Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

ER

I don't know about you, but I really wish one of these rare "special appearances" by Noah Wyle would involve Carter actually showing up at County General rather than just these far-away places. I'd be satisfied with even one Chicago visit, like the recent episode where Sharif Atkins briefly appeared in town. Well, I guess a Sudanese desert-based Carter is better than no Carter at all, eh? I did enjoy seeing him do scenes with Mary McCormack and Eamonn Walker. How horrible for that Lwendo guy to abandon his wife after he found out she was raped. Speaking of Eamonn, I love seeing yet another former Oz cast member get work. I keep waiting for Harold Perrineau and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to walk by each other on Lost and do a "Where have I seen you before?" double take. Back to ER, I expected Clemente to be much more overjoyed when Jodie came out of her coma. I was like "wake up!"

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ER

I was really looking forward to the episode originally scheduled for tonight

• 2 weeks later...

ER

Last week I stressed how excited I was that Laura Innes was finally in the forefront

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

02/26 - Episode 12.21 - The Gallant Hero & The Tragic Victor: The episode starts in Iraq where we meet Gallant riding in a Humvee. The vehicule in front of the Humvee stops. Shots and chaos follow. Gallant grabs his medkit and attends to the wounded. One of the soldiers is badly hurt. Gallant decides to not wait for the helicopter who was called to the scene. With the help of the others on the scene, the wounded soldier is lifted in a truck so that he can be transported to a nearby Aid Station. During transport, Gallant continues treating the soldier until... In Chicago, two young brothers are brought in the ER: one is unconscious, the other suffers from face and chest trauma. Abby treats an assault victim. Neela gets an unpleasant visit that will make her world spin. Clemente undergoes a psych evaluation. Frank, Morris, Ray, Pratt, Sam, Kovac, Jane, Pickman, and Morales appear.

03/13 - Episode 12.22 - Twenty One Guns: Doctors treat 9-year-old Timmy who has a stomach ache after he ate too much at his school's spring pageant buffet. Staff record farewell messages for Dr. Morris. Rafe, an inmate who comes into the ER after a fist fight in prison, made plans with Sam's ex-husband Steve to escape prison-life by being sent to the ER and escaping from there. Steve is brought to the ER as well. Part of the escape plan is Mary, a woman who comes to the ER because she is training to be an emergency medical technican. All hell breaks loose when the escape attempt begins.

ER

Laura Innes sure does a fine job directing, as she did tonight, but I sure do wish she'd get back on screen. OK, enough whining. Glad they had Neela say goodbye to Ray as a roommate, especially since her in-laws came to town. What bad timing on Ray's part: Now was not the time to be thinking of getting it on with his roomie. 'Twas very classy of him to say to her "You're the best friend I ever had" right before she drove away in the cab. Great scene between Parminder Nagra and guest star Sheryl Lee Ralph (Moesha's step-mama needs to do more TV dramas)

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

03/27 - Episode 12.23

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE THE WATERCOOLER

ER

By Dave Anderson

April 6, 2006: Blame It on the Rain (repeat)

I remember when I watched this the first time and was reminded just how much I can

• 2 weeks later...

ER

by Dave Anderson

April 27, 2006: No Place to Hide

It seems like ages ago that NBC aired a new one of these, so it was nice to not have to sit through yet another repeat. Last time there was a Noah Wyle-on-location-in-Africa episode, they went back and forth between County General and Africa scenes. This time, I found it strange that they split up the two half hours

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

04/28 - Episode 12.20 - There Are No Angels Here [Airing May 4]: Dr. Pratt settles into his new job in Darfur but is troubled by astounding number of people needing care. A sheik and his pregnant wife come into Ramalah Camp looking for treatment. Carter and Dakarai (Eamonn Walker) work on fixing the man's gunshot wound, but they are quickly interrupted by government officials trying to arrest the man. As Carter works on delivering the wife's baby, it is apparent that the mother is suffering from delivery complications. Pratt and Dakarai are forced to make journey at night to a hospital in El Fashir at the risk of getting stopped by the Janjaweed millitant group. Meanwhile, Debbie (Mary McCormack) tries to convince Dr. Dakarai to seek proper treatment for his medical condition. Source: NBC

Well, that was smart. I sat down to enjoy an eppy of ER with some of my newly baked sweet potato pie. First part, someone puking so I waited. Second half, someone bleeding. So I put the pie back. What did I expect, it is ER. :rolleyes:

Nice to see Carter.

