• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll probably see Russell on the reality circuit. Lafayette can be a tough town and the cops are especially rigid. They have to be. Cajuns party like no others I have seen. Seriously, cher. When they scream, "laissez faire les bon temps roulez, " they are not kidding.

But wait, there's more!!!

Another Survivor Star Busted in Bayou Country

Today 9:35 AM PDT by Josh Grossberg

Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images

Something fishy is going on in the land of the crawdaddy.

First, Survivor: Samoa runner-up and current Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains baddie Russell Hantz gets arrested last week at a Lafayette, La., nightclub for allegedly shoving a woman to the ground.

Now, Kenward "Boo" Bernis, who competed on Survivor: Fiji back in 2007, has been busted in the same town for allegedly assaulting another female at Bootleggers Bar

I hate to see a perfectly good idol wasted.

But I guess is better to use it and not need it that not use it and need it. Just ask James.

Specially after Parv's double idol move... He was leary so it was a good yet unnecessary after the fact move to play the idol... He is smart not to trust Sandra though...

Besides, he will get it back...

TEAM RUPPET"GOD OF SURVIVOR IDOLS"MASTER!!

So what if he is cocky, If not for players like him this game would be boring and probably cancelled long before 20, or whatever season this is...

:2thumbsup: absolutely right.

I thought girls liked cocky guys...

:dots:

Anywho...Russell looks like he's gonna be bullying everyone next episode. I think his game may finally fall apart.

I've been a fan of Russell for the past two seasons and have been trying hard this season to remain a supporter. I still am, but when I saw the previews for next week, and him telling HIS alliance they'd be the next to go.... Tsk tsk. I know that's how Russell has been the whole time, but he just seems horrible next week. How dare ONE man tell people they'll be the next to go when he's just ONE (powerless) person. But, that's how he made it to the end last season.

Russell looks like he's gonna be bullying everyone next episode. I think his game may finally fall apart.

Or hit into entertainment overdrive... :popcorn:

I've been a fan of Russell for the past two seasons and have been trying hard this season to remain a supporter. I still am, but when I saw the previews for next week, and him telling HIS alliance they'd be the next to go.... Tsk tsk. I know that's how Russell has been the whole time, but he just seems horrible next week. How dare ONE man tell people they'll be the next to go when he's just ONE (powerless) person. But, that's how he made it to the end last season.

I'm with ya all the way on your comment.

As much as I love Russel's game play if he makes it to the end he can again kiss the $$$ goodbye and wonder why.

I think they tell him to act that way. Nobody can be that stupid - especially knowing people are watching him make an ass of himself. Again. People I know who watch Survivor don't even mention him much anymore - some of them liked him; some didn't. His act is tired and I hope they retire him (for awhile, anyway) after Survivors vs Villains. However, I hope they come up with someone equally dastardly with whom to entertain us. I just do not want it to be Russell Hantz, anymore. Sorry, Russell. Take a break, hon. Get back to managing your unlocateable billion dollar oil business.

I don't know if this has been discussed in the previous 10 pages on Russell but does anyone else find it interesting that either Russell is not looking for idols like he did on his season before the clues and/or that they are not showing him looking.

Honestly he is one of the best players I have seen in a long time (I think Yau Man was my last real favorite). I could watch Russell play immunity idols all day long. I really would like to see him have time to try to outdo Parvarti's play. Yesterday's play was feeble for Russell - I would have done it too but Parvarti's double play could elevate Russell to all new levels of Hidden Immunitydom.

I agree with Slim that Russel's told how to act. If he's smart enough to own a million plus business in Texas and a bar along "the strip" in Lafayette, La. (I"ve been there) he's got to know he has NO chance of winning if he makes it to the finals. Like him or not I find him to be a smart man (or troll).

Johnny Fairplay has made a good living being an asshole. It's quite possible Russel has borrowed a page from Johnny's playbook and is hoping for reality gold. He made 100k on season 19 plus whatever he gets this season. He could easily make a good living as the biggest Survivor villian ever. Smart move long term on his part.

I'm Ok with that as long as I don't see him spread out in Playgirl. :animated_shocking:

It still seems Russell doesn't understand the social part of this game. It will be his downfall again....some people just don't learn from their past mistakes!

How could he? He didn't KNOW that he hadn't won his season when he was filming HvV.

I don't know if this has been discussed in the previous 10 pages on Russell but does anyone else find it interesting that either Russell is not looking for idols like he did on his season before the clues and/or that they are not showing him looking.

Honestly he is one of the best players I have seen in a long time (I think Yau Man was my last real favorite). I could watch Russell play immunity idols all day long. I really would like to see him have time to try to outdo Parvarti's play. Yesterday's play was feeble for Russell - I would have done it too but Parvarti's double play could elevate Russell to all new levels of Hidden Immunitydom.

Probably because last season the other players were so boring, they had plenty of time to show Russell doing all sorts of things. This season they have so much more to work with.

I agree with Slim that Russel's told how to act. If he's smart enough to own a million plus business in Texas and a bar along "the strip" in Lafayette, La. (I"ve been there) he's got to know he has NO chance of winning if he makes it to the finals. Like him or not I find him to be a smart man (or troll).

Johnny Fairplay has made a good living being an asshole. It's quite possible Russel has borrowed a page from Johnny's playbook and is hoping for reality gold. He made 100k on season 19 plus whatever he gets this season. He could easily make a good living as the biggest Survivor villian ever. Smart move long term on his part.

I'm Ok with that as long as I don't see him spread out in Playgirl. :animated_shocking:

I suppose you just buy it for the articles....

I loved my brother's 1978 Playmate of the Year issue with Debra Jo Fondren as the Playmate. She had beautiful blonde hair to her knees and hailed from Russell's neck of the woods; Beaumont, Texas.

How do you know it his bar and how do you know he owns part of a multimillion oil business. He apparently just got enough money to get his front teeth fixed and that's only $4000 to $5000.

I will admt that on the other hand even if your getting an dental implant you don't have a tooth for a period of time.

How do you know it his bar and how do you know he owns part of a multimillion oil business. He apparently just got enough money to get his front teeth fixed and that's only $4000 to $5000.

I am assuming all the news reports concerning Russel are correct. It was reported in the news that a former Survivor contestant was arrested at a bar in Lafayette, La. that is owned by Russel.

No one has discounted this fact nor has anyone proven Russels claim that he earned 1.7 million from a tankerman business he has in Texas to be false.

Judging from the large number of Russel haters out there surely by now someone would have checked out the news stories and Russel's claims and if they were not true plastered that info on the internet. To date I have seen nothing to the contrary.

How could he? He didn't KNOW that he hadn't won his season when he was filming HvV.

Sorry, SugarB. You have explained this fact way more than you should have had to; and I keep totally forgetting it. :hammer:

I am assuming all the news reports concerning Russel are correct. It was reported in the news that a former Survivor contestant was arrested at a bar in Lafayette, La. that is owned by Russel.

No one has discounted this fact nor has anyone proven Russels claim that he earned 1.7 million from a tankerman business he has in Texas to be false.

Judging from the large number of Russel haters out there surely by now someone would have checked out the news stories and Russel's claims and if they were not true plastered that info on the internet. To date I have seen nothing to the contrary.

I sort of did prove that he didn't make 1.7 million from the oil company last season... The company is reported to have made only 2 million, with overhead, and the fact that he owns the company with his father and brother, It's not possible that he alone made 1.7 million. I could check D&B number though...