AI 9: Boston Auditions

Dade

Here we go!!! Its time again.

Who will we see tonight? Will it be the winner of this season? Do you have your ear plugs ready?

Look out Boston, American Idol is in your town!!!

Discuss it all here.

I am pretty excited for the auditions tonight! I hope they show us the great singers as well as the horrible ones, I hate it when they show like an hour of awful people and then just show the faces of the people who made it to Hollywood.

fat guy with family piece around table that simon said was one of best so far i found cheesy & shouty but seeing he got a family piece i expect him to go far

justin cancer guy is another cheesy preformer

like luke and bejamin guitar boys

benjamin probably my fav guy of night

tyler good unique sound but i see him as potential megan once quirkiness vibes wears thin

ashley very good could go far

leah too shouty for me

but overall seem show is steering us towards a female winner

show without paula definitely feel different. i miss the paula and simon back n forth in audition round

Two things amaze me after 9 seasons. The first is that there is still talent out there. Where were these people for the past few years? Why didn't they audition the last time? I can understand the ones that were too young, but I just figured the talent pool would be thinned out by now. The other thing that really amazes me is the number if people who can't sing, but think they can. I mean, do they watch the show? Then when they are told they are awful, it's a big surprise.

I think the best of the night was the Portegese girl.

Two things amaze me after 9 seasons. The first is that there is still talent out there. Where were these people for the past few years? Why didn't they audition the last time? I can understand the ones that were too young, but I just figured the talent pool would be thinned out by now. The other thing that really amazes me is the number if people who can't sing, but think they can. I mean, do they watch the show? Then when they are told they are awful, it's a big surprise.

Lol, so true!

Regarding the number of people who think they can sing but can't-

1. They either have parents and friends who have been lying to them because they"don't have the heart to break it to them", resulting in them looking like an idiot on national tv or

2. They've been deluded by the 1st two rounds of auditions BEFORE they got to Randy, Simon and Co. You and I know that they are just being put through because the producers know that they are so stinkin' bad that it makes "great tv", however, the deluded singers (such as the Chinese guy or the guy with the long hair who sang in several different voices tonight) actually probably think they're good because of all the encouragement they've received from those who auditioned them originally. That's the one thing I hate about the show...yeah, I first blame the parents and friends for not having the guts to say, "whatever you do- DON'T GO ON THAT SHOW!", but I also know that some are being somewhat set up for the big fall. Ultimately though, these people have all watched the show enough so you'd think they'd have figured it out by now.

One interesting fact- Justin Williams, the guy who "had cancer"? I KNOW he was in the auditions last season and was cut during Hollywood week. He didn't have any airtime during the auditions part last season and they showed him just a little bit during Hollywood week (I think they showed a group number he was in that was really good) but he was cut pretty early. What's funny is that he is originally from AZ (same as Brooke White and Scott MacIntyre) and now has "moved" to Provo, Utah...home of David Archuleta. Yes, he is Mormon. I just think it's a bit odd that they didn't tell any of his story last season at all and acted like he'd never tried out before.

Yeah, I guess family encouragement plays a big role. It's just funny though. I'm sure these people have taped themselves. They sound good to themselves? It's just laughable. My favorite of the bad was the video game girl. "You guys love me!" LoL

I didn't know about Justin's history. That may explain my first point. Usually though if someone makes it to Hollywood, they highlight it on the show.

Was I the only one distracted by the Victoria Beckham bobblehead sitting at the table during the first hour? She looked awful.

Onto the contestants . . . I loved the 2 guys who were playing guitar in the holding room (Luke & Benjamin?). They both sang really well and Luke is a definite cutie.

Was I the only one distracted by the Victoria Beckham bobblehead sitting at the table during the first hour? She looked awful

No, you weren't the only one. My husband said, "she's supposed to be beautiful?? UGH."

Baron- Yes, it's definitely weird that they wouldn't know that they sound terrible if they heard themselves, but it's amazing how many are clueless. My husband directed a choir for many years and he had a teen who was tone deaf try out. When he didn't make it in, he was pretty upset and kept trying to prove that he was "good". He brought tapes of himself that were HORRIBLE and even entered the local talent show to prove he could sing. People in the audience were snickering but he still wasn't deterred. Finally, he had his mother come and complain. She said she knew he could sing because he'd sung in several homeschool choral groups and was getting voice lessons. My husband was very gracious but remained firm and said there were many other things that the teen was talented at but singing just wasn't one of them. After sitting in the row in front of his mother in church one Sunday, I finally figured out WHY she thought her son could sing. Mommy is tone deaf too!

I liked Luke too. Didn't mind Justin and I liked Tyler too. Like I said to the hubby last night, the women are coming out on top so far. No Adam's for me yet though :( *though I doubt anything will be better than him for me*

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

American Idol 9 January 12, 2010 - Boston Auditions!

January 12, 2010 08:02:08 by Candace Young

Tonight on FOX the eagerly awaited new season of American Idol kicks off with auditions in Boston, Massachusetts. Victoria Beckham sits in as guest judge along with Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi, and Randy Jackson. Ryan Seacrest tells us to expect great things from this season! Keep reading to find out what all the highlights are from Boston tonight!

Day 1

Contestant Janet McNamara, who has practiced on the American Idol Karaoke game, kicks things off with a grueling version of Pocketful of Sunshine. Janet leaves the room cursing good-naturedly after all the judges give her

My top three from last night were Maddy, Tyler, Justin. Victoria Beckam was a waste of space and she looks awful, imo. I don't miss Paula's judging but, I certainly miss the love/hate "thing" going on between her and Simon.

so justin is pretty much a lock to advance this year pass hollywood week :)

i totally thought this was his first year trying out

sad story plus good looks = no way he doesnt make top 12

like i mentioned above i found him cheesy basically using his good looks to sell the song

MTV article about Justin Williams

justinwilliams.com

Yep, here's an article about Justin AND his website- which only further solidifies my thought that he was canned early last year so he could be a "golden" boy this season. It kinda irritates me that they do this kind of stuff but, I have to admit, the guy can sing. I like him better singing the Buble/Groban stuff he used to do when he lived in the Valley (AZ). Seems like he's trying to give himself more of an "edge" now...