Sign in to follow this  
Jem

'ER'

Guest StarBaby

Yeah, when she got back in the room and Kovac came in, she said they couldn't stop the bleeding and would one baby be enough for him.

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

09/16 - Episode 13.07 - Jigsaw: A 19-year-old girl named Mikela is waiting for a liver transplant. Her family has mixed feelings wanting her condition to worsen so she'll move up the waiting list but also wanting her to get better. Mikela and her family may recur in other episodes. A man comes to the ER with his son to get a prescription refilled. After a fight on a bus, two men are brought in the ER. Luka and Abby are looking for a nanny. They will interview various women all of diffirent backgrounds and ethnicities. Alex gets caught shoplifting at the Jumbo Mart. Dubenko, Ray, Malik, Crenshaw, Gates, Neela, Marquez, Sam, Morris, and Pratt, also appear.

What a great show for the 2nd episode this year, so we know Clemente won't be back and Morris has got his job back. Didn't expect Carrie to lose her position,but looks like she's back in the ER.

The Abby and Kovac story had a storybook ending, isn't it time for a ER wedding???

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

ER

by Trish Wethman

September 21, 2006: Bloodline

Hey ER fans, better late than never, right? Thanks for your patience while we got the blog up and running.

Thankfully, the 13th season of our venerable Thursday-night must-see kicked off right where the finale left off, with Jerry, Luka, Abby and Sam all in various states of peril.

When we last saw Sam, she was being tossed into a van by Steve and his fellow prison escapee, Rafe. (For you Six Feet Under fans, Rafe was played by Michael Weston, the guy who brutalized David in a similarly creepy role a few years back. And Mary, the ER trainee turned gun-toting accomplice, was played by Natasha Gregson Wagner, daughter of the late Natalie Wood.) Their escape resulted in Jerry being shot, and Luka being paralyzed and intubated, helpless to assist a bleeding, unconscious Abby.

As a devoted fan, the sloppiness of some of the writing and character development in recent seasons has been frustrating. This show is at its absolute best, and always has been, when we are watching the day-to-day interactions of the characters we know and love. (It is why the Africa episodes of the past few seasons have been so jarring for longtime viewers, despite the presence of our beloved Dr. Carter.) This brings me to my issue with the illogical (and frankly, unnecessary) progression of the Steve story line. A few seasons back we met Sam

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

09/28 - Episode 13.08 - Reason to Believe: Pratt meets with a pastor who tells him he must help find an extra hundred grand a year to keep the congregation alive. This doesn't suit well with Pratt. Later Pratt makes a surprising (to him) discovery about Chaz. Three kids, age range between 9 and 11, come to the ER. Two of them carry the third one in a shopping cart because he's bleeding. The injured kid, Paulie, tells the two others to leave him there but not under the rain as it makes him hurt more. They seem to think Paulie was attacked by a demon, Bloody Mary. Gates first finds the kids and brings them inside where Hope and Jarvik help him. Neela, Abby, and Dumar, take care of an overdosed girl. Weaver takes part in some sort of tv show shooting at a middle school. Frank, Sam, Kovac, and Morris, also appear.

Anyone happen to see the previews for next weeks show........Sam and Kovac I think .....talking about Morris being accused of an inappropriate act with a minor. You know last season it was said he was not coming back this season.

Last year I didn't care for him to much but this year after the 1st and 2nd episode...I started liking his character.

Wonder if the allegations are going to run his character off the show!!

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

NBC Shelves 'ER' Hiatus Plan

'Black Donnellys' will get another spot on schedule

By Rick Porter

October 18, 2006

25964448.jpg

Linda Cardellini on 'ER'

LOS ANGELES -- NBC's plan at the start of this season was to make the 10 p.m. Thursday timeslot, one of its most valuable time periods, rerun-free for all of 2006-07.

Then "ER" went and regained its former spot at the top of the ratings in that hour, forcing the network to rethink that idea.

Rather than put the long-running hospital drama on the shelf for three months at midseason, NBC has decided to let "ER" hold the timeslot for the full season. That may mean a few repeats later on, but that may be better than ditching the show entirely for 13 weeks, as was the original plan.

"I think everyone here feels like [the change] is a real stamp of approval," "ER" executive producer David Zabel says. "... It's actually really inspiring and gratifying that the network has quickly said this show's too strong, too good and too popular for us to mess around with it."

When NBC announced its 2006-07 schedule in May, it said "ER" would run uninterrupted for 13 weeks in the fall, then take a seat for 13 weeks while the Paul Haggis drama "The Black Donnellys" ran its course. "ER" would then return for nine more episodes to close the year.

That changed when "ER" started winning its timeslot again, drawing a shade over 15 million viewers per week and a 6.4 rating among adults 18-49. Those aren't huge gains compared to this time last season (14.1 million, 6.3), but with CBS having moved "Without a Trace" to Sundays, "ER" is once again the top show in the time period, particularly among the 18-49 demo that advertisers covet. It has a better than a two-point lead over its competition in the hour, CBS' "Shark" and ABC's "Six Degrees."

