V (the new version)

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

So what did you think?

I wasn't crazy about the beginning but it got better by the end of the first episode. I'll definitely give it another week or two.

Elizabeth Mitchell and the guy that plays the hot priest are definitely the best things about the show-hands down.

I just KNEW that Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Serenity) was going to turn out to be one of the evil lizard aliens. My husband kept telling me no way, and was so mad when I turned out to be right! :P

That actor that plays the younger priest...:faint:

Why do all the recent science fiction shows seem to have an annoying teenager/young adult that you want to slap upside the head? The son of Elizabeth Mitchell's character is so freaking annoying! When he basically told her that it was her fault that she was never around, even after she said she'd always be there for him, I wanted to scream "it's because she has to work for a living to support YOU, you selfish little twit!"

Oh, and did I mention the hot priest? :drool:

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

V Episode Recap: "Pilot"

Nov 4, 2009 09:25 AM ET by Scott Tomasso

Watch Episode

In the series premiere of V, it's finally happened. The Visitors have arrived. Now, I have to be honest with you, I was a fan of the original V television series when it aired back in 1984. It may have been my yearning for a "Star Wars" type of show (Return of the Jedi was released in 1983) or because quite frankly there just wasn't anything else on at the time for a young lad like myself to enjoy. Who knows? I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I've had extremely high expectations for this "re-imagining" since it was first announced. With that being said...the show started out with a bang! Well a rumble anyway. The Visitors came with a trusted and true message: We come in peace. But by the end, it's quite clear...peace is not what they came for.

14 minutes in...

We pretty much know everything we need to know. Anna (strange name for an alien) introduces herself to the world on a giant monitor that makes the ones in Cowboys Stadium look like mobile phone screens. It's hard to be skeptical about her intentions when she seems so darn nice. (And attractive too as our good friend Chad Decker (played by Scott Wolf) points out in the alien's first public appearance with the press.) We also learn that they are here for water and some unnamed "abundant source" they need to sustain life. Which reminds me, didn't anybody watch "War of the Worlds?" Lastly, we find out that religion is going to play a big part in the grand scheme of things. And why not? After all, how CAN God and aliens exist in the same world, right? It will be interesting to see how the show addresses the issue.

P.S. Not crazy about the kid who plays the son. Am I the only one who feels that way?

28 minutes in...

The miracles

Wow Dade! I knew there were a few things that I missed in the first episode and was planning to rewatch it but thanks to you, I don't have to now. You answered a few questions that I had that warranted me watching it again. Now I can spend the time watching a few other shows that I have DVR'd.

I am definitely in this for the long haul! I thoroughly enjoyed the original show and am very happy that it's back new and improved!

Thank you!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

V Episode Recap: "There Is No Normal Anymore"

Nov 11, 2009 09:03 AM ET by Scott Tomasso

On this week's V, Erica and Father Jack are torn over who they can...and cannot trust.

9 minutes in...

Well, we're off and running. And for Erica and Father Jack, they're literally off and running. When the Vs send a ground crew to clean up the mess (i.e., dead bodies in the warehouse), Erica makes an "anonymous" call from a nearby payphone to the police. Only problem is...the call was being traced by the V's. The next thing Erica and Father Jack know, a blue orb is hot on their tail. Now, I'm sure a flying blue orb is terrifying on whatever planet the Vs come from, but they were clearly unaware that Erica was the star hitter on her college softball team here on earth. One solid swing later, Erica obliterates the orb with a homerun hit. The incident is just another reminder that neither she nor Father Jack can trust anyone.

When Erica gets home, Tyler is nowhere to be found. Of course he's not. He's out having a great time with his new friends. A noise, however, startles Erica. An intruder? Did someone follow her home? She grabs a baseball bat (one of the producers must be a baseball fan) and nearly takes the culprits head off. Luckily, it's just Tyler. I can't tell you how badly I wanted to see her swing away. THAT would have made an even better episode. Anyway, Erica tells him that she wants him to stop having any contact with the Vs and he surprisingly says OK. But we all know it's a big fat lie. His hormones ARE flying through the roof for crying out loud. There's no way he's not seeing Lisa