Courtesy of: NBC, ER

Season 12 Episode 2T6056

DREAM HOUSE 9:59/8:59pm 11/03/05

THERE IS NO BUSINESS LIKE MONKEY BUSINESS IN THE ER-Clemente (John Leguizamo), Abby (Maura Tierney) and Neela (Parminder Nagra) secretly care for a VIP patient while Dubenko (Leland Orser) tortures the staff via a robotic television camera from home. Sam (Linda Cardellini) is coerced into a management role and is given a dreadful task. Meanwhile, Pratt is visited by his half-brother, and emotions from the past remind him of his father

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

ER

This show never ceases to amaze me with its intensity, yet it's always able to make me laugh. Like tonight, I was so rooting for Danny Glover's character, Charles, and I wanted Pratt to finally forgive him. Especially after Pratt read the old letters his estranged father sent to his mother. But Pratt did have a valid point when he asked Charles why he hadn't tried to track him down after his mom died. Mekhi Phifer does such a phenomenal job, especially opposite Glover. (Phifer, by the way, gets to show off his funny side with his recurring role on Curb Your Enthusiasm.) As for tonight's laughs, Parminder Nagra gets funnier every week as Neela. Hearing her tell Ray that his girlfriend not only had an STD but was also only 14 just killed me. "She was born in 1990

ER

First things first. Why all the hype about John Stamos? He was hardly featured this week or last and that's it

• 3 weeks later...

ER

First, I must say I thought it was cool that Gallant and Neela got married by Jerry via his Universal Life Church minister's license. My brother Mike, inspired by Joey Tribbiani, got a minister's license off the Internet and married my brother Steve and his wife Vicki. I sang at the wedding, but it wasn't "Copa Cabana," it was Andy Gibb's "I Just Want to Be Your Everything." Totally true

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

News Flash: ER's Jack Carter Isn't Dead

by Matt Webb Mitovich

It's December, so it's time for another heartwarming Christmas episode of NBC's ER (Thursdays at 10 pm/ET). This year's yuletide guest star is Jack Carter, whom you undoubtedly recognize from his myriad film, TV and stage roles. TVGuide.com was more than happy to talk up the veteran actor about his ER visit, his feud with Woody Allen and those exaggerated rumors of his death.

TVGuide.com: I take it you're this year's "a very special ER Christmas" guest star?

Jack Carter: It's funny, I was talking to [screenwriter] Larry Gelbart the other day. I said, "I just did ER and a couple of weeks ago I did CSI." He said, "Oh, you only do initials?" [Laughs] He's so fast, you know. But yeah, I've got a really great role

ER

Ding dong, the witch is dead. Well, not dead, just fired. What a way for Eve to go

Art, I think you might be confused. Carter is gone (I think he went to Africa to be with his wife). Abby has been doing the deed with the hunky Luka Kovach. Yum! BTW- for those who might not have watched the show for several years, Luka and Abby do have a history. Didn't work out the first time, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for this time.

Thank you I meant Luka lol lol :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

ER

(NBC) Updated on December 31

Renewed through 2007-08. Airing Thursdays at 10 p.m.

