Russell Hantz - Part 2

Dade

Best VPN Service (English Banners)
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just gotta say it... If you think they taped season 20 without Russell, the "biggest" villain to ever play the game (his words not mine, Johnny Fairplay will always hold that title in my mind), then somethings worng... He's this season's cash cow for pity's sake... In my personal opinion they can't have a villains vs hero's without Russell, and Coach too LOL that's going to be something else to watch in my opinon...

Coach is a joke...He was fired as a coach here in Missouri...And that ego of his was so bad that even the people in church groaned when he walked in for fear of another "me" story...Last I heard he had left the state to move to callaforny...

I wasn't a fan of Russell's from the start, but his commitment to mastering the game impressed me to the point that I had to agree that he played the game better than any of the others. However, I understand his disappointment at losing the game, but he is so bitter that it is almost out of character. Apparently there was some "discussion" amongst some of the players about the sock burning since he came prepared with a replacement pair. Handing them to Jaison would have been way more humorous than tossing them into the fire. He seemed so rattled and angry last night. But, then again, I haven't walked in those shoes so it is just my meager observation for what it's worth.

I don't think that social as the game went along had so much to do with it as did Russell's ridiculous attitude when campaigning for votes. That was the time to bring out a little humble and I think he would and could have won. It wasn't his way and it possibly cost him the million AND the win. Not everybody is impressed with constant self-praise and Russell is 150% guilty of that. It gets old. He should have won but he should have "played the game," until the game was actually over.

That said, I think that Survivor's judging system is seriously flawed. I have no solution for it but one way or another, the person who plays the better game better consider votes if they want to be "sole survivor," or they might end up chewing on very sour grapes as did the "Ruppermaster".

Finally, I think that Russell is VERY upset and his poor loser stance - even this morning - is a terrible lesson and I am disappointed in him. It brings to mind the Khanye West debacle. There is a time and place, people.

Agreed. Nobody wanted to give the win to a pompous ass and he should have known that he needed the jury. Russell was just so sure of his win. He lost because of his cocky self.

and the funny thing is he will probably will never "get it". Russell today is still whining about not winning and probably will be years to come.

Let America be the only judge, jury, executioner...

No way. We're not out there playing the game. We only are privy to what the producers want us to know. Letting America be the sole judge would be a disaster. I don't even like the "America's Choice" prize.

A part of the game is social. You have to play knowing people will be voting. While Russell was so good at the manipulation his ego did not allow him to remember the social game.

It cost him a win.

Natalie didn't play a great game but she did attach herself to Russell and stayed loyal to him and no one was mad at her.

That is what makes it a game.

In my opinion Russ's biggest error is when he was screwing with his own team. By the merge most of his team was gone, and the jury pool filled up with people that didn't like him at all. If he would have inspired his team and won challanges he might have had people in the jury that would have voted for him. But he got all his potential votes out early.

Russ screwed himself by thinking that the jury would vote on gameplay no vote with emotions. But I have to admit, to see Russ has a little chit fit last night made it all worth while!!

Well this could possibly change how the game is played. Will we see more 'hidden' idols found before a clue is given out? I don't really know what goes on in the show behind the scenes but it would seem like they would have ample time to search. Will the 'strong' player take a 'weaker' / 'follower' with them to the end? I have not seen every 20 seasons of the show (maybe 5 the most) but I can't wait for how or if this season could possibly change how this 'game' of survivor is played.

Coach is a joke...He was fired as a coach here in Missouri...And that ego of his was so bad that even the people in church groaned when he walked in for fear of another "me" story...Last I heard he had left the state to move to callaforny...

Oh God ChiefSlapaho! I don't even want Coach out here in Cali....... :animated_shocking:

I thought Coach was and is delusional.......I hate to say this but I'd kinda like to see Coach and Russel on the same team...... :lol:

jmho :pixiedust:

You can't go into a merge with the odds 8:4 and play a social game. Russell and the rest of Foa had to be brutal in ousting Galu. All Natalie did was hide behind Russ. Yeah she had a hand in getting Erik out, but that was small compared to Russell's game. Some people hate Russell that they can't see he did what he had to do. There's no way he was going to make friends on Galu while ousting them. Yeah I agree he should have checked his cockiness at the door of tribal, but he didn't. That's his fault and it cost him. But even if he was Mr Humble, the bitterness in Galu was deep. He probably would have still lost.

