Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya

Evan.jpg

Evan Lysacek

Pro Partner: Anna Trebunskaya

Fresh from the ice in Vancouver, will this skating star be displaying a shiny new mirror ball trophy next to his gold medal?

Olympic Gold Medal Winner and World Figure Skating Champion Evan Lysacek has been hitting the ice since the age of 8. That

Never heard of him... I sensing a theme here. :lol:

If you follow Figure Skating, Evan is a star but I'm wondering about the World Figure Skating Championships on March 20-29 in Turin, Italy. He WAS the United States best chance for a medal.

I just got this from Wikipedia:

He had originally been named to the team for the 2010 World Figure Skating Championships.

He withdrew from the World Team following his win at the Olympics.

I'm sort of ticked off he won't face Russia's Evgeni Plushenko for another showdown and even more upset our strongest male skater weakens our World Team by not competing at Worlds . . . this year AND next . . . (see below)

More from Wikipedia:

Skaters qualify for the World Championships by belonging to a member nation of the ISU. Each country gets one entry in every discipline by default. The most entries a country can have in a single discipline is three. Countries earn a second or third entry for the following year's competition by earning points through skater placement. The points are equal to the sum of the placements of the country's skaters (top two if they have three). Entries do not carry over and so countries must continue to earn their second or third spot every year. If a country only has one skater/team, that skater/team must place in the top ten to earn a second entry and in the top two to earn three entries to next year's championships. If a country has two skaters/teams, the combined placement of those teams must be 13 or fewer to qualify 3 entries, and 28 or fewer to keep their two entries. If they do not do so, they only have one entry for the following year.

SkaterEntries_Orig.jpg

2010 World Figure Skating Championships Qualified Skaters

QualifiedSkaters.jpg

Right now, the United States and Japan are the only countries with 3 male entries. If we weaken the team, we might face only 2 men competing next year. I think he should have competed this year at the 2010 World Figure Skating Championships and join "Dancing With the Stars" for the next season. What's the rush? The money?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see him go to World's, too, but I understand him withdrawing. Evan is not a prodigy like Johnny Weir. He won by being the hardest worker out there, and working the points system. Winning Worlds and Olympic Gold back to back is a big achievement. It's hard to sustain that level continuously. He was under a lot of pressure; and although he says he may wanted to compete again, I think he really needed a break. Of course it's the money, too! He'll make big bucks from stars on ice.

I really hope we retain 3 spots. I think we will. Rippon is brilliant and the international judges love him. Ryan Bradley is usually solid, and Jeremy Abbott, if he can beat his Jeremy Abbott demons, can win the thing! He's the complete package when he's on.

I hope between Mirai and Rachel and Denney/Barret and Evora/Ladwig, we can get our ladies and pairs 3rd spots back, too.

shoe in for finals

you know my stance on olympics athletes such as skaters , gymnast being allowed on dancing with stars

should be clear front runner to win it all

i thought he would be better . but not bad but i expected more solid 8

8 looks to be having fun

still not as crisp as i thought he would be

maybe i had too of high expectations for him since he is mr. gold medalist

He even made long gangling arms/legs look good.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ALL THINGS DANCING WITH THE STARS

Evan Lysacek Has Two Broken Toes; Will He Still Go Dancing?

Apr 2, 2010 02:26 PM ET by Joyce Eng

Evan Lysacek is nursing two broken toes, but still plans to perform on Dancing with the Stars next week.

"I have two broken toes. Ouch!!" the Olympic gold medalist tweeted Friday.

The injury is not expected to take him out of Monday's show, his rep told TVGuide.com, adding that Lysacek has been rehearsing his quickstep the whole week while on tour with Stars on Ice (he made his debut Thursday).

Working through pain is nothing new for Lysacek: The figure skater won the world championships last year with a stress fracture in his foot.

Lysacek, 24, and his partner, Anna Trebunskaya, earned a 24 for their jive on Monday

Could be the broken toes but, I'm not impressed with the dancing skills he's shown. Better than all the other guys though.

^ Totally agree.

I am beginning to wonder why they use contemporary music for the latin dances. I think it is a mistake. A good, latin beat makes anyone want to move. Not necessarily so when it is arranged to a tune totally not there.

Can't blame the teams for that, since they get "assigned" their music for the week. I think it is dumb to use the contemporary songs in the latin dances too - it just seems "off".

3rd best male dancer DWTS has had, imo... Drew Lachey and Mario still my fav's though!!!