• 11/15 - Episode 12.11 - If Not Now [Airing January 5]: Abby and Kovac support one another when their relationship gets more complicated. This episode will feature flashbacks of Christmas Day and New Year's Eve between the two of them. Sam treats a fifteen-year-old girl with headache, backache and shoulder pain. Let's say a kid her age is not ready to handle what she is really "suffering" from. Weaver falls when in the Ambulance Bay and is brought in the ER on a gurney by Neela. Pratt and Abby take care of Ted, a young man in a chronic vegetative state. The man is quite messed up and hasn't been able to follow commands such as opening his eyes. Ray, Malik, and Clemente handle a 40-year-old who has been stabbed. The new surgery chief resident is named Albright and helps Clemente on his case. Two detectives stop by the ER and want to talk to Clemente about his past from back East. Marquez, Pratt, Morris, Morales, and Coburn also appear in the episode.
  • 11/24 - Episode 12.12 - Split Decisions [Airing January 12]: Weaver's limp is more noticeable than usual. Neela takes care of 8-year-old Harrison who is freaking out as his face is red and his eyes and nose are running profusely. Zoe comes to the ER claiming she fell and got hurt when trying to catch the bus. Ray doesn't seem pleased. He asks Inez to call Zoe's father but the teen doesn't want to claiming that in fact her father is the one that hurt her. Morris takes care of a little girl who got injured while doing gymnastics. Dubenko acts as attending in the ER and will soon be overwhelmed. He treats a woman who has been in a coma for about three years after a subarachnoid hemmorhage (bleeding into the brain from an aneurysm). Her husband is not ready to let go (they've been married for over 50 years) but what will happen when it will become too costly to keep her alive? Clemente is nowhere to be found. Abby and Kovak continue to plan their future. Gallant and Neela drop by another hospital where he sees a friend of his from the war. Gallant tells something to Neela that will her world spin. Zoe's father, Pratt, KJ, Sam, and Jerry also appear.
  • 12/09 - Episode 12.13 - Darfur: This episode marks the return of Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle signed a contract to appear in about four episodes this season) who is still practicing medicine in Africa. It seems that we will see him in Africa as he treats a wife who has been raped (doesn't seem to be by her husband). In Chicago, Clemente is at the Police Station where he is interrogated by officers. It seems that they think he shot a woman. The ER staff is concerned about Clemente since even if he is an excellent doctor, he is also a loose cannon. When Clemente is back in the hospital, Kovac doesn't want to let him work. A 14-year-old girl is brought in after she was hit by a car. Darnell, Albright, Neela, Frank, Abby, Weaver, Morris, Sam, Pratt, Marquez, and Malik also appear.
  • 12/19 - Episode 12.14 - Body & Soul: Part of this episode will feature flashbacks of previous years to tell the story of a man named Nate Lennox. Nate, who is a doctor, has speech problems. He'll also be in a wheelchair for at least part of the episode. We will see him in the ER at various times and witness the change in his health. Neela, Ray, Haleh, Sam, Abby, Pratt, Dubenko, Malik, Anspaugh, Kovac, Jarvik will be in this episode. Chen and Romano will be mentioned but it doesn't seem they will appear.
  • 12/31 - Episode 12.15 - A Change Is Gonna Come: Ray treats a man who's been beaten up by kids. Doctor and patient bond when they notice they have music in common. Jodie and Clemente go grocery shopping and start kissing while in the store. Later in the episode, Jodie is rushed to the ER after getting shot. Clemente is reacting quite badly and gets in everyone's way. Cops are in the ER and, as expected, Clemente is a suspect. Pratt takes back in an eligible bachelor fund-raising auction where people can bid to have dinner with him. Carter will be in this episode. He is still in Darfur. Morris, Haleh, Weaver, Dubenko, Neela, Albright, Abby, Marquez, Sam, and Kovac also appear.

Courtey of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

ER

I love Maura Tierney! What an awesome episode for her. She says so much with just one look. And who knew Abby and Luka would make such a nice couple? Luka was being the epitome of the perfectly understanding and supportive boyfriend

ER

I can just hear the melodramatic NBC promo now: "When choosing between Iraq and a hard place, Gallant chooses to return to Iraq...." Just kidding

ER

This repeat of the season premiere made me recall three distinctive things:

1) It was the first episode without Noah Wyle in the opening credits, and I remember not missing him that horribly, only because they had been downplaying Carter's importance and not featuring him as much as they usually did towards the end of last season.

2) It was the first episode with Dominic Janes as the new Alex (Sam's son). I found out literally the night after I wrote about Oliver Davis being replaced in the role exactly why it was done: Per ER's former casting director Sara Isaacson, they loved Oliver, but they got tired of working around his Rodney schedule, so they recast him. Poof! New Alex.

3) This was Linda Cardellini's best episode this season. She did such a phenomenal job, especially when Sam finally found the missing Alex. But that's not saying much since they've turned Linda's Sam into what I like to call a "coffee-cup character"

ER

I remember this episode as the one where Luka and Abby started to spend more screen time together, and I recall being very happy about it. Little did we know at the time that they'd be getting back together soon and were on the verge of having a baby together. I also remember that I was glad to see Amy Aquino back on the show. She's one of those actresses who, no matter what part she plays, pretty much always plays the same type of character. We let it slide each time, however, since Amy is just so good at playing a tough cookie. Remember her as the nemesis to Ray Romano in several episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond? Boy did Ray hate her, which just made me love to hate her. Anyway, I hope we get to see more of Amy, along with more of Danny Glover as Pratt's father. Same goes for the hardly seen-this-season Laura Innes, who directed tonight's show. The biggest thing that stuck in my head was how horribly depressing it was. You couldn't get much sadder than an injured surrogate mother who gave birth to a baby with toxic brain defects, causing the new parents not to want it anymore. Oh, how I loved Shane West in this episode. His face said it all when the mother and father left the baby behind. Once and Again he impresses me. And how could I not mention that that kid called Abby a MILF? "But I'm not a mother." That was then, this is now.

