image host
Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Biggest Loser 9

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'The Biggest Loser' gets even bigger

By Rick Porter

December 14, 2009 11:23 AM

The ninth edition of "The Biggest Loser" will feature one of the show's largest casts ever -- in more ways than one.

The NBC series will kick off its new cycle Tuesday, Jan. 5 with a return to the "Couples" format, with 11 two-person teams of family members competing to see who can shed the most pounds. The 22 people taking part in show matches the number of people who began season 7 at the ranch (season 3 had contestants from all 50 states, but only 14 stayed on camera at the ranch while the other 36 lost weight at home).

The show will also feature its heaviest contestant ever. Michael Ventrella, a 31-year-old DJ from Chicago, began the show at 526 pounds. He's competing with his mother, Maria.

Twin brothers James and John Crutchfield of Orlando, meanwhile, weigh in at a combined total of just under 1,000 pounds (James is 485, John 484). Both brothers and Michael Ventrella weigh more than the show's previous heaviest contestant, Shay Sorrells, who began the fall season at 476 pounds.

Host Allison Sweeney and trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels will return for the new season.

Wow 526 punds? That's so sad. :( I hope he doesn't whine and cry as much as Shay though.

Do the seasons usually air back to back like this?

Yeah they usually follow each other pretty quickly...

Tonight!

and I like it airing so close together.. this is one of the only shows that can actually do that and still survive.

Join us in chat, 8pm eastern for The Biggest Loser: Couples...we will hang around after and discuss the couples.

Truthfully now, how many of you will eat while watching??!!

Join us in chat, 8pm eastern for The Biggest Loser: Couples...we will hang around after and discuss the couples.

LOL! I honestly don't know how it happened, but my bf and I almost always ended up eating dinner around 8 during the last season. It did always help me eat less though. :P

Yes one of my favorites. To much crying but still love to see the results!

I was eating ice cream and M&M's! :animated_rotfl:

Once I start seeing more results, then I will rethink eating or not eating during the show.