Top 8 Results

Fuskie

This week the top 8 girls and guys tried to figure out what the judges wanted. They performed and you voted. They all want to be in the Top 12. What did you decide? This is American Idol!

Tonight we will find out who is in this season's top 12, but the downside is that we will say goodbye to four more contestants. But first, say hi to our Judges, Randy, Ellen, Kara and Simon. Simon, you were really great last night. Simon agrees.

We have lots ahead but on stage right now with Michael Buble's Haven't Met You Yet is your Top 16 with tonight's Group Song!

Tonight the results are in, who gets a spot in the top 12. Breaking news, by the way, the first theme on the big stage will be The Rolling Stones. Now, to the serious business. Twelve empty stools. We have to fill those up tonight, starting with the ladies. Dim the lights and here we go.

Didi Benami, join me on the stage please. You sang Rhiannon, by Fleetwood Mac. After the nationwide vote, you have made it into the top twelve. You've done it, babe, get down there.

Siobhan Magnus, come on down here. How's your gut this evening? OK. You sang The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals. After the nationwide vote, Siobhan, congratulations, you have made it into the top twelve.

Paige, Katelyn, both of you come down here. Paige Miles and Katelyn Epperly, ladies & gentlemen. One of you is through and I am sorry to say the other is going home. Paige, you sang Smile by Charlie Chaplin. Katelyn, you sang I Feel The Earth Move by Carole King. Simon, which of these ladies have the most potential in the competition? Three weeks ago I would have said Paige but Katelyn, you have only had one good week. I would have to say Page.

After the nationwide vote, Paige, you are through. Katelyn, you are going home. Katelynsays she has learned how to push forward for what she wants as she reprises her final Idol performance.

We have lost Katelyn tonight but Paige, Didi and Siobhan are in the top 12. Which of the guys will be joining them? Tim, Casey, Todrick and Lee, please join me on the stage.

Tim, you sang Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. Hang tight. Todrick, you sang Somebody To Love by Queen. Lee, you sang Fireflies by Owl City. And Casey, you sang You'll Think Of Me by Keith Ubrban.

Casey, after the nationwide vote, we are going to put you in a stool, you are safe. Congratulations, you have made it.

Tim, back to you. Go join Casey, congratulations, you are in the top twelve.

OK, Todrick and Lee. Randy, do both of these guys deserve a stool, a spot in the top 12? Yeah, definitely Lee's been really consistent. Todrick did come back last night, though.

Todrick, Lee, one of you is not going to make it. I can tell you that the one who is going through is Lee. Let's hear it for Todrick, everyone. Todrick says its been an awesome experience and he came here to prove he is not just a dancer but can sing and he has done that. He then reprises his final performance, which fell flat on ears.

Six are through to the top twelve, but four guys and four girls are still in the dark. Find out their fate coming up!

It is a very busy evening as we build your top 12. Every person sitting on a stool down there has earned their spot, but they are sweating it out in the Red Room. But before ease their minds, we have a special duet, a pair of piano men from last season. Singing Billy Joel's Tell Her About are Matt Giraud and Scott MacIntyre!

Scott has a new album out called Heartstrings, all original music. Matt has a #1 single, a duet with Anna Wilson and is recording a new album. After a quick break, only six spots in the top 12 remain. More results, next.

Our top 12 is still being built. Of these 8 faces, only six will make it over to the stools. Let's dim the lights and get to it.

Crystal Bowersox, please stand up. You sang Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman. After the nationwide vote, congratulations, you have made it into the top 12. Go take your seat.

All right, another seat filled. Michael Lynce, would you stand up, sir. You want to do it center stage? I can do it there, its the same either way. Big Mike, you sang This Woman's Work by Katie Bush. How badly do you want this? It is everything, I have a lot riding on it. Do you think you can fit on one stool? Yeah, man! Go check it out, you're through! Congratulations, Mike.

OK, Lacey Brown, would you please stand up. You sang The Story by Brandy Carlile. Come down here for a second. Congratulations, you have made it into the top twelve.

Aaron Kelley, pop up, buddy. He has a look of fear as he comes down to Ryan. He says he if he stays he will work on being more confident and less intimidated by the judges. You will have time to work on it, Aaron, you are through.

We have three more stools and this is where it gets tough. Alex, and Andrew, come down here.

Alex, you sang Trouble by Ray LaMontagne. Andrew, you sang Genie In a Bottle by Christina Aguilera. Simon, do you think Andrew peaked too soon? Arguably, yes. After the nationwide vote, the last spot for the guys goes to Andrew Garcia. Alex whispers he knew it to Andrew as he gives a parting hug. Alex says he had a lot of fun and learned a lot of stuff but there is a lot that America didn't get to see yet and a lot he still has to do. He is just sorry he didn't have the confidence to show everyone. Ellen tells him he is so good and with experience he will do great as Alex reprises his prophetic performance.

