Episode 6.16: What They Died For

kayo

The title of episode 16 is "What They Died For"

:confused::unsure:

• 2 months later...

I viewed this episode at the LOST Final Celebration at UCLA this past weekend, and it was a great episode!

I won't tell everything but I will give a few spoiler tidbits:

1. You will finally learn which candidate takes Jacob's place...and more than just Hurley will be able to see Jacob.

2. The beginning of the show brought the biggest laughs and gasps out of the audience- I won't spoil it anymore other than to say it is absolutely perfect!

3. 3 more (non-extra) deaths will occur during the episode- one death made people clap (good thing that actress wasn't there for the show that night!) Ben kills someone, and the third death is the hardest one to take and is sudden, swift and very sad (for me, at least).

4. Things are proceeding at a faster pace in the alt universe...and Desmond figures heavily into it!

5. John Locke changes his mind and "lets go" about something.

ENJOY!~

Are you sure that the Lost writers didn't make that list kayo??? :lol:

Absolutely! :laugh4: I thought about writing a whole synopsis of the episode but decided that that would be too much info and I don't believe in complete and total spoilers, so...

ok, one more thing- Desmond & Kate and Sayid & Hurley pair up...ok, I'm done now!

Ooo I like that last "spoiler"... great teaser kayo!

Ok, I screwed up regarding the beginning of the show. I thought I remembered the show beginning with Desmond in the parking lot and you think he's going to run over Locke again, but that wasn't until about 10 min into the show. I must've been too star-struck, so sorry! Anyway, when that scene came on the screen, there was a huge collective gasp and several "no way!"s from the entire audience and then everyone laughed. It was so funny that we all reacted the same way!

Regarding 2 of the deaths I mentioned: When Zoe had her throat slit by Flocke several people actually clapped. I guess she is not a fan favorite! I've never been crazy about her and didn't understand the purpose of her character but I didn't even think about clapping.

Richard- we still have been discussing whether Richard is actually dead since he was supposed to have the "gift" of eternal life given to him by Jacob. Some say that gift is gone because Jacob is dead and some say it shouldn't be a factor. The person next to me asked Nestor if Richard was really dead and he said "what do you think?" and then just smiled. After that everything was a blur... :smitten: Either way, I wasn't too happy to see Smokey send him flying.

Jack taking over for Jacob came as no surprise to just about anyone but I still felt a hint of sadness for him-like he is giving his life away. That, and it pretty much seals any hope for a love re-connection with Kate. But it fits perfectly with Jack's character. The man who always has a need to fix things has now finally found his true calling. Save the island save the world. Oh no, wait, that's another show-and a cancelled one at that.

So Miles is wandering the jungle by himself now...does that mean that he is going to run into more dead people? Or possibly...Desmond? What exactly is Miles purpose at this point? :animated_scratchchin:

I am thinking that Widmore whispered bogus intel to Flocke, and the plan actually is for Flocke to find Desmond. Remember Widmore told Desmond that he'd have to make a "sacrifice" and we have yet to learn what that sacrifice is.

So Locke wants to destroy the island- does that include sinking it to the bottom of the ocean?? And that pretty much screws up ol' Ben again, now doesn't it? He always gets promised things that don't materialize. He'll never learn. I, for one, am loving "DR. Linus" in the alt universe. "Ben and Rousseau sitting in a tree..."

So who is all going to be at "a concert" or is going to "a concert" heading in to the finale? Let's see, there's Jack, Jack's ex (I know who this is too...and so does most everyone else if you really think about it. ;) ), Jack's son David, Desmond, Kate, Miles and Charlotte. I'm guessing the performers are Daniel Faraday and Charlie (remember the concert they were supposed to do together earlier?) and that Jack will invite Claire to come (ooh! just think how cool it'll be if Charlie sees her again!). Also, I'm guessing that Hurley and Sayid will be there too...after they pick up someone or ones. Libby for sure, but who else? Locke? I'm not sure how that would work, but he's the biggie. I'm also guessing that Sawyer will change his mind (remember Miles asked him to come) and show up. And what about Jin and Sun? Will we see Bernard and Rose sitting in the audience too?

And what is with Jack's cut, anyway?? Aahh! Another brain overload. Part of me can't wait for this Sunday and part of me wants it to never come. I'm going to miss this show so much!