American Idol 10

Fuskie

"American Idol" announced Monday that it is lowering the minimum age restriction for contestants from 16 to 15, allowing even younger aspiring pop stars to forgo their hairbrushes and stuffed-animal audiences in exchange for a real microphone and millions of TV viewers.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/21/a...dex.html?hpt=C2

Fuskie

Who figures eventually anyone over the age of 20 won't stand a chance...

The "Bieber effect" is right- sigh. I don't think I will be able to stomach this show much longer if it ends up becoming a competition to be the next JB or Miley or Jonas Brother.

I think 15 is too young! I actually feel like they should raise the age limit to 17 or 18. Jordin is the only under 18 winner, right? I feel like she's the exception and not the rule - most kids can't really handle the competition and I don't think most of them could handle winning.

Switch it to The Disney Channel. This is ridiculous. I can't stand the 17 year olds now. I definitely won't be able to stand hearing a 15 year old sing Chain of Fools with the line "for 5 long years I thought you were my man".

If anything, I think they should up the age. What could possibly be the rationale for this suicide move?

Maybe they figure since Simon Cowell isn't going to be a judge any longer, they won't have to worry about a 15 yr old bawling on stage. ^_^

• 1 month later...

TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Nigel Lythgoe Eyes Return to American Idol

Jul 27, 2010 12:09 AM ET

by Kate Stanhope

Nigel Lythgoe is nearing a deal to return to American Idol as an executive producer, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The So You Think You Can Dance executive producer and judge is being brought back to revamp Idol following Simon Cowell's exit earlier this year. The 61

I think 15 is too young! I actually feel like they should raise the age limit to 17 or 18. Jordin is the only under 18 winner, right? I feel like she's the exception and not the rule - most kids can't really handle the competition and I don't think most of them could handle winning.

[/quote

I totally agree with you

American Idol: Ellen Degeneres Is Out!

American Idol: Ellen Degeneres Is Out!

Ellen DeGeneres, the newest judge of American Idol (for a few more weeks anyway), and the topic of much scepticism, made an announcement tonight on her Twitter account that will make many fans sad, and others who are not fans cheer for joy.

Ellen DeGeneres took to Twitter to announce her departure from American Idol.

Dim the lights

Don't like J-Lo, not crazy about Steven Tyler. I think Harry Connick Jr. would have been a perfect judge. He's funny and also has the music expertise. And I was never a Kara hater. I thought she was better than Paula.

i really cant comment on 2 new judges until i see them in action

i love that both kara and ellen are out

love that they went back to 3 judges

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...