Must-Move "ER"?

by Joal Ryan

031746.jpg

Anthony Edwards, George Clooney,

Noah Wyle and Eriq La Salle

Like a granny leaving her longtime home for a less taxing condo, ER may soon be vacate its longtime TV home for a less showy night of the week. The aged medical drama could be moved from Thursday to Tuesday or Wednesday next fall to make way for the new Matthew Perry series, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, the Hollywood Reporter said.

NBC will make the call when it unveils its 2006-07 lineup on Monday. ER has aired on Thursdays at 10 p.m. since its September 1994 debut. In its and its network heyday, it was the star of Must-See TV, averaging as many as 30 million viewers a season.

This season, ER is averaging 12.1 million for the now struggling NBC, all in all, not bad for a show that's lost more stars (George Clooney, Anthony Edwards, Julianna Margulies, etc.) than some shows ever had.

But these days, ER is so not appointment TV that not even a guest spot by the returning Noah Wyle rates much interest. The second half of a Wyle story line set in war-torn Darfur ranked a so-so 27th (11.8 million viewers) in the latest Nielsen Media Research rankings. By comparison, CBS' Without a Trace, the new king of 10 p.m. Thursday, ranked eighth (19.1 million) for the TV week ended Sunday.

ER, which has already been renewed for next season, turns 13 seasons old in the fall.

ER

by Dave Anderson

May 11, 2006: The Gallant Hero and the Tragic Victor

No wonder they told us not to be late in the promos

Anyone watch the season finale. That ER was the best ER I've seen in a long time. Was the best season finale I have seen in a long time. What a cliff hanger? Does everyone survive, does anyone die? What about Abby's baby? And does someone find Kovac? OMG! ANd we have to wait till September (only, i hope). The baby better be ok, cause I love seeing Abby and Kovac together. They are great together, and they are so happy about the baby. If it doesn't make it, I'll cry! What a show? My husband could hear me making little, Ahh, and eek sort of noises. It was so good!!!

ER

May 18, 2006: 21 Guns

After watching the extremely well-done series finale of Will & Grace (where I kept going back and forth from laughing to crying), I was ready for the action-packed season finale of ER, especially after they made an ER reference in the last five minutes. Since it took place 20 years into the future, Will said to Grace: "I'm so glad George Clooney came back to ER!". So, unlike last week, I'm glad none of the ER regulars or semiregulars died. Well, at least that's what we can assume. After the big shootout, I expected at least one major character death. Can we say "cliff-hanger"? What an awesome ending, with Abby passing out right outside the room where Luka was gasping for air and unable to make a noise to alert the woman he half-assed proposed to. And poor Jerry (the underrated and underused Abraham Benrubi) got shot. ("Getting shot sucks!") It always gets to me when I see the characters try to revive one of their own (Grey's Anatomy certainly comes to mind.) I thought it was a very clever twist having Sam's ex, Steve (Garret Dillahunt), be involved with the whole prisoner-escape-plan scam. Let me say that I did not see it coming to have that Mary Warner character be part of the scam. Mary was played by the very effective Natasha Gregson Wagner (daughter of Natalie Wood and adopted stepdaughter of Robert Wagner). And if the main escaped-inmate psycho dude (Michael Weston) looked familiar, it's because he played an even more psychotic character on Six Feet Under (he was the guy who abducted, brutally tortured and almost killed Michael C. Hall's David). Back in Neela's world, I was glad Pratt was able to convince her to go to Gallant's service. Loved her speech to Gallant's father (Ernie Hudson) and I was happy to see the fabulous Sheryl Lee Ralph back as Gallant's mama. Neela's flashbacks were a very classy tribute to both the Gallant character and the first-rate work of Sharif Atkins. So are we getting our wish to have the annoying Morris leave the show? Don

• 2 months later...

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Renewed through 2007-08. Airing Thursdays at 10 p.m. The show will keep its timeslot for the first half of next season. Then, it will go in a hiatus and come back later in the Spring.

03/27 - Episode 13.01

• 1 month later...

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

08/23 - Episode 13.0? - Parenthood: To Gates displeasure, Pratt orders him to finish treating his current patients instead of assisting on patient with chainsaw injuries. Crenshaw orders Katey, a new medical student, to shadow Neela. Abby is enjoying time at the park with baby Joe. Morris attends a kids soccer game where Max, one of his kids plays. A father attending the game doesn't like Morris at all and thinks he is a bad example for kids. We meet Adelle and Brinn, Max

Please, please tell me that Abby doesn't die.... :(

Speaking of Jerry, I was trying to remember if he's been a character on the show since the beginning (George Clooney & Co.)....anybody know?

Thanks, Jinx! :)

I know what you mean........that was on of their best season premiere openers.

Im glad they threw a bit of humor in there when Abby and Kovac were talking about baby names....I like Mongo :D