The Bachelor: Love Takes Flight - 1/4/10

jersey721

Most seasons, there is a girl who the Bachelor is most attracted to, yet chooses with his head over his heart. I fear this will happen with Gia. You can see the sparks fly when they're together. But Jake will chose safe. I think it will be Tenley.

I hope you're right but I fear that the spoilers are correct. I did like Ali better last night than I have before. She seemed to realize that her behavior was not acceptable and really toned down her comments about Vienna. I think Gia is adorable and if she really is a swimsuit model full time then she might make the best partner for Jake since both then have careers that take them away from each other- a more equitable partnership. But maybe Jake really doesn't want that. I can't figure him out. Sometimes his earnestness seems too put on and sometimes not but if its real then why would he choose either Ali or Vienna who both are obvious manipulators craving for attention. Oh heck- I just know he'll pick who I think is the most unsuitable for him and then break up with her before the "After the Rose" show.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he let her go, I remember her saying "I think you're making a mistake". Glad he realized it and did something about it. Sure it was very hurtful to Melissa, but since then she was on Dancing With The Stars and is now engaged, so she's moved on nicely.

I'll watch them get married!

Well, I don't know where all the Vienna hate comes from, from some of the girls in the house. But I know I don't like her. Part of it is shallow -- I don't like her looks. She is some kind of cross between Tori Spelling and Paris Hilton, neither of which I am a fan. So it's not like I'm saying she's so ugly or anything, but just ... eh... She also seems immature. I can't stand anyone who has been treated like a princess, and has reveled in it. She is 'ick' to me. But is that why the other girls hate her so much? Because Jake spends time with her, and the Vienna I see with Jake is the Vienna that I don't like. So it's not like she has a complete split personality or anything, as far as I can tell. My point is, that he seems to be seeing the same girl that the girls in the house know, and yet he still likes her. So the other girls' concern that Vienna is not right for him, seems out of place. To me, this is a lot different than when the guys were concerned about Wes lying to Jillian.

But in reality, I think Jake is keeping Vienna around because he's supposed to, for Drama's sake. I don't think he really likes her that much. But they want to show her hometown date, and the father who treats her like a princess.

There is something very genuine about Gia that I really like. This kind of worries me, because I think she could be real enough to step away from the show, if it because too much for her. I still think, for many of the girls, they want to win. I think most of them would 'fall in love' with any bachelor presented to them. I get a different feeling from Gia.

I don't like Tenley, and hope she goes soon, because I don't like her voice and I hate her name. Not crazy about Vienna either ( her name), but I don't think she'll be around for too much longer anyway.

I can't stand squeally, bubbly Ali, after last night either. Geez-- did she really ruin her boots, by running into the ocean like that? I assume they were not the Payless BOGO special. Don't most people take their freaking shoes, off before running into the waves? Stupid girl.

I wasn't surprised Corrie left. Did you catch their little spoiler wannabe though? When Jake picked up Ali's picture, right after he said something about having to send someone home? Not subtle at all. But I knew after that, that Ali would definitely not be going home last night.

There was something about Ali that was rubbing me the wrong way. I got the feeling that she may have gotten a call from her company, come back or else, but something was forced about it. Thinking back at the anger she had for Vienna, she seemed a tad conniving. She wanted the commitment then and there in the hotel room and it was kinda pushy. If she really had fallen for him. the choice would have been easy and would have shown him she REALLY was genuine. It looked like a camera show. I tried to look beyond the fact that she kissed him like a fish -- there was no passion in it. It was almost a game to her, like who was more popular in high school. Gia or Tenley would fit him best. Vienna would be a handful and then some.

Way too much Ali tonight. It looked like a bad soap opera audition, IMO. I didn't buy a thing about it. I'm annoyed, but not at all surprised that she will be calling him next week, or sometime in the future.

But her pouty face and bawling were enough to make me really happy she went home. I don't want to see more of her, and I hope they aren't setting her up as the next bachelorette.

I did think her dress at the rose ceremony was super cute though.

Hometown dates are always pretty boring to me. And tough to watch. I couldn't imagine doing anything like that, myself, and I always have to wonder about the people that do. I mean, gross. Your daughter is on some stupid dating show, and you have to meet the guy in front of the cameras, ask stupid... er... I should say questions that will reveal everything you ever needed to know about the guy..

And then him asking all the dads permission to marry his daughter? Have they always done that? I know I have seen it done on this show, but I really don't remember a bachelor asking 4 fathers for their daughters hand in marriage. I guess I didn't see if he asked Gia's dad, or maybe her dad wasn't even there. I don't know.

And I'm noticing more now that thing that bugs Gia so much -- that he does something that a girl will think is special, or unique to her, but he's doing it with all the girls. Like the legs on the lap thing.

Eh... I do pretty well with this show, until it gets to this point. Then I find all the drama a bit staged, and the professions of love ridiculous. I do not for a minute believe that he doesn't know which girl is 'the one' yet. If he doesn't know, then he shouldn't be considering anyone to propose to. Not yet. It's not like picking out a shirt. You really like 2, but can only afford 1, so you weigh the pros and cons of each, and make a decision.

I just can't take all the tears --- I can't take it seriously anymore.

And the fantasy suite dates are disgusting. Disgusting.

I am just getting caught up on past episodes (not read any comments of this thread either). This week I will be caught up. What I don't get, or at least I wouldn't be able to do, is to be emotionally "UP" all the time for all the women. It is like being asked "Be cheery, upbeat, and 100% loving" every moment he is with each woman. They all want to be reassured that he won't dump them, which is understandable, but I shall be blunt about it, it is like asking a man to have great sex with all these women and expect he can "get up it" (if you know what I mean) every time and have intense passion as if he not already had sex 10 minutes before with a different woman. There is only so much any one person can do in a given day. At some point, a bit of acting got to be involved if for no other reason to keep each woman happy. :)

Hi marty....!

