SPOILERS!

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'American Idol': Top 24 contestants leaked

By Andrea Reiher

January 18, 2010 7:26 AM

"American Idol's" Hollywood Week is essentially over -- which means the Top 24 has been chosen. Do not keep reading if you don't want to be spoiled because most names have leaked.

Between Joe's Place blog, Vote for the Worst and MJ's Big Blog, it seems there are 20 of the Top 24 out there already, all of the boys and eight of the girls. We've only seen a few of the Top 24 so far, but the ones we have seen have their audition city after their names (

Ben Honeycutt

we may not have actually seen in Atlanta, but that's where he auditioned).

Top 24

Boys

Lee DeWyze

David Duke

Andrew Garcia

Christopher "Chris" Golightly

Tyler Grady (Boston)

Benjamin Honeycutt (Atlanta)

Casey James

Aaron Kelly

Alexander Lambert

Michael Lynche

John Park

Jermaine Sellers (Atlanta)

Girls

Lacey Brown

Michelle Delamor

Katelyn Epperly

Ashley Rodriguez (Boston)

Lillian "Lilly" Scott

Katie Stevens (Boston)

Haeley Vaughn

Janell Wheeler

What do you guys think? We're frankly surprised

Tyler Grady

is in the Top 24 and we're disappointed not to see

Mallorie Haley's

name in the girls column, though she still could be since that's not the complete list.

It's exciting to watch the auditions now, knowing who to look out for, right?

Will be interesting to see if this is correct or not :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info! I wish I could remember the names of the people I liked from last week's shows. :lol: This list will be way more useful to me in Hollywood week.

ETA: I remembered the guy who I liked more than anyone else that auditioned! (male or female) Tyler Grady...I really, really loved him and his audition. I will for sure be voting for him and I hope he makes it to the finals.

The Complete List of 24 Finalists:

GUYS

1. Alexander Lambert Wow, how close is that to the name of a certain other individual? Absolutely nothing alike though-this guy actually made it to the top 24?? And what's with the sunglasses?

2. Aaron Kelly

***Participated in

Several of the contestants are pullling their music off the web so watch them quick before they're gone!

Crystal Bowersox has just been added to the spoiler list of the 12 girl finalists:

Crystal Bowersox on myspace

Crystal on youtube

*I added this one to the initial list with video clips

Another female has been "spoiled" as being one of the top 24:

Siobhan Magnus (tried out in Boston)

Her band's myspace page: Lunarvalve

Cape Cod Daily article with video clips

*I added this one to the initial list with video clips

Season 9 Top 24 Finalists

americanidol9top24final.png

photo source: JoesPlace

i havent read any of spoilers

i am trying to keep it that way

i want to be a bit surprised this year

so i when i enter this thread i headed straight to bottom :)

but overall not many of these idols are as memorable as last season crew so i doubt i would even remember them if i did read spoilers lol

still going to avoid reading spoilers if i can help it

There is one interesting top 24 twist I have heard - one of the 24 you did not see during auditions. That is because they will be the first AI contestant to compete live without having to go through the audition process.

Out of all the Disney's Hollywood Studios guests to win the daily American Idol Experience, this person was the one chosen to bypass auditions and proceed directly to Hollywood.

Fuskie

Who notes this was the first year of the American Idol Experience so it will be interesting to see how the other 23 Idol wannabees treat this person...

There is one interesting top 24 twist I have heard - one of the 24 you did not see during auditions. That is because they will be the first AI contestant to compete live without having to go through the audition process.

Out of all the Disney's Hollywood Studios guests to win the daily American Idol Experience, this person was the one chosen to bypass auditions and proceed directly to Hollywood.

Fuskie

Who notes this was the first year of the American Idol Experience so it will be interesting to see how the other 23 Idol wannabees treat this person...

Interesting! I hadn't heard that. I thought they were picking one person to bypass the lines and first auditions to proceed directly to Randy, Simon and Kara's audition but that they still had to try out for them to make it to Hollywood (which would pretty much seem to be a foregone conclusion anyway!). It will be interesting to see which one it is. Will have to do more digging...

SPOILER UPDATES FROM MJsBigBlog:

***Updated 9:15 AM 1/23 Removed Ben Honeycut and Paige Dechausse from the list. Rumor has it Ben was cut in the group round, and Paige D. was the wrong Paige. The correct Paige is reported to be Paige Miles. (bummer on the Ben Honeycutt cut.:disappointed: )

***Updated 2:24pm 1/22 Michael Lynche may be Disqualified for breaking confidentiality agreement according to Joe

Another source for the Michael Lynche disqualification.

(Includes more embedded sources.)

Source: http://music.rightcelebrity.com/?p=3297

American Idol Contestant Cut for Spilling the Beans

Want to know what will get an American Idol contestant cut? The answer is violating a confidentiality agreement, which is exactly what the latest

I bet Michael L. is having major issues with his dad right now...:furious:

Doesn't make sense to me. Why would they would disqualify someone for a confidentiality agreement when the information was already out there? Heck, kayo was able to post about most of the final 24 back on the 22nd.

Well, I reserve the right to have the details wrong - it was a year ago that I read the story - but we will see. I would think that if it was just to bypass the screening process, we would have seen it or had it mentioned during this stage of the auditions. I guess some of us will be surprised. :-)

Fuskie

Who notes the guy was booted from the top 24 because the father was quoted by the local newspaper, which confirmed and lent legitimacy to the rumors...

Who notes the guy was booted from the top 24 because the father was quoted by the local newspaper, which confirmed and lent legitimacy to the rumors...

Yes, Fuskie is right. The difference is that the father personally confirmed that his son was in the top 24. The other spoilers were probably based on friends or family telling friends, telling friends who posted it online, with no way to find the original person who leaked the info. AND family members not backing up the rumored info to the local newspaper! Waaay stupid to do and it really is too bad for him. I'm sure his dad probably didn't know the stipulations and feels terrible about it now.

Regarding the list posted- I've updated and changed it a few times because a few of the "spoilers" turned out to be false (Ben) and at least one of them got the last name of the person wrong.

I am so happy to see Andrew Garcia's name on that list! I thought his audition last night was the best of the night. I also saw a couple of his videos on youtube and I think he's really good, I hope he makes Top 12

I totally agree- love his voice...and his kid is a cutie too!

I totally agree- love his voice...and his kid is a cutie too!

He is cute, isn't he? I really love his style and the way he dresses. And I didn't even notice at the time but he's from Moreno Valley, Ca - which is where I went to high school; that totally gave me more reason to root for him now. :P