ER

Ray Liotta did it last season, and so did Cynthia Nixon: When they guest-starred on ER, the entire hour revolved around their characters. Ray won an Emmy for his brilliant portrayal, and Cynthia should've been at least nominated, but wasn't. James Woods continued this tradition and was just as awesome as ALS patient Dr. Nate Lennox. I loved how the flashbacks kept going further and further back in time, so we could see the gradual deterioration of his character, but what made it even more interesting was seeing the various ER characters as they dealt with him throughout the years. Just because I was naturally curious, I checked my ER records and yes, Goran Visnjic was indeed on the show back in 2001 (he's been on since 1999, my, how time has flown). I already knew the wonderful Maura Tierney had been on since 2000 and Mekhi Phifer since 2002. I was impressed how they adjusted their hairstyles throughout the years. One thing that disappointed me was that Paul McCrane's Romano character was referred to once in a flashback scene, but he didn't appear. It's not like he wasn't available

ER

Poor Clemente. It was good that we got to see the scene where Callie Thorne's Jodie got shot by her soon-to-be-ex husband. Otherwise, I'd have been just as skeptical as Luka and the others and would've suspected the mysterious Clemente of foul play, mainly because we really don't know much about him. But now we know he really does love Jodie. Speaking of which, how about that hint of NYPD Blue-type nudity at the top of the show? We don't normally see a bit of butt crack on ER, but they've got to lure those viewers away from CBS somehow. You know I was saying "It's about time!" when Luka finally told Sam about him and Abby, but let's talk about how Sam went from "Oh, yes

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

01/12 - Episode 12.16 - Out On A Limb: A man named Richard Elliot is brought to the ER by his driver after he passes out in the back seat of his car. It turns out that Richard has a disease that makes it difficult for his body to produce new red blood cells. He is highly impressed by how Sam treats him. So impressed that he will offer her a job as his personnal nurse! Not only that, he offers to have her and Alex move into his mansion. Will she accept? A young woman comes in after a car crash but it is found that her symptoms were not caused by it. A few drunk college jocks are treated after things heated up in a bar. Weaver is having serious doubts about her hip surgery. During a meeting of a military spouses' clue, Neela and the rest of the club members discuss the politics of war. Abby treats Arthur, a 40-year-old gay man, who supposedly tripped and fell in a coffee shop while trying to discipline some children.

02/08 - Episode 12.17 - Pratt Goes To Africa: While in a plane heading to Khartoum, Pratt gets better acquainted with Fatima, an attractive African-American woman sitting next to him. Fatima works for the Ministry of Education in Khartoum. Pratt explains to her that he is going to Darfur to work in the refugee camp where Carter works so he can try something different, something new. Even thought Pratt somewhat knows what he's getting into, Fatima tells him more about Darfur and the way of life. It won't be a vacation for Pratt. [Note: It is possible this episode airs at a later date.]

02/10 - Episode 12.18 - Lost In America: Abby and Kovac discuss baptism. Clemente undergoes a drug test. After it, he goes back to work in the ER. Sam and Ray treat a man who comes in the ER claiming he just committed suicide! Neela must give a speech on Medicine at a conference held in a hotel; Dubenko accompanies her for support. He would like her to become a surgical resident. She is hesitant because her life is chaotic: Gallant is in Iraq and she lives with Ray again. Morris, Haleh, Marquez and Frank also appear. [Note: It is possible this episode airs at an earlier date.]

SPOIELER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

02/15 - Episode 12.19 - Strange Bedfellows: Neela, not happy with her living arrangements anymore, starts looking for a new place to stay. Gallants parents drop by to see Neela. Car crash patients are brought in the ER. Mr. Gallant, who is a colonel, observes Neela while she works. Talking with Mr. Gallant about the life of an officer, opens Neela's eyes to what her life can become. Sam, who has accepted Richard Elliot's offer in episode "Out On A Limb," finds a pale and weak Elliot when she arrives at the mansion. The man doesn't want any treatment since he as about 20 guests over. Pratt, Ray, Abby, Malik, Obes, Morris, Jerry and Kovac also appear. [Note: It is possible this episode airs at an earlier date.]

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Anything new on ER?

02/22 - Episode 12.20 - No Place to Hide: An on-edge Clemente takes care of 45-year-old and mild-mannered man named Ottley who complains when it's Clemente and not Pratt who deals with him. After dealing with the patient, Clemente asks Jerry if there are anymore patients. It is then, that Clemente is reminded his shift ended two hours prior. As he walks home, Clemente notices someone is following him. He hides, pops up behind the man, and shoves him back to realize that it's Ottley... Neela moved in Abby's apartment. Abby wonders if she officially moved in with Kovac or not. A 43-year-old named RainyDay is brought in after she fell from a second story window while cleaning it. Morris announces that he got a job at a pharmaceuticals company and will start working there on July 1st. Will he work both there and at the hospital? Abby takes care of a 12-year-old named Ruthie who complains of tenderness over her sternum. Ruthie's farting dog came along for the ride. Her grandmother, who is her legal guardian, comes to the ER to check on Ruthie. Abby checks the grandmother's cough as she has been coughing for a few years now. As she chats with the her, Abby comes to the conclusion that she is not fit to take care of Ruthie. Kovac must deal with a inmate who is brought in when the jail's doctor suspects appendicitis. The inmate? Steve Curtis, Sam's ex! Weaver has her last physical therapy session. Sam, Frank, Albright, Dumar, Ray, Haleh, Marquez, Pickman, and Jane, also appear.