Way too much Ali tonight. It looked like a bad soap opera audition, IMO. I didn't buy a thing about it. I'm annoyed, but not at all surprised that she will be calling him next week, or sometime in the future.

Eh... I do pretty well with this show, until it gets to this point. Then I find all the drama a bit staged, and the professions of love ridiculous. I do not for a minute believe that he doesn't know which girl is 'the one' yet. If he doesn't know, then he shouldn't be considering anyone to propose to. Not yet. It's not like picking out a shirt. You really like 2, but can only afford 1, so you weigh the pros and cons of each, and make a decision.

I just can't take all the tears --- I can't take it seriously anymore.

And the fantasy suite dates are disgusting. Disgusting.

LOL..... Yes, while watching the past couple of episodes back-to-back, I seriously wondered if this season of the Bachelor was nothing more than a SOAP audition, especially the last scene between Jake & Ali. Come'on now, let's take a moment and think about this: one women (Ali), during the Rose ceremony, asks to have a private one-on-one with The Bachelor. Seriously!!! So which one of the other women would have not cried FOUL when if anyone other than Ali had been sent home? Nope I'm not buying it for a second, the producers staged the whole damn thing. Sure it makes for great 'faked' reality TV, but the entire show was hyped to a SOAP level of unrealistic melodrama. There might have been some truth\reality in there some where, like Ali choosing to leave for personal reasons, but they had to spin it in a "left him at alter...." SOAP cry-your-eyes-out kind of way. Hell, if this was BB or Survivor, that individual would have been shown as quitter for choosing to walk away from a chance of a life time.

And..... If they add a twist next week where she allowed to come back, I won't be surprised, just like on SOAPs where a characters come back from the dead so often it has become a typical SOAP plot formula, which of course is the primary audience for The Bachelor.

My take on last night:

I didn't like that Jake met Gia's family in a restaurant, and not at their home. Odd.

Ali taking Jake through her dead grandmother's house . . . creepy.

Tenley has a great family, but I don't feel she is over her divorce. She talked about it too much. Plus her dance . . . wtf?? She looked like a little girl performing at one of her parent's parties.

Vienna. . . say what you want about her being a daddy's girl, but at least I got the feeling her dad was honest. Being a daddy's girl myself, I can't fault Vienna for that. What I did find telling, was when her mother told Jake that Vienna has always had problems with girls. That's not good.

Hated Ali's antics, hope she does NOT come back. I don't think the show will pull another "Ed" situation.

I'm team Gia all the way!!

What is "another 'Ed' situation"?

Is that the one where the guy buys the ring and is about to propose, then leaves the woman standing alone as he changes his mind at the very last moment?

I could hardly stomach the Ali home visit and then when she knocked on his door, once they were back in LA... well, let's just say my eyeballs almost got stuck at the top. I call 100% phony bs on this "work is making me choose. From the moment she stood there with her bottom lip pouted out and a fore long face, I knew she was there to manipulate him.

So, I started thinking back through this season and Ali has used a lot of the Bachelor "situation" we've seen. 1.) Manipulating all the girls to go "after" their earliest competition. 2.) Taking the bachelor to visit a dead relative. 3.) Quitting the show, only to return because they made a mistake. 4.) Trying to working him up (sexually) only to leave him hanging...

Ali is the one that's guilty of everything she pointed the finger at Vienna for... Ali is drama and I don't see that as something Jake is really interested in.

Gia seems to be a genuinely good-hearted person... I hope she can open up to Jake but, it may be her down fall that she can't let the wall down yet.

Tenley needs a strong man that will take care of her and be good to her... I hope Jake is that person but, there are times that I see him be quite whimpy so, I'm not sure I even want him to pick Tenley for her sake.

Vienna reminded me why I liked her in the beginning. She's not the prettiest girl in the room but, she's not unattractive, imo she's cute, and you can tell she REALLY likes Jake for who he is. As much as she may be a handful from time to time... I think she's a strong girl and would be there for Jake when he needed someone to lean on. He also seemed very relaxed and comfortable around her. Jake's been labeled with that perfect, nice guy that always finishes last and with Vienna I don't think he would have to be perfect. My biggest hesitation with Vienna is that she is too immature to not run to daddy every time the marriage gets tough...

Anyways, I've decided to root for Jake making the right decision for him... there are really great things about Tenley, Gia and Vienna and so, I hope he chooses wisely. (Goodness, I hope Ali doesn't come back. :lol: )

I am going to agree in general with Ivy, how can't he know (or not know) which one is right woman for him? How long do they tape a season, 6-8 weeks or longer? Maybe not long enough to be 100% certain of who he wants marry, but long enough to eliminate those who are not his soul mate, unless of course, he is not ready to get married period. If he is not ready to get married, then it does not matter if he has, or has not found the perfect woman for him. With his good looks, good career, charming personality, I want to know why he needs to go on The Bachelor to find a wife? Not suggesting there is anything seriously wrong with him, just why did he apply to be on The Bachelor with his apparent overall great qualifications to be a husband\father\etc.

I never buy this whole.... oh my job is going to fire me if i don't go back..... give me a break... you know going in how long this thing is going to be... so either you have taken the appropriate amount of time off or you quit...

Can you imagine if all of a sudden someone on BB or Survivor.... just up and said.... oops I'm going to get fired if I don't go back to work right now.... bye bye now...... give me a break