So You Think You Can Dance 7

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'So You Think You Can Dance' returns in May, auditions still open

By Hanh Nguyen

February 4, 2010 8:57 AM

America can tune in to find their next favorite dancer in the spring.

"So You Think You Can Dance" returns for its seventh season two-hour premiere on Thursday, May 27 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on FOX.

The always charming Cat Deeley will be back as host.

In case you still want to try out for the show, a few auditions are still coming up:

Wednesday, March 10 - Dallas

McFarlin Memorial Auditorium

6405 Boaz Lane

Dallas, TX 75205

Sunday, March 14 - Nashville

Acuff Theatre

2804 Opryland Drive

Nashville, TN 37214

Thursday, March 18 - Chicago

The Cadillac Palace Theatre

151 West Randolph Street

Chicago, IL 60601

Last season, untrained krumper Russell Ferguson won $250,000, a cover feature in Dance Spirit magazine and of course, the coveted title of America's Favorite Dancer.

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

SYTYCD judges get more power; Mary Murphy choreographing, won

Loved Twitch!! Keep us informed Itsnot

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

So You Think You Can Dance: BIG Changes In Store For Season 7

March 30, 2010 01:00:45 by Nancy Floyd

When So You Think You Can Dance returns to the air on May 27th, viewers are going to be shocked at the big changes in the dance competition! Producer and judge, Nigel Lythgoe hinted last week at some of the shocking changes in store for season 7 and now FOX confirms the new structure of the dance competition which includes less competitors and some returning favorites from seasons past

Nigel announced today that Ade from Season 5 (yuck!) and Allison from Season 2 (yay! one of my all-time favorites!) will be joining the All-Stars! :party_smilie:

I wonder if the reason Dimitry Chaplin and Lacey Schwimmer are not on Dancing With The Stars this season is because they'll be 2 of the past participants who will be paired with contestants on SYTYCD.

I've been wondering the same thing and I really hope it's true - I love Dmitry and Lacey!

I like Dimitry . . . I absolutely HATE, HATE Lacey. She always looks like she hasn't bathed in weeks.

lol Yeah, I knew I'd probably be alone in that - most people hate Lacey. I always thought she was such a good dancer, though, and she and her brother get their hair done at the same place I do. :P

• 1 month later...

Did you read that Mia Michaels will become a full time judge along with Adam Shankman and Nigel? And Mary will choreograph. In a way, i'm thrilled with the change. Mary had become a caricature of herself and an annoying one at that. I often forgot she was a ballroom dancer with the knowledge to constructively criticize the dancers. and I love Mia but as a choreographer. I always thought her dances were far superior to most of the others but as a judge? I'm not sure. She'll be tough and that's not bad and its a good counter to Adam's approach. I hope she gets to choreograph some dances this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

So You Think You Can Dance Host Cat Deeley Calls New Judge "Bonkers"

May 26, 2010 10:00 PM ET

by Robyn Ross

When So You Think You Can Dance premieres its seventh season on Thursday (8/7c on Fox), viewers will notice some major changes. Choreographer Mia Michaels will be a permanent judge

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

So You Think You Can Dance: Meet The Returning All-Stars

June 4, 2010 07:00:59 by Nancy Floyd

Season seven of So You Think You Can Dance promises a lot of changes, including the introduction of choreographer Mia Michaels as a resident judge and only 10 dancers, instead of 20, competing for the title of America

Top 11 are: Cristina Santana, Loren Froderman, Ashley Galvan, Jose Ruiz, Melinda Sullivan, Alex Wong, Adechike Torbert, Alexi Agdeppa, Kent Boyd and Robert Roldan, also adding Billy Bell. Did the judges pick right?

I thought tonight's show was good. I really enjoyed watching Billy, Alex and Alexi. It should be a fun season with the all stars joining the show.

I found it extremely distracting having the all stars dancing with the contestants. I just wanted to watch Mark, Neil, Kathryn and Dominic. I don't think it's gonna work for me. Maybe as the season goes on, I'll be able to concentrate on the contestants. I do like Kent & the blond girl he danced with at the beginning (Travis Wall's number with Mark & Kathryn). I can't remember her name. Jose is adorable and Robert is gorgeous.

I was also distracted by the all-stars. You can't help but watch Mark's facial expressions.

I might like it better once they get down to the one-on-one dances with the all-stars ... then I might be able to better pick out who's the newbie and who's not. I had a hard time with that last night when watching the lesser-known (by me) all-starts dancing.

So, what do you think about the contestants? Any favorites already?

I like Lauren, but can't remember enough about the rest to give a good opinion yet ... except for the fact I think Alex has flipper feet! Seriously, have you seen those feet? It looks like he has on small flippers when he's barefoot!! :lookaround:

At this early stage of the comp, I like Kent, the blond haired girl who he danced with (Name????), Jose and Robert.

I feel that Alex and Billy were given a pass into the finals because of their connection to last season. Don't get me wrong, they're both great dancers, but it seems a little suspicious that BOTH got through out of all the other great male dancers. So for that reason, they're starting out on the bottom of my list.

If the blond is the cheerleader that just graduated from HS, that's Lauren. I don't like Billy nor do I like Christina. I didn't think she was nearly as good as some of the other girls sent home. She's the token ballroom dancer. :rolleyes:

I thought it looked like Anya left Cristina completely in the dust. Nigel mentioned she had 'lazy feet'. I guess..... I don't like or dislike her, at this point. But that was my least favorite routine, hands down. And I thought she was the farthest from being at the ability of the all stars, in her style. Kinda hated that routine, so maybe my opinion is clouded.

I loved loved loved seeing the all stars, but for me, it was difficult to tell who was who, when some groups had so many dancing, and they all looked so similar from a distance. But I think that frustration will end, when they partner up, when they start actually competing.

I love the first routine, and everyone in it. Love love love!