Leaderboard Analysis & Discussion

JEDI

leaderboardweek62zw.jpg

In a race, everything can change in a heartbeat, so past results don't mean much, really, when trying to determine the eventual outcome.But sometimes you can get an impression of how well the teams are doing by how they've managed so far.
    As you can see from the table above (from the official CBS website), in which the teams are listed by the order in which they placed this past week:
    Rob & Amber, have thrice placed first. Their average placement is 2nd.
    Ron & Kelly won the 3th leg of the race, and like Uchenna & Joyce, have been placing quite high after the initial week.
    Lynn & Alex won the 3rd leg of the race, but were usually placing 5th, and are now usually placing 4th.
    Meredith & Gretchen were placing 7th, but are now usually placing 5th.
    The race is at the halfway mark now.
    There are 5 teams still in the race.
    There has been only one Fast-forward used so far, and no yields.
    And there are 2 more non-elimination legs to come.
    (So if the same new rule applies, it will make for some
    "good TV", which would make BB5's Jase very proud!)
    It looks like they are expecting to have 3 teams for legs 9, 10, 11 and 12, so the remaining 2 non-elimination legs will most probably be then.
    This thread is for analysis of the statistics, so please share any observations about the tabular results so far, but not personal opinions about any of the teams, or your thoughts on who will win. The latter can be expressed in other threads. Thanks.

Jedi,

Episode 5 was a dual finish line episode. Ray and Deana used the fast forward and came in first and the first finish line. Maybe you can do a split placing for that episode. Plus the first finish line was a non-elimation leg. Perhaps it should be set up as legs and not episodes. Just my thoughts on the matter. :shock:

It looks like they are expecting to have 3 teams for legs 9, 10, 11 and 12, so the remaining 2 non-elimination legs will most probably be then.

I believe CBS always starts out showing the leaderboard dropping a team per leg, but they adjust it as the episodes are aired, so I don't think this necessarily means there will be three teams left for the last four legs.

It would be pretty boring if all remaining teams know they can't be eliminated on legs 9, 10 or 11, which would mean the only one that would really count would be 12, and they might just think to hell with it and save their energy for the final leg.

Guest cappy
Out of the 6 legs thats showing on the board, Rob/Amber have 3 of the 6 first place finishes and average placing 2nd.

Blue_Rose, you're right, the graph does NOT show the non-elimination leg, so it does not "average in" their placement from that leg. Thus, these statistics are skewed. I will try to update the graph myself, if I have time.
    As the non-elimination leg where Ray & Deana placed first and Gretchen & Meredith placed last is not shown, my previous conjecture about future non-elimination legs is faulty because future non-elimination legs will probably not be shown either.
    Smart teams would know there are 3 non-elimination legs per race, but never know in advance which they are. However, as the race progresses, if there are still two non-elimination legs left, and not many legs remaining, they can start to figure out the increasing probabilities. Obviously the last leg cannot be a non-elimination leg.
    The only leg that really counts IS the final one!
    However, non-elimination legs are important too, as placing first may result in a prize, and placing last results in loss of all cash AND probably loss of all possessions except passports, so I don't think any racers will slack off, even if they figure out any particular leg must be a non-elimination one.

I added in the Non-Elimination leg, and re-calculated the averages (rounded to the nearest tenth).

leaderboardep6edit1ky.jpg

)Edit: Reminder, teams are listed by the order in which they placed this past week