SPOILERS - General: SEASON 2

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627
Season 2 General Spoilers:
  • 02/25 - Doug Savant, who plays Lynette's husband Tom, will be a regular castmember next season.Source: Insider@TVguide

Guest XandraSkye

So Doug will be a regular. Hmmmm......

I had a feeling they might get divorced and Tom had to take the kids so Lynette could go back to work.

Guest XandraSkye
So do I. I've said that for a while now. And the spoilers have sort of eluded to that fact too.

God, I've been thinking that for a long time too... He must have another family stashed away somewhere... Like father like son, in terms of philandering.... Can you imagine Lynnette's reaction if that were true - she's definitely capable of violence and he would sooooo deserve it!! It's so hard to believe though, cuz he seems like such a nice guy....

• 3 weeks later...

• 04/20 - "Alfre will be central to the prevailing mystery of next season." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TVGuide

04/19 - Mehcad Brooks will be upgraded to main cast members next year. Source: Get Desperate!

04/12 - Alfre Woodard joins Desperate Housewives fulltime in season 2 as a new neighbour. Source: TVGuide

05/09 - Creator Marc Cherry says: "Lynette will have a job next season (returning to her advertising roots), so I want to address how difficult it is to go to work all day and then come home and be expected to also take care of your house." All Marc Cherry will say about the Applewhites is that "they come on the street; they seem like nice people - but they've got a secret. And it's pretty gothic. It's real and human and awful all at the same time." Edie will stay a fifth wheel. Because of viewers' strong reaction to Nicollette Sheridan, her character next season will be given a never-before-seen ex-husband and a 6-year-old son. But Cherry insists Edie will continue serving only as a spoiler to complicate the other women's lives.The future appears far bleaker for the show's male cast; only breakout stud Denton (Mike Delfino) is a likely candidate for series longevity. And putting into question the fate of Gabrielle's current men - lover John (Metcalfe) and husband Carlos (Ricardo Antonio Chavira), who is headed off to prison - Cherry and his writers are conceiving a new suitor for Gabrielle in Season 2. Source: USA Today (Thanks Shannon for the tip.)

05/09 - British soap star Kacey Ainsworth has been hired for a three-episode guest stint. According to one of Ainsworth's co-stars on the BBC's 'EastEnders,' Ainsworth will be playing an English nanny on 'Desperate Housewives.' This probably means she'll be joining the Scavo household to take care of Lynette's kids. Source: Get Desperate!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XandraSkye

From the 'Ask Ausielle' column on TVGuide.com:

Question: You owe us some major scoop for taking a week off. Let's start with Desperate Housewives: Who is getting the ax? Please let it be one of Lynette's bratty kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627
Next season we'll meet Edie's ex-husband and her son.

Carlos is going to be in prison for a while, but that doesn't mean we won't see him; we'll see him in prison, where he's apparently going to be scheming, in season 2.

Rex and Bree's marriage problems will be over by the end of the season, but then the Van De Kamp family will be moving in an entirely different direction. So does this mean that Rex and Bree will be happy together--or could Rex be the person who dies in the season finale? George will be back in season 2.

While the mystery surrounding Mary Alice's suicide will be solved, the ramifications will carry over into the second season.

I heard last night on Extra or ET one of those that the new season begins shooting in July and that Marc Cherry has not yet decided the father of Gabby's child also that the new family in town has more secrets and scandel then all the women put together!

• - "Desperate Housewives" villain Roger Bart -- who plays the show's pharmacist with a homicidal bent -- will join the hit ABC series full-time next season. Source: Variety

05/23 - According to Nicollette Sheridan: "Edie will make it into the next season, yes, and so will her house," she tells me. "Her house will be built next season, and her 6-yr-old son that we heard about in the pilot is going to come visit." Jesse Metcalf is coming back next year. Source: Kristin on E!Online

05/23 - ABC has put up pictures of the finale. Some of scenes that were cut from the finale, including one that hints about the dark secret the Applewhites are hiding (click HERE)... Source: ABC

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Ausiello

Question: Can you give us any details about the next season of Desperate Housewives? Will any of the women find new men?

Ausiello: With Rex gone, Marc Cherry tells me "a new man will enter Bree's life and he will have a shocking secret of his own." Cherry also confirms that a new suitor will be introduced for Gabrielle who will further "complicate the relationship between her and Carlos."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

Question: Hey, ABC took down the Alfre Woodard photo that you linked to in last week's AA. What happened?

Ausiello: What happened was ABC unwittingly leaked on its own website a really big spoiler about next season's Desperate Housewives

Guest ranster627

06/19 - We can expect an episode dealing with how all the Wisteria Lane residents came to live there. Source: TV Guide Online

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

Question: Please, please, please can we have some Desperate Housewives spoilers?

