Where are the Cell Phones ?

Guest bobflow

Guest Anonymous

I don't think they are allowed. Otherwise it would change the dynamics of the race with people calling ahead to make flights etc. They can do that now but they have to stop to do it.

Guest cappy
I seen people last season use them on the train. I think they are allowed to be used, just not carried around while traveling.

Guest Anonymous

I've seen them borrow a cell from someone -- but I don't know that I've ever seen them carrying one.

Guest bobflow

Some more information

There is a long rulebook, which has not been made public.I have not seen it, but have questioned several racers about it.Racers are not allowed to bring cell phones or most other electronic equipment, and during the race they are not allowed to attempt to contact anyone they had known before the race.

Racers have used cell phone (most often borrowed from taxi drivers)many times. In one episode (the final episode of the first season) one team paid a passer-by to give them their cell phone, promising to return it to them after the race.I don't know for sure, but I suspect that teams would be allowed to buy a cell phone, if they could afford to do so out of their allotment of cash.

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.