Which brings us down to Katie Stevens and Lilly Scott. Which one of them will take the final spot in the top twelve? Find out after this message.

OK, we are back live and you could hear a pin drop during that commercial break as Alex leaves the stage after hugging it out. We are down to Katie and Lillie.

Katie, you sang Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. Lilly, you sang I Fall To Pieces by Patsy Cline. Kara, you have championed these ladies. How do you feel with these two ladies and only one stool left? Kara said it is an interesting pair, so different.

After the nationwide vote, the final seat in our Top Twelve belongs to Katie!

We say goodbye tonight to Lillie Scott. Lilly Scott, America. Lilly says she thought she did well and was appealing to people. She put her heart into every performance but doesn't know what America wants to hear. She assures us that there is a market out there for her. And then she goes out and proves it by not falling to pieces as she reprises her final performance.

Let's bring up the others as we look at the journeys of our four departing contestants. Ladies and gentlemen, here are your top 12!

Fuskie

Who thinks America got it very wrong with Lilly Scott...

:)

got both guys that left correct toddrick and alex

alex really needed to be light out on last performance to get spot in final 12. he was ok but i guess not good enough to win over viewers

on girls only got katelyn the judges comment doomed her. i went out on a drunken limb and picked siobhan as second girl i thought would leave lol

for me paige and aaron staying werent much of a surprised. aaron is a country boy and they support their own. paige only african american girl left . there has never been a top 12 or top 10 without at least one african american girl on idol stage

lacey appeals for whatever reason to those who like classic music is my guess

so overall results show us teenies are voting in boatloads

lilly leaving is a big shocker for me. she had pimp spot . reminds me of girl last season who left just before top ten got underway. she was a favorite to go all the way. i was never a lilly fan but her leaving still surprised me

i thought both lilly and katie would be safe

I didn't get any of 'em right.

I was bummed that Alex didn't get to stay a bit longer... even though I knew he wasn't going to win AI.

Disappointed that Toddrick didn't get more support from judges... which is why America didn't vote for him, imo.

Katelyn deserves to be there more than a few of the others, imo.

My 8 year old's favorite guy since week 1 was Toddrick so, she cried... awww :(

Disappointed that Toddrick didn't get more support from judges... which is why America didn't vote for him, imo.

that incident with kids money i think doom them giving him a fair shake

plus the fact in back to back weeks his song choice was songs written for two very popular female vocalist one of which won american idol

he of them all is only one that i think actually tries to deliver a true performance on stage

sorta like a weaker version of adam but a performer nonetheless

you can tell he put thoughts into his performance to work the stage

I am dumbfounded at tonights results at least for the girls, I do not think at all that Lilli should have gone, and even tho Katy has a nice voice, it is ridiculous that she stayed over Lilli, just shocked. I thought Lilli would be there with Crystal and Shiobhan, and I certainly think that Katelyn deserved to stay over Paige. Even tho I did not like Katelyns performance on the Carole King song, I think overall Paige has had a far worse showing. This sorta left me like the night that they cut Jennifer Hudson, I was like Wha??? and I feel the same way tonight, scares me now for my 2 favs Crystal and Shiobhan, because you know how the teenies will vote, I'm Skeered,lol

Now the guys, I think they got it right and really I am not crazy bout any of them, so we shall see, I think it will be a girls American Idol title this year. I really am dissapointed in tonights results.

I was surprised and disappointed at all four who went home. :disappointed: I really wanted to see if Alex could improve somemore and was especially hoping that he'd get the chance.

I was surprised and disappointed at all four who went home. :disappointed: I really wanted to see if Alex could improve somemore and was especially hoping that he'd get the chance.

Let me say that I loved this guy Alexes voice, I just felt so bad for him cause he could not get over his nervousness, you could see it on his face last night that it really bothered him to get cut before he could come out of his shell. it was sad.

And next week is The Rolling Stones week. Hmm, methinks Tim, Katie, Paige and Aaron are in trouble. It may end up being known as train wreck week.

And next week is The Rolling Stones week. Hmm, methinks Tim, Katie, Paige and Aaron are in trouble. It may end up being known as train wreck week.

it could have been any theme and i would have thought they were in trouble

they are clearly the bottom feeders of the competition

I was pretty surprised by the results last night. (But I'm horrible at predicting. lol) I thought for sure Lily and Alex would make it through! I knew Todrick would probably go and I knew Katelyn would be in trouble but I never really thought she'd go home. I do like Katie, so I'm not too upset that she stayed, I just feel like Lily really knew who she was as an artist and Katie clearly doesn't. I really hope Tim and Paige get the boot soon, I am really hating Vote For The Worst right now. lol

I'm curious to see how everyone will do with the Rolling Stones next week - it should be interesting!