The Law Firm

gambit3131

I watched it too gambit... my sentiments exactly... MORONS!!! :evil:

But, the show it's self I liked. The two that were dismissed were the right two imo. Especially the woman... how she make the show is beyond me... I could have done better than that!!!

Their preview for week 2 showed the eliminated players BEFORE they were eliminated. NBC wins the award for giving away too much in a preview. MORONS!!!

I watched it and I must have missed the promo so if you don't want to give it away to everyone, please PM me the eliminations. Thanks. I tend to agree with the two eliminations for this week but I could definitely see the woman you're talking about being a close second (third?) to go.

I'm not sure I'd want my legal case argued by a bunch of young lawyers in a reality-based competition. It would be nice if they took on cases of the less fortunate who can not afford to pay for proper legal representation. This way, it would be for a good cause at least. I still miss "Law & Order: Crime and Punishment" from the NBC schedule but I think I was in the minority based on the ratings.

They didn't show next weeks elimination. The promo started out something like "2 down (and they showed the pictures of who was eliminated this week)". This promo was placed prior to the actual eliminations. So, if you watched 55 minutes of the show, the whole ending was spoiled because of the promo. NBC has gotten terrible with what they show in promos and giving away too much.

I thought the show was ok. I realize these first two cases were pretty simple. I was disappointed in how much/little they showed of getting prepared for the case. It was mostly each lawyer trying to assert themselves. Like that one guy saying, "I do cases by myself". He's a good lawyer, I liked his cross examination, but this whole thing is about team work. If you can't adapt, then go home.

Thanks for clearing that up. I missed the promo so I'm glad I didn't see it but yes, NBC blew it! Most people don't want to know the outcome because it makes it anti-climatic.

I'm willing to give this show another chance but as they say, 'the jury is still out!' LOL! I found a review on the show that I'll post later. Basically, the reviews I've seen so far have been mixed so either the show needs to pick better cases or go the way of "Law & Order: Crime and Punishment."

I'm just not sure a television law show with real cases can compete against a scripted law program. Real law cases can be tedious and not very glamorous. Scripted shows can hire writers, actors, make-up staff and lighting crews to pump up the story lines and polish the look of the show. Hard to compete with fast-paced writing when the real wheels of justice turn much, much slower.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The Law Firm

Let me start off by saying I like lawyers. My dad's a lawyer. My sister's a lawyer. I went through a period of time when I thought I wanted to be a lawyer. But wow

Guest ranster627

The Law Firm

Who else is waiting for someone to come on the screen at the end of this whole show and go, "Gotcha! You've been Punk'd." I'd be so happy if they did that because then at least I'd know they didn't really want us to take it seriously. Sure, every promo is about how it's real lawyers, real cases and real people. But then they go and try two cases where the most important words are "eat me" and "dominatrix." You have got to be kidding me! This has to be a joke. I couldn't stop laughing when the judge in the dominatrix case asked about g-strings, pasties and diapers and then proceeded to say he had no experience in this area. Still, I was thankful for him and the nutty judge in the poster case. They at least showed some personality. Well, I guess Olivier did too, but he just showed that he's an idiot and a bit of a pig. Two qualities that really do wonders for the reputations of all those in the legal profession. I wasn't surprised Anika got nixed since she totally messed up, but I was sort of shocked that Elizabeth was also dismissed because I didn't even know she was on the show. I swear they didn't show her before the pseudo-boardroom scene. On a positive note, at least they're getting rid of them of two at a time. Can you imagine if we had to sit through 16 weeks of this?

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: I cannot believe what NBC did during the premiere of The Law Firm! I have never witnessed something so egregious in reality television. They actually aired a preview for the next episode, which showed who was eliminated in the premiere before the episode was over and the people were eliminated! I just do not understand how that could happen. Sorry, just had to rant and would love to hear your opinion on this ridiculous TV low. Now NBC is compromising its own show for advertising?

Matt Roush: Jeez, I was hoping this letter was a slam against the show itself, not the promos. I watched an advance tape of this one, so I didn't see the actual broadcast or the promos, and this is the only complaint I heard about it. I suppose I would care more if I gave a shrug about the show itself, but if this is true, that is beyond sloppy and you have every right to be upset. But really, more egregious than The Swan? Or Who's Your Daddy? I guess the point here is that the only thing more shameless than reality TV itself is the reckless marketing of it.

Variety.com

NBC Verdict In: 'Law Firm' Out

by Josef Adalian

wagt_the_law_firm.jpg

Managing Partner Roy Black of

NBC's 'The Law Firm'

It's case closed for David E. Kelley's "The Law Firm." The peacock network has decided to pull the plug on the legal-themed reality series after two low-rated episodes. The most recent segment contributed to NBC finishing in fifth place last Thursday night, August 4 -- a dramatic fall from grace for a network that once called Thursday night the home of "Must-See TV."

NBC said the remaining episodes of "The Law Firm" will be seen on their sister cable channel, Bravo, which has already been airing repeats of the series. A tersely worded statement announcing the decision said no airdate has been set for the serie's shift to cable. Kelley partnered with Renegade 83 ("Miracle Workers") for "The Law Firm," in a move that represented the successful executive producer's first foray into unscripted TV. Kelley had previously bashed the format, even penning an episode of "The Practice" spoofing the genre.

NBC has had zero luck with reality series this summer, with shows coming and going from the network's schedule. Most recent disappointment is last week's launch of "Meet Mister Mom," which bombed in its first outing. NBC has also burned through a new cycle of "Average Joe," "I Want to Be a Hilton" and "Hit Me Baby One More Time." The reality series, "Hit Me Baby One More Time," actually premiered huge but, in a rarity for reality, faded every week it aired.

NBC's decision to move "The Law Firm" to Bravo is the latest attempt by a network to put a shiny face on a tough situation. Fox dumped "Princes of Malibu" to its sister cable station, Fox Reality. And the Monday edition of the thrice-weekly CBS series, "Rock Star: INXS" just moved to VH1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

The Law Firm

Who else is waiting for someone to come on the screen at the end of this whole show and go, "Gotcha! You've been Punk'd." I'd be so happy if they did that, because then at least I'd know they didn't really want us to take it seriously. Sure, every promo is about how it's real lawyers, real cases and real people. But then they go and try two cases where the most important words are "eat me" and "dominatrix." You have got to be kidding me! This has to be a joke. I couldn't stop laughing when the judge in the dominatrix case asked about G-strings, pasties and diapers and then proceeded to say he had no experience in this area. Still, I was thankful for him and the nutty judge in the poster case. They at least showed some personality. Well, I guess Olivier did too, but he just showed that he's an idiot and a bit of a pig

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

MISTRIAL!: NBC has tossed The Law Firm, David E. Kelley's first foray into reality, out of court after just two low-rated episodes. The remaining four episodes will be banished to sister-network Bravo