AI 9: Denver Auditions

Dade

kimberly wtf shows all it takes is being a pretty girl and you will go far in life. not very good for me vocally

nicci wtfffffffffffffffffffffff she was awful and they said she sounded great another of pretty girls advancing on just that . why did they play this awful joke on this girl. if she makes it out of hollywood i may end my idol viewership for good

not really a fan of any of girls vocally tonight

i like the danny gokey look alike and the surfer dude who they made take off his shirt.

denver not a very good showing imho . too many bad singers advanced especially two i noted above

I loved Victoria Beckham! (I didn't much care for her hair on day two, though)

I liked the first guy of the show, the one with the glasses. I think he's a good singer but I don't see him going very far in the competition, unfortunately.

I thought the girl who came from Barcelona(?), was really good; she was gorgeous too! I can see her being a hit with the judges and America. She's definitely one of my favorite auditioners so far.

I thought the long-haired guy was ok, he didn't blow me away or anything but he was pretty cute. lol I don't really see him making it farther than Hollywood.

i like the danny gokey look alike . . .

I'm happy to know I wasn't the only one who thought he looked more like Danny Gokey than Jack Black. He surprised me. I liked him.

2 girls I liked: The one who sang the Ingrid Michaelson song "Take Me The Way I Am", and Danielle who sang the Melissa Ethridge song.

Lots of parents this year. That's a little weird for me. I don't know why. . . I just don't like it.

American Idol' -- Duped by a Phoney???

Posted Feb 5th 2010 12:10AM by TMZ Staff

It seems one high-pitched "American Idol" favorite is not who she appears to be -- at least when it comes to her accent -- because Nicci Nix has been on all sorts of reality shows before ... with a completely different voice.

Nix -- who impressed the "A.I." judges with her helium sounding, Italian accented voice -- has appeared on at least 4 other reality shows before she got to "Idol" -- including "Fear Factor", "Next", "Making the Band" and "Date My Mom."

When Nix appeared on "Fear Factor", not only did she go by another name (Nicci Palmeri) -- but she claimed to be from California and talked without the slightest hint of an Italian accent. The accent was also MIA when she appeared on "Making the Band" ... plus her voice sounded deeper back then too.

But now, Nix's "accent" has helped her through to the Hollywood round on "Idol" -- wonder what she'll sound like when she gets there.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/05/american-ido...and-video-clip/

(all clips on the page listed above)

you have got to be kidding me

you have got to be kidding me

Well, in Idol's defense, how do you investigate everything when you have 200 people going through to Hollywood? Someone shows up at audition and says they flew 14000 miles and all that, I don't think they are going to do full background checks on all tens if thousands who audition. The ones that make it through to Hollywood, they have more time to research. But even there, where do you draw the line? She probably doesn't have a criminal record and maybe she does live in Italy.

I don't think her being on 4 other RTV shows should exclude her from Idol. She sang good enough to pass the audition. That's good enough for me.

Well, in Idol's defense, how do you investigate everything when you have 200 people going through to Hollywood? Someone shows up at audition and says they flew 14000 miles and all that, I don't think they are going to do full background checks on all tens if thousands who audition. The ones that make it through to Hollywood, they have more time to research. But even there, where do you draw the line? She probably doesn't have a criminal record and maybe she does live in Italy.

I don't think her being on 4 other RTV shows should exclude her from Idol. She sang good enough to pass the audition. That's good enough for me.

my post had "nothing" to do with idol letting her on show. it was directed 100% at her that she would go to such an extent to have a fake accent to create such a backstory

But addressing the question of how she got on the show, if she lied on her application, production has grounds to disqualify her.

Fuskie

Who notes AI has plenty of time and $$ to hire an investigation service to perform background checks on those who received golden tickets and to edit out of the audition shows those that fail to pass...

The thing is Fuskie, what exactly did she lie about? Is there a question on the application that asks is she going to speak in a different voice? Did they ask if she's had other reality TV appearances, and does it matter if she has?

The thing is Fuskie, what exactly did she lie about? Did they ask if she's had other reality TV appearances, and does it matter if she has?

I am sure they asked about any previous TV experience, performance experience, you name it. There are extensive forms you have to fill out to be on TV to protect the production.

Fuskie

Who admittedly has never seen the application for AI, but has seen them for Big Brother and The Amazing Race and they are pretty invasive...