Episode 6.08: Recon (Sawyer-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 6.08: Recon

Airdate: Winter 2010

• 11/14 - Seamus: Any ethnicity, 30s-40s. A scientist with some physicality to him. Not afraid to take charge and give orders. Looking for someone interesting. Possible recurring. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 6.08: Recon

Airdate: March 16, 2010

• 12/13/09 - Selena: Any ethnicity, early 30s. A striking beauty who knows how to use it, mischievous, confident in tense situations. Ends up in bed with an attractive man, all by her own choosing. But after corporate negotiations, she finds the terms of the deal have changed and doesn't know who to trust to save her job. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 2 months later...

My main question from tonight's episode is: what is in the locked room on the sub? They made it like it was something-or someone-really important. I'm wondering if Desmond could be in there! He has to come back somehow and It makes sense that Widmore would be the one to force him back. I can't wait to find out!

I'm also wondering who Miles' ("the cop") girlfriend will turn out to be in the alt universe (If it's important). Wouldn't it be hysterical if it turned out to be Ana Lucia? :animated_rotfl:

The part that really hit me as weird was why and how Sawyer would choose "Lafleur" as the "safe" word in the flash-forward.

(When it turned out he actually WAS/will be a cop, I actually laughed out loud.)

I also liked how he openly played the two big dogs against each other, setting himself up to win a trip home either way.

OH! And at one point there is a guy with an Irish-y accent at the police station, looking to bail out his brother. Are we supposed to recognize him, because I didn't. But I did imagine that this could very well be Charlie's brother, yet we didn't find out later, did we?

OH! And at one point there is a guy with an Irish-y accent at the police station, looking to bail out his brother. Are we supposed to recognize him, because I didn't. But I did imagine that this could very well be Charlie's brother, yet we didn't find out later, did we?

Yes, that was Liam, Charlie's brother, which means that Charlie is being held in the same jail where Sawyer and Miles (and maybe Ana Lucia?) work...and now Kate is going to be a prisoner in the same jail? Hmm...the connections are coming fast and furious now in the flash sideways/alt universe!

The part that really hit me as weird was why and how Sawyer would choose "Lafleur" as the "safe" word in the flash-forward.

Yeah, it did me too. My son seems to think that it's just one of those weird similarities to show us that it's the same person and yet living a very different life. I'm wondering if it's more of a deja vu-ish thing for alt Sawyer and that's why he used the word?

And it seems that along with daddy issues, now mommy issues are coming up: MIB/Fake Locke has a crazy mom, as did Locke, and now Claire is "crazy". Or is this just a "smoke" screen? :animated_scratchchin:

All I know is, someone needs to make a youtube montage of all the main characters from each episode this season looking at their reflections in mirrors, glass doors, microwave ovens, and broken glass, lol! "Through the Looking Glass" was a title of an episode last season (which relates to Alice in Wonderland) and reflections and water seem to be huge hints/themes: Submarines, island under water, station under water, etc., and I've always wondered about the scene from a previous season where Widmore leaves the water running in the bathroom after Desmond confronts him. I don't know about you but I feel like it's all there in front of me-the pieces of the puzzle needed to solve the show's big mysteries-but I just can't quite see it. So irritating and yet so enjoyable at the same time!!

Here's a funny clip of "puppet Pierre Chang's" recap of this episode:

Lost Untangled: Recon

That's right, it's flash-sideways now. I forgot.

And I can't remember whether Charlie's brother actually said the charges were drug-related or not, but I think he did, which is probably why I thought it was Charlie.

And now I remember the mirror thing, too. It was very pronounced, and I just knew Sawyer was going to smash that mirror.

Earlier, I noticed two other references to rabbits. (And maybe there were more that I missed, like when Sawyer and whats-her-face were doing their thing? LOL.)

One was a book on the dresser at Sawyer's house, the other was when Sawyer walked up to Kate at the campfire and asked her what she was roasting in the fire for supper, to which she replied "rabbit".

I think I only noticed these things because last week I read something posted about the references to Alice in Wonderland.