Dancing With the Stars 10

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Dancing With the Stars 10' premieres March 22

By Hanh Nguyen

January 12, 2010 11:32 AM

More celebrities are gearing up to lose weight, get injured and possibly fall sick on ABC. Yup, it's another season of "Dancing With the Stars."

The 10th season of the reality dancing show will return for a two-hour premiere on Monday, March 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT, the network announced Tuesday (Jan. 12) at the Television Critics Association press tour.

A week after the premiere, the stars and their pro partners will be back for yet another two-hour episode, this time to get judged and voted on for the elimination show the following evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing With the Stars New Cast

February 2, 2010 02:00:22 by Nancy Floyd

A new season of Dancing With the Stars is coming to ABC on March 22nd, but who will be among the celebrities to hit the dance floor? The new cast is about to be revealed by ABC. When and where? Keep reading to find out

Okay, this is the latest Internet buzz . . . Paula Abdul is rumored to be the replacement for Samantha Harris. I hope not.

The cast will be smaller this time around, with at most twelve celebrities.

Some rumored cast includes Kate Gosselin, Jennifer Grey, Jermain Dupri and Levi Johnston. I would also watch for someone coming out of this year's Olympics in Vancouver. I already heard a female snowboarder pleading her case in a television interview.

Here's a few more I found on my research:

Lou Ferrigno

The TV Hulk told Life & Style he had a "good meeting" with producers of the show and he's ready to "train hard" to be taken seriously. He has yet to sign on the dotted line though . . . Lou was seriously blowing his own horn on this. He said he was in the running. Now, did his spilling the beans kill his chances, or did it just not work out for last season? I believe he was also the one who got really pissed off when he wasn't picked, so maybe that ruined his chances. [source: Life & Style]

Bethany Frankel

The "Real Houswife of New York" and successful author has put her own dancing shoes on the dance floor. I'm thinking no right now. Never heard anything about her other than the initial interview where she said she would love to do it. [source: Pure DWTS]

Suge Knight

It's still possible, IMO. Seems like something the producers would pull. [source: Pure DWTS]

Dominique Moceanu

1996 Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast that was photographed with Professional Dancer Tony Dovolani. Simple fan photo? Or something more? Olympians tend to do very well (Apolo Ono Anton, Kristi Yamaguchi, Shawn Johnson, all past winners), so if she joins the cast, she may well be a contender. [source: Pure DWTS]

Sherri Shepherd

Her name was tossed around last season, and this year she mentioned on "The View" that she has indeed been approached about joining the cast. Are rehearsals the secret to her recent weight loss? Although she does have a cable comedy series on her busy schedule as well. [source: Buddy TV]

Katie Holmes

This rumor seems completely ridiculous. While Mrs. Tom Cruise has done the singing and dancing thing on "Eli Stone" and "So You Think You Can Dance," we don't see her being desperate enough to hoof it up week after week. If an A-lister like Katie did ever join, though, the other contestants shouldn't even bother showing up. [source: Perez Hilton]

Adam Lambert

This one also seems utterly ridiculous. In fact, we're not even sure where or how it originated. But it doesn't even matter, because there's no way in hell the high-profile 'Idol' runner-up would even consider this. Check back with him in a few years though . . . [source: Examiner]

Danny Gokey

This is way more plausible than Glambert, considering he expressed interest after being booted from "American Idol" and has yet to land a recording contract. Face it, Gokey, you better strike while the iron's hot. I'm thinking no, although it's more likely this season than last since I don't know how much post-'Idol' success he's had. [source: ET Online]

Erin Andrews

With her profile soaring after being caught up in a peeping tom video scandal, the ESPN sportscaster could catapult her career to the next level by appearing on the show. But she'd surely be walking a fine line of hypocrite and one smart lady. She was rumored a long time ago for 2010. I don't know if this one is still possible, if she is still interested in doing it. [source: Chicago Sun-Times]

