Top 24 Results

Fuskie

It's time for our first results show!

Fuskie

Who thinks the worst part about the results show is not saying goodbye to the idol wannabes but having to listen to their failing performances one more time...

none of girls i thought were going home are. wanted lacey paige or haeley to go home. sad face

ashely wow before they perform that night i thought she could be a winner

how mighty fall

honestly before live show tuesday i had ashley in top 4 to finish season

the lack of tv time during hollywood week hurt her a lot

she was a front runner in audition rd but they gave her little to no air time once they went to hollywood rd

Ashley blew it with her performance, but I still don't think she should have gone home. I agree she didn't get much face time in Hollywood.

Janell was no loss - I think she would have turned into another Megan Joy and we could have been stuck with her for too long because she is cute and sweet. I really hate that Haeley is still there, but that's VFTW for ya!

joe similar to ashley was a victim of no exposure during hollywood week. ashame he had to go and tim stayed but at this point the vote for worst vote makes a hugeeeeeeeeeeee tent in who goes and stay

wow i got none of ones leaving correct

tyler big shocker reading online he had quite a following

i thought he was probably up there with being a lock even with an average performance due to that following

fyi i wasnt in that club. i thought he was overrated from jump

They share the same dream. They shared the same stage. This was the opportunity they had longed for. But their destiny is unclear. All will be fighting to secure their spot in history. Twelve boys. Twelve girls. Four will be leaving tonight. Your votes are in. This is American Idol!

First, lets say hi to our judges, Ellen, Randy, Kara and Simon. Simon, the buzz of the nation is that you were harsher than usual. Simon replies that America was wrong. Ellen says there were some surprises last this week like her liking bananas. Randy says it was really make it or break it this week. Kara said that she and her husband are working things out regarding Casey.

But first, singing American Boy, its your top 24 and the group song!

Fuskie's Note: For those new to the game, I HATE the group song. Therefore other than acknowledging its existence, you will hear no further word on it from me.

The votes are in and four are out. It is a harsh reality that no one wants to face. We will get to the girls a little later but here are the girls. Dim the lights.

We start with Siobhan. After the nationwide vote, Siobhan, please sit down, you are safe.

Here we go, Haeley. America voted and you get another shot. You are safe.

Michelle. After the vote, have a seat. You are safe.

Katelyn. After America's vote, you are safe. Have a seat.

That leaves us with 2 girls standing. Katie or Janelle. One of them leaves us tonight. Randy, who do you think it's going to be? Too tough to call, he says. Girls, after the vote, I am sorry to say it is the end of the road for Janelle. Katie, you may take a seat. You are safe.

Janelle says she had a feeling before reprising her one and only live performance on this season of American Idol.

After the break, we have Alison Irahita gracing the Idol stage with Scars.

Back to the results, one more will be leaving us tonight from the ladies. Front row, please rise.

Paige, after the nationwide vote, America says you deserve to stay in the competition. You are safe. You may take a seat.

Lacey, after the nationwide vote, I am sorry to say you are going to have to endure the stress of this show another week. You are safe.

And Lilly Scott. I am going to ask you to chill. Take a seat, relax. You are safe.

Now we are up to Crystal. After the vote, Crystal, you are safe. Take a seat.

That leaves us with Ashley and Didi. Come to the center of the stage with me. Who is sticking with us.

Ellen, what advise do you have to the person who has to start over? Well first, they are not starting over. They have already come a long way but this is just a new beginning somewhere else.

After the nationwide vote, Didi, you are safe. You are staying. Ashely, you are leaving tonight.

Ashley thanks those who have supported her and dedicates her farewell performance to them.

We've already lost Janell and Ashley, but now we turn our attention to the guys.

Getting serious and dimming the lights, would the back row please stand up.

Big Mike. After the nationwide vote, Michael Lynche, America wants to see more of you. Congratulations, buddy.

John Park now. After the vote, you are going to have to face the judges again. You are safe.

The intimidating Aaron Kelley. Simon predicted you would be here next week and he was right. You are safe.

Todrick Hall. After the nationwide vote, Todrick, you are safe.

That leaves us now with Tim and Joe. One of these guys is headed home. One is safe. Kara, is America right in sending one of them home?

Whether America is right or not, one of them has to go home but from this group, no.

After the nationwide vote, Tim, Sit down, you are safe. Joe Munoz leaves us tonight.

Joe says he had no expectations tonight before he reprises his insufficient live show performance from last night.

Kris Allen comes on to tell Ryan about his recent trip to Haiti and to announce that Idol Gives back will be raising funds over the next 24 hours for Haiti via the United Nations Foundation. 100% of Kris's performance of The Beatles' Let It Be tonight available on iTunes will go to Idol Gives Back and you can also text "Idol" to 20222 to donate $10.

All night you have weighed in on the competition. So far Ashley, Janell and Joe are out. But one more guy has to go.

Casey James. America wants more of your ear candy. You are safe.

Jermaine, you are safe. Congratulations. Stick around. have a seat.

Lee DeWyze. The nation has spoken and agrees with Simon. Congratulations, you are safe.

Andrew Garcia. After the vote, you did not disappoint the nation. You are safe. Take a seat.

That leaves us with Tyler and Alex. Front and center, guys.

Simon, what do you think? He thinks it is over for Tyler.

Alex and Tyler, the one staying in the competition for another week is Alex. You are safe.

Now that you know, what do you think was your misstep? Tyler says he didn't get enough constructive criticism during Hollywood Week. We get a recap of the four former Idol's journeys to the top 24 before he reprises his nonconstructive farewell performance.

Fuskie

Who was so underwhelmed by the top 24 performances, anyone going home was fine with him...

3 of 4 to go had little to no air time during hollywood week

I agree UVP - we can only blame Idol for that. But I do give credit (or blame) to VFTW for keeping Tim and Haeley around. I hope they don't make it to the top 12, but that is definitely a danger. VFTW is telling it's followers there is even an i phone app for voting. WTH????

Well, was not surprised of Janell, but was about Ashley, either Haley or the girl with the real red hair should've hit the dusty, and as far as Tyler, I was a tad put off with that ridiculous scene of him in the robe and shoes, what?? Shows to me he was not very serious about this or he thought he was a shoe in and then to blame it on the Judges and say well they didn't give him his criticism soon enough was hard for me to hear. I thought he was way cooler than that, tonight he just seemed cocky, oh well gone, I thought the rodrequez kid ( again learning the names) should have stayed. Hope they weed out the right ones. I have not seen the I phone app, wow, that could be bot like,lol. it is gettin crazier and more high tech all the time.

I was a bit surprised, but happy, to see Tyler go this early. I don't know whether I could've stomached his posing for very long. I was definitely sad that Joe went this early because the guy can actually sing...unlike at least two or three others that should've gone before him. He just didn't have the following, I guess.

I was not too surprised to see Janell go because she was pretty mediocre but Ashley-wow. That was a big surprise! Even though she wasn't one of my favorites, I thought she'd make it to the top twelve just based on the hype about her.

Well, I got one of my boot guesses right (Ashley.) My husband is bummed 'cause Ashley was his favorite girl.