43rd Annual CMA Awards

Dade

43rd Annual Country Music Association Awards

brad_carrie273x200.jpg

Wednesday, November 11 at 8/7c on ABC

The reigning CMA Male and Female Vocalists of the Year, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, will reunite to host "The 43rd Annual CMA Awards." This will be the second consecutive time that Paisley and Underwood have hosted "Country Music's Biggest Night." The 43rd Annual CMA Awards will be broadcast live from the Sommet Center in Nashville, Tennessee on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11 from 8:00-11:00 p.m., ET on the ABC Television Network.

"I am thrilled to get the chance to co-host the CMAs for a second time with my pal, Carrie," said Paisley. "This year we'll pull out all the stops, like a miniature poodle balancing act, tightrope walking, and a new world record for the number of costume changes by my co-host. Don't miss it!"

"I regret to inform Brad that I do not have a poodle, and I would appreciate it if he asks me permission before he tries on all my dresses this year," responded Underwood. "But all kidding aside, I'm really excited to be hosting again this year with Brad, as we celebrate another wonderful year of Country Music! It's going to be a great show!"

"The 43rd Annual CMA Awards" is a production of the Country Music Association. Robert Deaton is the executive producer. Paul Miller is the director. David Wild is the writer. The special will be shot in high definition and broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound.

Performers For "The 43rd Annual Country Music Association Awards"

The star-packed lineup for "The 43rd Annual CMA Awards" launches with the announcement today that nominees Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, George Strait, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban will perform.

Brooks & Dunn are nominated this year for Vocal Duo and Musical Event with McEntire for "Cowgirls Don't Cry." Chesney, the reigning Entertainer of the Year, has three nominations, including Entertainer; Male Vocalist; and Musical Event with Mac McAnally for "Down the Road."

McEntire has two nominations, including Female Vocalist and Musical Event with Brooks & Dunn for "Cowgirls Don't Cry." Rucker, who released his debut solo Country album in 2008, received his first two CMA nominations this year for New Artist and Male Vocalist.

Paisley, the reigning Male Vocalist, is this year's top-nominated artist with seven nominations, including Entertainer; Male Vocalist; Album for "American Saturday Night," Single and Song for "Then," and Musical Event and Music Video for "Start a Band" with Urban.

Country Music Hall of Fame member Strait received four nominations, including Entertainer; Male Vocalist; Music Video for "Troubadour," and Musical Event for "Everything But Quits" with Lee Ann Womack. With 79 career nominations, Strait is now tied with Alan Jackson as the most nominated artist in CMA Awards history.

Sugarland, the reigning Vocal Duo, has two nominations including Vocal Duo and Album for "Love on the Inside." Sugarland members Kristian Bush and Jennifer Nettles could each receive a second trophy for producing "Love on the Inside" with Byron Gallimore.

Swift, who won the Horizon Award in 2007, received four nominations this year with Entertainer; Female; Album for "Fearless," and Music Video for "Love Story." She could receive a second trophy for producing "Fearless" with Nathan Chapman. At age 19, Swift is the youngest artist ever to be nominated for Entertainer.

Prior to this nomination, Wynonna was the youngest at age 22, when The Judds were first nominated in that category in 1986. Swift is also the first solo female artist to be nominated for Entertainer since 2000, when Faith Hill was nominated. The last solo female artist to win the category was Shania Twain in 1999.

43_CMA_Logo240.jpg

43rd Annual Country Music Association Awards

(Winners Will Be Highlighted In Red)

Entertainer of the Year

Kenny Chesney

Brad Paisley

George Strait

Taylor Swift

Keith Urban

Female Vocalist of the Year

Miranda Lambert

Martina McBride

Reba McEntire

Taylor Swift

Carrie Underwood

Male Vocalist of the Year

Kenny Chesney

Brad Paisley

Darius Rucker

George Strait

Keith Urban

New Artist of the Year

Randy Houser

Jamey Johnson

Jake Owen

Darius Rucker

Zac Brown Band

Vocal Group of the Year

Eagles

Lady Antebellum

Little Big Town

Rascal Flatts

Zac Brown Band

Vocal Duo of the Year

Big & Rich

Brooks & Dunn

Joey + Rory

Montgomery Gentry

Sugarland

Single of the Year

(Award Goes to Artist and Producer)

"Chicken Fried"

Zac Brown Band

Produced by Keith Stegall

Atlantic Records

"I Run To You"

Lady Antebellum

Produced by Victoria Shaw and Paul Worley

Capitol Records Nashville

"In Color"

Jamey Johnson

Produced by The Kent Hardly Playboys

Mercury Nashville

"People Are Crazy"

Billy Currington

Produced by Carson Chamberlain and Billy Currington

Mercury Nashville

"Then"

Brad Paisley

Produced by Frank Rogers and Chris DuBois

Arista Nashville

Album of the Year

(Award Goes to Artist and Producer)

"American Saturday Night"

Brad Paisley

Produced by Frank Rogers and Chris DuBois

Arista Nashville

"Defying Gravity"

Keith Urban

Produced by Dann Huff and Keith Urban

Capitol Records Nashville

"Fearless"

Taylor Swift

Produced by Nathan Chapman and Taylor Swift

Big Machine Records

"Love On The Inside"

Sugarland

Produced by Byron Gallimore, Kristian Bush, and Jennifer Nettles

Mercury Nashville

"That Lonesome Song"

Jamey Johnson

Produced by The Kent Hardly Playboys

Mercury Records

Song of the Year

(Award Goes to Songwriter and Primary Publisher)

"Chicken Fried"

Zac Brown/Wyatt Durrette

"I Told You So"

Randy Travis

"In Color"

Jamey Johnson/Lee Thomas Miller/James Otto

"People Are Crazy"

Bobby Braddock/Troy Jones

"Then"

Brad Paisley/Chris DuBois/Ashley Gorley

Musical Event of the Year

(Award Goes to Each Artist)