Aubrey O'Day

The former Danity Kane member is a perfect fit for the show. The D-lister is well-known to the MTV generation, and just enough of a trainwreck for older folks to be mesmerized. Think Lil' Kim with less street smarts and an even ditzier personality. [source: Examiner]

LaToya Jackson

This would not surprise us one bit. Since MJ's death, most of the remaining Jacksons have been scrambling to ride his coattails one last time -- and 'Dancing' loves harvesting the sympathy vote. [source: NY Daily News]

Vera Wang

If this is true, she'd surely be one of the most fashionable celebs to ever hit the dance floor. It seems highly likely according to reports, albeit a little odd for someone of her stature. The wedding dress designer rumor came from Marc Malkin from E! so I tend to give it a bit more weight than your average rumor. I could be wrong and Marc could get his info the same place I do

I thought they were supposed to announce this during the super bowl, or something. Oh well--I must have misunderstood. It's probably too early to announce the cast.

But I have to say, from the previous list of 'rumored possibilities', the few who I might tune in to watch probably won't be doing it. And there are also a few, who if they were on the show, I would make a point of not watching. And a whole lot of 'never heard of's.

I used to love this show. Am I just getting tired of it? Who the celeb's were didn't ever really matter to me before.

You were close to the network's promotional idea for announcing the new "Dancing With the Stars 10" cast. They are announcing the new cast during the finale of "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love" airing on Monday, March 1.

• 2 weeks later...

popeater_logo_small.jpg

Lacey Schwimmer Leaves 'Dancing With The Stars'

by PopEater Staff Writer

lacey.jpg

Lacey Schwimmer

"Dancing With the Stars" will be one star short this season when professional dancer Lacey Schwimmer leaves the show. On Friday, February 19, Schwimmer confirmed via Twitter that she will not be returning to the show for another season. In a tweet to her fans, she wrote, "Hey twitterbugs! I will not be doing DWTS this season. But be sure to tune in! <3." Soon after her initial tweet about leaving the show, Schwimmer wrote, "I'm off to bed! I'm sad I will not be on this season of #dwts too yall! Biglove<3".

Schwimmer, a former "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant, has been a member of the "Dancing With the Stars" cast since 2008. She has served as a dance partner to Lance Bass, Steve-O and Mark Dacascos. Schwimmer's highest finish was with Bass, who finished in third place during "]"Dancing With the Stars" Season 7.

There's no word on whether she's bowing out on her own accord or leaving on other conditions. Of course, she isn't the only dancing bowing out of the show. Jonathan Roberts has also confirmed via Twitter that he is leaving. "I will not be doing 'DWTS' this season, will miss everyone but I'm sure you will see me on some tues shows until next season," he wrote.

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Dancing With the Stars' 2010 lineup: Chad Ochocinco, Pamela Anderson and more

By Rick Porter

March 1, 2010 6:01 PM

ABC unveiled the new "Dancing with the Stars" cast during the finale of "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love." Join us for the reveal, which stretches out over two hours in between shots of Bachelor Jake Pavelka looking pensive.

Host Tom Bergeron and Melissa Rycroft -- who has ties to both "The Bachelor" and "DWTS" -- are presiding over the interstitial festivities. Eventually. Nearly an hour of the two-hour finale passed before Bergeron even made an on-screen appearance to tease "a name-changing wide receiver, the ultimate 'Baywatch' babe and the original moon walker."

So that would be Chad Ochocinco of the Cincinnati Bengals, Pamela Anderson -- both of whom have been rumored to be taking part -- and ... Neil Armstrong? Come on, ABC. Name some names, already.

Tom and Melissa come back just after 9 p.m. ET with ... nothing. He asks her about what it was like preparing for her first dance. Shocker! She was nervous. Yeesh.

At 9:39 p.m. ET, Tom promises a reveal in "just minutes." Whee!

