Hell's Kitchen

laladoopiedu

Is it just me, or does there seem to be quite a few contestants this year who look like they live in a group home?

It isn't you. They are a strange looking/acting bunch. But I've got to wonder if they're really as bad as they appeared or if they were told to mess up. I can't believe they can be such idiots and still get on the show when there are so many good cooks around- just compare this show to Top Chef, for example. My conclusion is that this show has sunk to the level of canned/planned entertainment and has little to do with actually cooking.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be quite a few contestants this year who look like they live in a group home?

It isn't you. They are a strange looking/acting bunch. But I've got to wonder if they're really as bad as they appeared or if they were told to mess up. I can't believe they can be such idiots and still get on the show when there are so many good cooks around- just compare this show to Top Chef, for example. My conclusion is that this show has sunk to the level of canned/planned entertainment and has little to do with actually cooking.

I got this feeling while I was watching, too. I just can't see them picking people who almost suck in the 6th season of the show. I think they know that people tune in to see Gordon act crazy and be mean to people so they are now building the show around that. People who want to see real chefs cooking well and battling it out can just watch Top Chef, I guess.

More to the point, would you really be interested in eating anything those people cook or touch?

When I was in high school, some friends & I snuck into the Home Economics room and stole a plate of cupcakes. Since our bad reputation was known, we were called into the principal's office and questioned about it. Of course, we had no knowledge of anything. The Home Ec teacher left us with these parting words: "I hope you enjoyed them, they were made by the Special Ed class"

I think our gagging gave us away.

True story.

2 Episodes have now aired and I can honestly say there is not one person in the bunch that either stands out as a good cook, or that I find interesting enough to root for. Hopefully time will help me find my favorite because right now I don't like this cast at all.

yeah, not a very promising buncha cooks, is it?

i don't think he'll win, but i LOVE salvatore. he's a cutie.

also, not the most aesthetically pleasing group of people either. i mean, whoa.

what happened to heather as the sous chef?

• 2 weeks later...

Good Grief . . . they're down to the final 6 and I don't think there's a decent one in the bunch. I cannot imagine any one of these contestants will be head chef at London's Savoy Hotel.

Oh, and Ben is an A-hole.

agree that ben is a HUGE a$$hole.

i think holli is emerging as a good chef. but i'm still not sure who's going to win. whoever it is, they won't actually get to be head chef. they'll be put on the line so they can "train"

• 4 weeks later...

So glad Ben FINALLY got sent home. I couldn't stand him. So Jay & Holly are final 2. I think Holly has done better in the challenges, but I think Jay would make a better head chef because of his experience. He seems the better choice but since a girl hasn't won the past few seasons, I'm guessing she's done enough to be chosen.