Actress Rue McClanahan

Yana

I just heard on The View that Rue McClanahan had past away... They didn't say what from and I haven't found any information on the web about it yet...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I love her!

Sadly, it is true.

June 3, 2010 | 9:31 am

Rue McClanahan, who played a man-crazy Southern belle in the seminal '80s sitcom "Golden Girls," died early Thursday of a massive stroke. She was 76. McClanahan had suffered a minor stroke in January during recovery from heart bypass surgery, her manager said at the time.

"Golden Girls," which has aired in syndication nearly nonstop since its successful run from 1985 to 1992 on NBC, has been discovered by a whole new generation lately, partly because of costar Betty White and her resurgent popularity.

White is now the sole surviving cast member. Bea Arthur died last year of cancer, and Estelle Getty died in 2008.

McClanahan won an Emmy in 1987 for her portrayal of Blanche Devereaux, an aging beauty who still had an eye for the fellas. The actress' resume stretches back to the '60s and includes some of TV's most memorable shows, such as "All in the Family," "Maude," "The Love Boat" and "Touched by an Angel."

In 2007, she published a memoir with the sassy title "My First Five Husbands ... and the Ones Who Got Away."

rip golden girl

This is very sad news. She was an amazing actress and did a lot to make people comfortable with talking about sex and a woman owning their own bodies. I can't believe there's only one Golden Girl still standing. This is really really sad. Comedy and talent like this seems scarce today.

What a huge loss. I'm posting to send out my deepest respect and sympathies and to say thanks for the many laughs over the year and still today through reruns.