot or the Tubine Man)

47 Marshal euthanized by Jack

46 Joanna Drowns (confirmed in Ep. 5 when Jack tells Charlie "there's 46 of us now")

45 Scott is killed

45 Ethan killed by Charlie (see note below as to why Ethan's death doesn't affect the count)

46 Claire's son born

45 Boone dies

44 Arzt is blown to kingdom come

* NOTE: The creators of the show have confirmed that Ethan was not in

the original "survivor count" of 48, thus his death does not factor into

the Survivor Count Down.

Thanks Ran, for the list of trivia and thanks Jem, for the head count!

Additional nicknames I thought of:

Sawyer calls Jin "Sulu" (Star Trek)

Arzt calls Kate "Princess"

• 10 months later...

Kate - Sayid

Sayid appears on the TV in the army office when she visits her dad.

Kate's stepfather, Sam Austen, apprehends Sayid during the gulf war

Hurley - Locke

Hurley owns the box company Locke works for

Hurley and Locke both worked for Randy (Hurley at Mr. Cluck's, Locke at the box company)

Hurley and Locke's mother were both patients at SRMHI

Hurley - Jin

Hurley appears on TV when Jin visits the environmental secretaries house

Hurley - Libby

Hurley and Libby were in SRMHI together

Libby - Locke

Libby and Locke's mother were both patients at SRMHI

Sawyer - Jack

Sawyer drank with Jack's dad in Australia (who encouraged him to do what he needed to do)

Sawyer - Boone

Sawyer was detained at the police station when Boone visited

Sawyer - Hurley

The lotto girl that announced Hurley's numbers is with Sawyer at the hotel where Hibbs awaits

Sawyer - Kate

Sawyer and Gordy met in a restraunt and were served by Kate's mother

Boone - Shannon

Boone's mother married Shannon's father

Jin - Sun

Husband and wife

Michael - Walt

Father and son

Jack - Shannon

Shannon's father, Adam Rutherford, was in the SUV that hit Jack's future wife, Sarah. Adam died in the ER after the accident, Jack wasn't able to work on him because he chose to work on Sarah

Jack - Desmond

Desmond and Jack met late one night running steps at a stadium. Desmond encouraged to think about the possibility of Sarah being able to walk again

Sayid - Locke

Locke was hired to do a home inspection by Nadia, Sayid's love interest from Iraq

Bernard - Rose

Husband and wife

Claire ?

Speculative stretch: Did another plane passenger visit the same psychic? Does this explain how psychic knew of plane crash? From previous reading? This connection isn't established yet, just speculative

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this borders on spoiler anyone...

Nice link, Cher! But, some of the connections are speculations right? Walt's mother is Rose's daughter? Did I miss something when I didn't record the SOS episode?? Crap on a stick!!!

The real Henry was Rose's brother? huh?

I think some of it is speculation but very possible.

lostConnections.gif

Sledgeweb's have all known listed and NORMALLY update it every eppy. Bit slow in the last few weeks.

Kate Sayid

Sayid appears on the TV in the army office when she visits her dad

Kate's stepfather, Sam Austen, apprehends Sayid during the gulf war

Hurley Locke

Hurley owns the box company Locke works for

Hurley and Locke both worked for Randy (Hurley at Mr. Cluck's, Locke at the box company)

Hurley and Locke's mother were both patients at SRMHI

Hurley Jin

Hurley appears on TV when Jin visits the environmental secretaries house

Hurley Libby

Hurley and Libby were in SRMHI together

Libby Locke

Libby and Locke's mother were both patients at SRMHI

Sawyer Jack

Sawyer drank with Jack's dad in Australia (who encouraged him to do what he needed to do)

Sawyer Boone

Sawyer was detained at the police station when Boone visited

Sawyer Hurley

The lotto girl that announced Hurley's numbers is with Sawyer at the hotel where Hibbs awaits

Sawyer Kate

Sawyer and Gordy met in a restraunt and were served by Kate's mother

Sawyer Ana-Lucia

Sawyer bumps into the car Christian and Ana are in while in Sydney

Boone Shannon

Boone's mother married Shannon's father

Jin Sun

Husband and wife

Michael Walt

Father and son

Jack Shannon

Shannon's father, Adam Rutherford, was in the SUV that hit Jack's future wife, Sarah. Adam died in the ER after the accident, Jack wasn't able to work on him because he chose to work on Sarah

Jack Desmond

Desmond and Jack met late one night running steps at a stadium. Desmond encouraged to think about the possibility of Sarah being able to walk again

Jack Ana-Lucia

Ana travels to Sydney with Jack's father

Sayid Locke

Locke was hired to do a home inspection by Nadia, Sayid's love interest from Iraq

Bernard Rose

Husband and wife

Claire Eko

Eko investigates a mircale involving the death and awakening of Richard Malkin's daughter, the psychic Claire visits and is responsible for her being on Flight 815

Sorry if this borders on spoiler anyone...

Nice link, Cher! But, some of the connections are speculations right? Walt's mother is Rose's daughter? Did I miss something when I didn't record the SOS episode?? Crap on a stick!!!

The real Henry was Rose's brother? huh?

Yea I think a lot of it is speculation...But I can see the connections as feasible! When Ana Lucia took Jacks Dad to see his daughter...she wasn't there so we don't know what she looks like. BUT...The woman..(his mistress) did have blonde hair...AND they were in Australia! So that link makes sense to me. If thats so...then Jack delivered his own nephew!

The one that floored me was Roses brother possibly being the REAL Henry Gale!!... AND Rose is Walts Grandmother!! :blink:

All sort of things are possible I guess... ;)

VERY possible. I remember having a conversation with someone about Claire after last weeks eppy. I've think the producers have shown us that ANYTHING is possible.