AI 9: Chicago Auditions

Dade

30 minutes of hour focus on just the girls meh.....

john park average vocals but will go far by default since so much of chicago sucks & one of few guys that got feature.................. anoop 2.0

chicago what an awful audition city whoever producer this city did a horrible job

the bad singers werent even funny

no one impressed me

I agree with UVP. It was pretty bad.

Is anybody else annoyed with the way a lot of people sing? I mean the eyes closed, head turned to the side, hand making little movements in the air as if they are counting notes? I'm not a singer, but it seems to me that all the showiness is just unecessary. Also, why do they chose the most god-awful songs to sing? I mean there are so many great songs by great artists, and they sing some off-beat song.

Hoping Orlando has some magic in store for us.

Best thing about Chicago was Shania Twain and I'm not a country music fan. :D

I liked the first girl...Katelyn? But yeah, other than her no one stood out to me at all. And I can't really stand Shania Twain (her and her songs!) but last night I found her to be warm and charming, I'd prefer her judging to Ellen tbh.

The only singer that stood out to me was the girl with the kinda crazy, wild, blonde and curly hair with a big tattoo on her back right shoulder but, I don't remember her name. And, I also liked John (I think that's his name) but, I'll have to see more of him in Hollywood to root for him. (He's the won that Shania and Kara talked Randy into saying yes to.)

I'm really not sure about Ellen being a judge BUT, I saw a re-run of the day she announced and it and I have to admit it made me a bit more excited. She seemed to be a really big fan of the show (like us) and so if that what's she's going to represent... I might like her after all.

The only singer that stood out to me was the girl with the kinda crazy, wild, blonde and curly hair with a big tattoo on her back right shoulder but, I don't remember her name. And, I also liked John (I think that's his name) but, I'll have to see more of him in Hollywood to root for him. (He's the won that Shania and Kara talked Randy into saying yes to.)

I'm really not sure about Ellen being a judge BUT, I saw a re-run of the day she announced and it and I have to admit it made me a bit more excited. She seemed to be a really big fan of the show (like us) and so if that what's she's going to represent... I might like her after all.

I believe the girl you're talking about with the crazy hair is Katelyn, the first girl. (I didn't really care for that tattoo)

I really like Ellen, I like her show, I like her stand-up; I just wish I could be excited about her being a judge. I think it's adorable that she's such a big fan, and I understand them wanting to have a "voice of the people", I just can't get over her sytycd episode. :( I really, really hope she proves me wrong about her though.

I'm sad that all these audition episodes have only been one hour! I don't feel like they're showing enough people each week. (good or bad singers)

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

American Idol 9 January 19, 2010 - Chicago Audtions!

January 19, 2010 07:02:56 by Candace Young

Ryan Seacrest announces that this week on Fox, the search for the next American Idol has brought them to the jewel of the midwest - the windy city - Chicago! Since it is the hometown of the President, a befitting welcome was given, including marching bagpipe players! Over 12,000 hopefuls have come out for their shot. The guest judge tonight is country superstar, Shania Twain! Simon Cowell greets her enthusiastically. Read on for highlights!

Day1

Katelyn Epperley

She's one of my favorite females so far too, King. Listen to this video clip of her and you'll like her even more:

She's one of my favorite females so far too, King. Listen to this video clip of her and you'll like her even more:

Thanks so much for posting that! I downloaded to my computer in case it gets deleted. :P I love her voice, I'd really like to see her go far.