FOX REALITY CHANNEL to Debut

salter-path

FOX REALITY CHANNEL (FRC) - News Corp.'s long-in-the-works reality channel will finally see the light of day when it launches on Tuesday, May 24. Nearly 18.5 million homes will have access to the channel in its first year through such cable/satellite providers as DirectTV, Dish, Cox, Adelphia and Insight.

The channel's initial lineup will feature repeats of nearly 30 reality series, including "The Swan," "Joe Millionaire," "Temptation Island," "Last Comic Standing," "For Love Or Money," "My Big Fat Obnoxious..," "Mr. Personality," "Celebrity Boxing," "Love Cruise," "Mad, Mad House," "Meet My Folks," "Arrest & Trial," "The Fifth Wheel" and "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?" In addition, Fox Reality plans to offer international versions of several series ("Joe Millionaire," "Temptation Island") as well as various U.K. imports ("Single Girls," "The Villa").

The network is also in talks to land repeats of "The Bachelor" franchise, as well as "The Will," "Last Resort," "Scariest Places on Earth" and "The Family." As far as original Fox Reality series, network executives hope to start adding first-run offerings by the first quarter of 2006. More details, including the full launch slate and schedule, are expected to be released shortly.

Guest XandraSkye

That is great but they are only the FOX reality shows so I guess we won't be seeing shows like "Survivor" or "The Amazing Race". Unless this new channel gets the syndication rights.

I wouldn't mind watching a few of those reality shows because I never watched them the first time around or I only saw an episode here and there.

Guest XandraSkye

That's true. "For Love or Money" and "Last Comic Standing" were NBC shows, weren't they?

Anyone ever watch "Joe Schmo" on Spike TV? I rented the first season. VERY funny stuff. But not for the conversative type. Lots of swearing and nudity and sexual content. I read yesterday that they are talking about putting "Joe Schmo 2" on DVD and I surely hope so.

Seriously, if you have never seen this show and you have Netflix or Blockbuster Online, I highly recommend renting it.