AI 9: Hollywood rd 1 & 2

uvp

finally we somewhat get into meat of the show

i was surprised danny gokey friend jamar didnt tryout this season

my trashy summaries or praises below :)

*katie stevens very good maybe one to watch

*andrew garcia liked him in audition rd and i like him in hollywood for now. but not sure if he will have much vocal range seem to be one tone may get boring after awhile

*vanessa hated her voice in audition rd and same in hollywood rd. shouldnt have been put in hollywood rd

*haeley ...........wtf i didnt think she was good. this love affair with her needs to end. i think novelty of black girl singing country + 16 is keeping her around when she isnt very good

*mary powers good but needs to control thr screaming a bit

*lilly scott unique not bad, me likey for now may get old

*micheal lynch aka big mike not feeling him in hollywood rd . . vocally wasnt good for me but judges liked him meh....

*tim urban- potential kris allen. not big voice but good enough to hang around much improve from audition rd

*justin williams still cheesy / thank you i thought for sure he was going far with back story and all . i hated him in audition rd and glad he went home

*casey james not good for me and i liked him in audition rd

*didi not bad

*crystal good voice but not sure if she has the LOOK

overall not many good guys . a girl will for sure win this year

*opinions above are of uvp so please dont try to get me to changed my opinion because i WONT :)

LOL UVP - I would never try to change your mind.

However, I really liked Andrew Garcia tonight. I liked the way he took the Paula song and changed it up to work for him. It reminded me of what David Cook did with Mariah's Always Be My Baby.

LOL UVP - I would never try to change your mind.

However, I really liked Andrew Garcia tonight. I liked the way he took the Paula song and changed it up to work for him. It reminded me of what David Cook did with Mariah's Always Be My Baby.

Yeah, I loved it. This is what the judges look for too. Their looking for people with originality.

I also liked Didi and the girl with the pin in her lip.

I totally agree! I thought Andrew was superb last night, and I also thought of David's "Always be my baby" when he was performing. And even though I LOVE Adam, it actually made me a little upset that they compared Andrew to him, like Adam is the only contestant to completely change songs and make them his own. (Chris Daughtry was the first imo, but I think David was the best at it.) But anyway, I think Andrew is amazing and he's definitely one of the early stand-outs for me. Plus I went to high school in Moreno Valley! :D (where he's from)

I thought Didi was amazing last night! I didn't think she was anything to write home about during her first audition but she really changed my mind last night. She looks great and I thought she picked a perfect song for her voice last night. I think she can go far.

Another of my favorites was Crystal! (With the dreadlocks) I really loved her first audition and she totally came out and rocked it again last night! I know her two front teeth are brown but she's got a killer voice (imo) and she seems really sweet, I hope she does well in the competition.

Katie Stevens was great, too! She is beautiful and I thought her song choice was perfect, I also think her back story is really touching. When she was talking about her grandma not remembering her for much longer I totally cried, I think she'll do well.

Casey James was much better for me this time around, I honestly didn't even think he should have been sent to Hollywood based on his audition but I think he's more in his element with his guitar.

I think Haeley is ok, not great for me but not bad either; my bf really loves her though. lol

Not trying to change anyone's opinion, it would be lame and boring if we all felt the same way! :)

ETA: I totally forgot Lily Scott! I thought she was so cute and interesting and I love her voice; that song she sang sounded amazing. (If any of you are Canadian or have watched Canadian Idol - Lily really reminds me of Theresa Sokyrka )

team awesome i didnt feel tim urban was that good to advance

michael castro isnt that jason castro brother?

destiny wild performace was too creepy for me

love group with first three girls and also second group of three even thou they didnt show much of them(bb woman take note :))

seem judges were putting through majority of groups. they have grown a bit softish this year compare to years past

still hate haeley

dreamers what a mess. not sure i would have put through any of them at all after that disaster

jermaine looks like he will be around awhile

john park they havent shown him none this week singing must be a golden boy

was i only one who got andrew and mark mixed up from previews thinking he would go home

so big mike after skipping his baby birth , gets disqualified due to his dad... very good karma for missing birth of your kid

My wife kept mixing Mark with Andrew. I kept telling her it ain't the same guy, but it was only when they showed Andrew at the end did she believe me.

I was glad to see Andrew get through. I also like the girl that was in his group.

Rock & Roll mom is just annoying. I don't care how good a singer she is, I wouldn't work with her.

Old Mary

Taylor something

and garcia-tattoo neck..

and crack crystal

Janell Wheeler

have the best 5 voices by far.. i think... crystal has some of the worst teeth, so many people will be turned off by it..

Im hoping for a Mary- Garcia final 2... as of now.

All I know is I'm looking forward to next week's individual performances. I so hate group week.

I am kind of excited about this season though because they definitely seem to have several contestants with a little more edgy, interesting sounding voices. So far I'm rooting for Crystal (her rendition of A Natural Woman blew my socks off!), Andrew G., Lilly, Casey and Didi...but we shall see next week.

Big Mike has a good voice too but i'm afraid his heavy promotion will turn me off quickly if they keep it up.

I remember loving John Park's voice too but didn't hear much of him in the group auditions, same with Katelyn Epperly.

UVP- Check out the AI spoiler thread for a possible update on that whole situation...

Turns out contestant Janell Wheeler is reported to be Tim Tebow's girlfriend: AI love connection

Turns out contestant Janell Wheeler is reported to be Tim Tebow's girlfriend: AI love connection

wow the girl i knew him to date before had huge breast . real down grade lol but i guess this girl can sing him to sleep

UVP- Check out the AI spoiler thread for a possible update on that whole situation...

trying to avoid spoilers this year

only one week to go so i am doing pretty good