BB Office Pool Suggestions

You could follow the pattern that we have here with the Prediction Challenge. You can check that out in the archives.

Basically each week there is a set of questions to answer, you score points for each answer you get correct. We are considering doing this type of challenge here in our office too.

woo hoo

Can't wait for BB to start !!!

:party_smilie:

In my office we put watch the previews and then start a bidding pool for which player you want. It's $x to get in and then pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and so on are added to the bids as people race to be the highest bidder. There's a $x cap on a player although we don't usually hit it. You can withdraw your name from a HG bidding war to pick an 'unrepresented ' HG. We stop when each HG has a 'rep' or the show starts - whichever comes first. If the winning HG is not represented the next closest gets the winnings but we haven't had that happen in years. We also have an option where we put a dollar down on eviction predictions and the money goes to the HG rep that stays in the house, that rep has the option to 'reinvest' their winnings in the jackpot or keep it.

Boy, reading that we have some serious fans at work. We do all of this via a Facebook group now though, can't do it on company time and we can share friendly banter without interrupting the work day.

Both of these sound like good ideas. However, I don't know if I could get everyone to buy into that much "work". :smiley: We do have some fairly casual fans that will be playing.

For the Survivor pool we just all put in $10.00 and drew random names. The winner took the money. We have actually talked about watching through the first eviction and then doing our draft. This would let every one get an idea of who they like. Then we would draw for draft position and pick our players.

I do like the idea of the question challenge. Maybe we could do that as a side pool for those interested, or set aside a part of the pool for the winner of that challenge. How would you do something like this on facebook?

• 2 weeks later...

We have had an office pool for 2 years. We make 3-4 copies of the HG mugs and put them on tongue depressor sticks. We charged $10 a piece and you could get up to 3 if you wanted. We had a poster board with a slot for each guest, a slot for the HOH, POV winner, Julie, and the nominees. We moved them around as the week progressed and had a small ceremony every Friday am after live eviction. We paid 2 places and consolation for AC winner at the end. Is a lot of fun, but unfortunately, I no longer work at this company and am now in an office of 1.

We have had an office pool for 2 years. We make 3-4 copies of the HG mugs and put them on tongue depressor sticks. We charged $10 a piece and you could get up to 3 if you wanted. We had a poster board with a slot for each guest, a slot for the HOH, POV winner, Julie, and the nominees. We moved them around as the week progressed and had a small ceremony every Friday am after live eviction. We paid 2 places and consolation for AC winner at the end. Is a lot of fun, but unfortunately, I no longer work at this company and am now in an office of 1.

This is pretty cool. We may have to try something like this.

• 2 weeks later...

The emails have started at work... people worried that they will get left out of the Big Brother Office Pool. I make a poster board with each HG's photo with their name and then in red the co-worker's name who drew that HG's name out of a hat. We make Veto and Nominated post it tabs that get moved around. We write EVICTED across their photo once they get kicked out (which backfired a few years ago when James came back in the house). The copy repair techs and spread it guys all stop by to check the boards regularly. Very fun.... now I just need photos/names/bios and we can get this thing going.

Leftcoast

Archived