With the change in scheduling, NBC is also considering ordering a couple more episodes of "ER" to stretch out the season and lessen the number of repeats. "We'd like to do some new shows, and that's being discussed," Zabel says. "We're all really excited about it, but that's NBC -- they have to figure out what they want to do."

The network hasn't settled on a place for "The Black Donnellys" yet. There will, however, be a few holes at midseason with the end of "Sunday Night Football" and the rough starts for some of NBC's other new dramas.

ER

by Trish Wethman

October 5, 2006: Somebody to Love

Before I start on the juicy stuff, I need someone to explain to me why, in the 13th season of a show, someone thought it was a good idea to change the theme music. I understand that the trend with a lot of shows is to forego the opening credits and I don

10/23 - Epsiode 13.09 - Scoop and Run: This seems to be the Thanksgiving episode. Pratt bans Ray from transport saying he is wasting too much ER time. Pratt switches a shift with Morris so the latter could see his kids. Weaver drops by the ER even if she is off duty since her son is in Orlando with his grandparents. Gates and Jane argue over who will take care of a 10-year-old who has been vomiting and having abdominal pain for the last two hours. Hollis tells more about Ames to Kovac. Abby must fly in a helicopter to be brought to a community hospital. Ray and Crenshaw talk about Jane. Sam, Neela, Pickman, and Malik, also appear.

10/23 - Episode 13.10 - Tell Me No Secrets: The daughter of one hospital official is found in front of her school bleeding vaginally. Hope is accused of stealing by a drunk patient. Nicole, a friend of Chaz (Pratt's brother), studies art history with him all night and decides to spend the night as it is too late to go back home. A woman is brought in the ER after she swallows her boyfriend's cellphone after another woman called him. A woman claims she has the Avian flu. Another patient comes to the ER with an ice pick stuck in his ear. Gates re-evaluates the state of his life. Neela, Kovac, Abby, Haleh, Morris, Sam, and Ray, also appear.

Thanks Dade :D

What a good show tonight......Morris or as many say "Archie" is really growing on me :lol: Looks like Forrest Whitaker may get that emmy nomination this year if he keeps it up.

Glad to see Carrie hanging with the girls.....since she was ousted from administration and put back in the ER her character has been giving new life!!

10/31 - Episode 13.11 - Breach of Trust: Patients in the ER include: a man with a bleeding ulcer whose condition worsens due to pills he got illegally at a church medical clinic, a man with chronic pancreatitis from gallstones, a woman who got injured after her 300-pound fianc

11/09 Episode was one of the best I've ever seen titled "Puzzles" Im trying to find the actor's name who played the disturbed patient.I had said earlier Forrest Whitaker could get an emmy nomination for his role on ER but I take that back after last night's episode. This young man came in with multiple personalities and a bad heart....OMG ....what a performance he gave.

I don't think Kovac and Abby are going to pick a nanny from the set they interviewed.....now that was funny.

As for Mr Ames.....I have a feeling we will see him back in the ER but not for good reasons. He is getting just plain creepy now....LET IT GO !!

I was thinking the exact same thing Jinx, about the DID patient... especially the last scene, he was brilliant in it.

And, unfortunetly, it might be the Whittaker character is going to fill the nanny position... I don't even want to think about where this story line is going... argh.

ER

by Trish Wethman

November 9, 2006: Jigsaw

Between Luka toting adorable Joe in his Baby Bjorn and Abby

10/11 - Episode 13.12 - City of Mercy: This Christmas episode will not only feature the regular drunk Santa but also Rufus Taylor, a man in his 30s who looks rather old because of drug abuse. He is rushed in the ER after a car accident. The man asks the doctors to find his estranged children so he can see them before his surgery. Another patient will be 15-year-old Ellie, a street kid who is in labor. Sam gets infuriated when Lenore Simkins, an African American in her early 50s, is dumped on the streets by another Chicago hospital. Sam tries to reunite this woman with her elderly parents who leave hundred miles away. A woman receives a kidney transplant from an anonymous donor at the same time her husband is donating his kidney to another patient. A handsome and friendly doctor is thrilled when he meets Neela.

And, unfortunetly, it might be the Whittaker character is going to fill the nanny position... I don't even want to think about where this story line is going... argh.

Yikes! I was thinking the same thing... :blink:

nanny would be fine, but i'm afraid that he's gonna do something to that baby as payback to luka....

All I know is that the dude is totally freaking me out......he's obessed :o

yes, and if its anyone's fault, its that stupid nurse's fault! but where was she at the trial????

You know I never thought about that, but remember he was in there several days so im sure other nurse's and doctor's were involved.....why is Luka being singled out??

Also remember Mr. Ames turned down the treatment at first.....right???

i think its luka's case because he was the initial doc treating him, so he's the doctor of record.

and i'm not recalling what he refused treatment for the first nite?