FINALLY. Your participants are:

Pamela Anderson of "Baywatch" and rock star-marrying fame.

Chad Ochocinco (ne Johnson), Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver.

Aiden Turner of "All My Children."

Kate Gosselin, sans Jon and the eight.

Shannen Doherty. Will she do better than ex Ashley Hamilton?

Buzz Aldrin, who's only the almost-original moon walker. Neil Armstrong took the first step on the moon.

Evan Lysacek, fresh off his figure skating gold medal at the Olympics.

Erin Andrews, ESPN hottie.

Nicole Scherzinger, alpha Pussycat Doll.

Niecy Nash, funny woman and ex-"Reno 911" star.

So that's 10, but there will be 11 people in the cast. So as soon as Jake's done, we'll get that name.

Oh, look. Turns out No. 11 is Jake Pavelka himself.

Edited by Dade

Not happy about Kate - hope she leaves early. Also can't stand Pamela Anderson. Bet she gets a whole mess of botox and collagen before she shows up. I am totally excited about Chad Ochocinco being on - he is so funny and I think he will be a blast to watch. I also like Evan Lysacek. I was a bit surprised by the Jake thing - seeing as he is newly engaged, and now giving up so much of his time for DWTS? HMmmmmmm

OH, and Buzz Aldrin?? How freaking old is he? Why do they always have to have someone that is so old?

I actually don't mind Kate being on it... and as you know I'm not her biggest fan LOL

I think it will be fun to watch her bomb and do something she can't control... kind of hope she gets Maks and he kicks her butt..... as long as it's not Jon I can live with it

Please let Pam Anderson go first

Not real crazy about Evan Lysacek.. he needs to tone down the greasiness and the fake tan

Tom said this was the best cast ever?! I think this is the worst ever. There aren't many 'stars' on here. Seems they had to scramble to get people on this show.

My vote will be Buzz. Hope he wins the whole thing.

This is not something that bugs me a whole lot, but it seems like there are less and less what I consider to be actual 'stars', and more and more people who are famous, or just infamous. The show should be 'Dancing with people how have made recent headlines, mostly in tabloid news..." The have their slots to fill. Olympian, current, and or former, old lady or guy, sports figures who are not Oympians, aging model, or not-so-aging, and of course reality show personalities.

Kate Gosselin. Kate Gosselin???? gross. The only reason to watch, and the only reason I will watch is to hope that she sucks, or even if she doesn't suck at dancing, that she will be the first to go, simply because most people think Kate just generally sucks. Don''t they? I can't fathom how anyone could be a fan of her, or her smarmy ex. She is a media, you-know-what, if ever there was one.

I have to watch though, because I love Tom, hated Samantha and Lacey, who won't be there this season. ( yippee). Now if they could just get rid of that mouth with hair, Mary Murphy.... oh wait. She's on that other dancing show. No 'not tamale trains', just Bruno's wildly inappropriate comments. ( which I love and find hilarous, largely thanks to Tom)

Yeah, I'm in.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing With The Stars: Brooke Burke Is the New Co-Host

March 8, 2010 08:00:07 by Nancy Floyd

On March 22nd, ABC

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where to put this, but wanted to share. Feel free to move it mods if there is a better place. This is a short video of four of the dancers rehearsing - be sure to have your sound on especially when Ocho and Cheryl are dancing at the end. I am so excited for the season to begin!!! http://www.eonline.com/videos/v51433_raw-i...-rehearsal.html

My candidate for first eliminated....Buzz

No elimination until next Tuesday.

wow Tuesday going to be busy with DWTS, AI and TBL :animated_shocking:

My candidate for first eliminated....Buzz

No elimination until next Tuesday.

wow Tuesday going to be busy with DWTS, AI and TBL :animated_shocking:

I know!! And I can only DVR two things at a time!

If you go by performances, Buzz SHOULD be the first to go. But we know it probably won't work like that. Never does. He's an astronaut hero and all that.