AHHH a new day and all is right with the world and Russell is still survivors biggest LOSER!

How sad it was to see the little hobbit begging and willing to pay for the title he didnt win!

If he is in the Good vs Evil i bet he goes early.

When the merge happened and it was 8:4 ya gotta wonder why and how that happened. Hmmmm, let's ask Russel !

Russell was responsible for losing all those challenges? I saw him playing hard to win. He didn't want to lose people, but when someone had to go he was sure it was someone he wanted gone. I don't think his choices weakend his team. The 8:4 merge wasn't his fault. You may try to counter that he broke the teams morale by burning socks or whatever, but I think Galu was just a better team at challenges.

If he is in the Good vs Evil i bet he goes early.

The season 20 Hero's vs Villians has already been done. No one in that cast had a chance to see Russell's season so they were at a distinct disadvantage. I am sure a few of you will be very happy to watch his escapades again!

Russell was responsible for losing all those challenges? I saw him playing hard to win. He didn't want to lose people, but when someone had to go he was sure it was someone he wanted gone. I don't think his choices weakend his team. The 8:4 merge wasn't his fault. You may try to counter that he broke the teams morale by burning socks or whatever, but I think Galu was just a better team at challenges.

I guess I won't counter by saying he broke their morale by burning socks or whatever. :animated_rotfl:

You can't go into a merge with the odds 8:4 and play a social game. Russell and the rest of Foa had to be brutal in ousting Galu. All Natalie did was hide behind Russ. Yeah she had a hand in getting Erik out, but that was small compared to Russell's game. Some people hate Russell that they can't see he did what he had to do. There's no way he was going to make friends on Galu while ousting them. Yeah I agree he should have checked his cockiness at the door of tribal, but he didn't. That's his fault and it cost him. But even if he was Mr Humble, the bitterness in Galu was deep. He probably would have still lost.

Yup!!

Yep Russell is the biggest crybaby in Survivor history. What a jerk.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Admittedly, I haven't read all the posts - from what I have read, those persons FOR Russell all along continue to be; and vice versa. I still believe that Russell - supposedly the master manipulator (his own lips) - could have spent more time trying to sway the jury rather than growing cockier by the moment. He just went on too much about how wonderful he is, yada yada. Seriously. He was brilliant at Survivor but his strategy didn't work well enough for him to win the million and a pretty little blonde who "rode on his back," took it from him in the final moments of the game.

I think that some of you expect Russell to be different than he is and I just don't think that is Russell. It is apparently anathema for him to be different than he is so it isn't going to happen. And, BTW, all those people voting for him to win and applauding him were not in the game with him. That personality of his HAS to be more fun on the outside looking-in.

Russell definitely made Survivor Samoa interesting. At least he didn't go away empty-handed for his efforts.

Russell was the most interesting character on the series. I hated him for a long time but he kept playing the game 24/7. The Jury were just a bunch of bitter losers. Sure, Russell was too whiney at the "reunion". Russell, perhaps, should have taken Shambo instead of Nat to F3, although I don't think that Jury would have ever voted for Russell. Had I been a Russell victim I would have grudgingly voted him the winner because he did play the best game. IMO Monica and that balding dude with the remnants of a pony tail were the two most all around repulstive critters on that show. Although all the women did clean up really good for the finale, except for Shambo who looked about the same! She was probably the most entertaining of all the females on this season, but that ain't saying much.

IMO, giving Nat the money despite her riding on Russell's coattails, means she still profited from his "bad" deeds. So by that standard it's "dirty" money.

Also, Mr. ponytail has to be the most out of shape "fitness instructors" I have ever seen!

It doesn't matter how good your strategy is to get to the final if you don't have a strategy to get jury votes. He did the worst job imaginable because his ego wouldn't let him do otherwise. He thinks he played a great social game because he manipulated, but being a braggart isn't such a smart social game, imo.