Ausiello: Series creator Marc Cherry recently told TV Guide's Ileane Rudolph that he plans to bring things back down to earth in Season 2. "My hope is that we can continue to examine not just the big stuff but the small everyday stuff, that I think is so interesting and fascinating about women's lives," he said. "We've taken things to such operatic proportions toward the end of the year, it will be nice to reset and settle down a little bit."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627
07/08 - Variety reports that Joely Fisher (from 'Ellen', among others) is going to be playing Lynette's boss in a multi-episode arc in season 2.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

DESPERATE DISH: character is just up to no good on that street," Cherry revealed at the 23rd Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, where Housewives merited fabulous buzz. "Any time you get four or five strong women doing dastardly things, gay people get a big kick out of it," noted Cherry, who is gay. "The moment you put a woman in an evening gown mowing the lawn, it's just gay." And dangerous, too, when paired with strappy heels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: Let's see: Bree is a widow, Gabby is a jailhouse widow, Susan is divorced, Edie is divorced, Lynette is an ex-housewife. Even the new neighbor is solo. So my prime-time math on Desperate Housewives tells me this equals houses without spouses. Maybe Marc Cherry and ABC should rename the show "Desperate," since the reasons for watching are dying with disturbing speed, among them wonderful Rex. Equally unsettling is the current network/cable penchant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 08/29 - About Jesse Metcalf being written off the show: "I've been hearing the same rumblings, but so far have not been able to confirm. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 08/10 - Series creator Marc Cherry confirmed buzz that Jesse Metcalfe would only be tending to Eva Longoria's bushes for a handful of episodes this season. "But," he added, "I'm hoping to get him back next season for a bigger story." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 08/05 - "My son and I have a lot of baggage with us and, it's not just the stuff that we were unloading from the car," Alfre Woodard said. "And it might make a few people's hair stand on end when they're watching! There's something very provocative that happens at the very end of the first episode, and that's the thing that'll make you go 'Whooooaa!' It plays out over months. But you'll definitely do that 'Whoooaa!'" James Denton says that fans who want Susan and Mike together "are really going to like episode two." Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 08/02 - there IS hope for Mike and Susan! Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 07/26 - Variety reports that Richard Burgi (playing Susan's ex-husband) is a series regular in season 2. Perhaps this is Edie's relationship that doesn't sit well with Susan? Source: Variety
  • 07/25 - Susan will find out about Zach's relationship to Mike. Gabrielle finds a way to convince Carlos the baby is his. Bree will fight with Rex' mother (played by Shirley Knight). Edie will start a relationship, which does not sit well with Susan. Source: Statements at TCA
  • 07/12 - Seems Joely['s character] isn't so understanding when it comes to baseball games and school field trips . not so much the maternal type. I'm hearing there's a scene in the morgue in the season opener . NOT a good sign for Rex ! I've heard that BOTH of Gabrielle's men will be in jail this season, which would open her up to a new love interest, which they are indeed planning! Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 07/08 - Variety reports that Joely Fisher (from 'Ellen', among others) is going to be playing Lynette's boss in a multi-episode arc in season 2. Source: Variety
  • 06/29 - Marc Cherry: "My hope is that we can continue to examine not just the big stuff but the small everyday stuff, that I think is so interesting and fascinating about women's lives. We've taken things to such operatic proportions toward the end of the year, it will be nice to reset and settle down a little bit." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 06/19 - We can expect an episode dealing with how all the Wisteria Lane residents came to live there. Source: TV Guide Online
  • 06/08 - ABC posted a spoiler-rich photo on its website that sorta reveals what's going on inside the Applewhites' house. The pic - from a scene that was cut out of the season finale - shows Alfre Woodard and her son taking a tray into a locked basement room that looks a lot like a dungeon. ABC have removed the picture. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 05/31 - "As we neared the end of season 1, our plan was that each woman would enter a new life chapter," says co-executive producer Kevin Murphy. "Gabrielle would learn to function without Carlos, Susan and Mike would build their relationship, Lynette would go back to work, and Bree would become a single woman. We either had to have Rex divorce her or die, and we already did the coma with Mama Solis." [According to Steven Culp, Rex is indeed dead.] Source: Entertainment Weekly (June 3, 2005 issue)
  • 05/27 - IS REX DEAD? "Dead, dead, dead," says Kevin Murphy co-executive producer. Of course "our dead characters never stay off the air for long." So expect to see Bree's kinky hubby in flashbacks. WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO BREE AND HER EVIL-PHARMACIST SUITOR GEORGE? "We'll be seeing more of George. And we're going to meet Rex's mother. She's going to lock horns with Bree." NOW THAT HIS DAD IS DEAD, WILL ANDREW CONTINUE HIS MALICIOUS PLAN TO DESTROY MOM BREE? "Danielle [Andrew's sister] saw Bree lolly gagging while Rex was having a heart attack. That may color his opinion. Sometimes he will express his rage in very inappropriate ways. We've got something big in the works for Andrew." WHAT'S UP WITH THE MYSTERIOUS NEW MOTHER-AND-SON NEIGHBORS (ALFRE WOODARD AND MEHCAD BROOKS)? "Definitely keep an eye of Alfre Woodard's character. She came to Wysteria Lane with something to hide, and we're going to find out exactly what she's hiding in the season premiere. There's a reason they moved in the middle of the night, and there's a reason they moved themselves." DID JOHN DECIDE TO TAKE ON CARLOS FIGURING THAT CARLOS WOULD BE SAFELY LOCKED AWAY IN JAIL? "We did two scenes explaining that - one with a happy ending for John, one without - and we decided not to run either of them until next season." LET'S PLAY WHO'S THE DADDY? ... FIRST GABRIELLE'S BABY: CARLOS OR JOHN? "We have never seen her take a paternity test," says Murphy. "For now, it's in her interest to let Carlos believe it's his." AND ZACH? ID MIKE THE PLUMBER THE CREEPY TEEN'S REAL DAD? "We strongly implied that Mike thinks that at least. Whether that's actually true, we'll have to wait and see." Source: People Magazine (Thanks Tristan for typing this up for us.)
  • 05/25 - Rex is really (I think) dead. Marc Cherry and Steven Culp say so themselves in next week's issue of TV Guide magazine (on sale 6/2). With Rex gone, Marc Cherry tells me "a new man will enter Bree's life and he will have a shocking secret of his own." Cherry also confirms that a new suitor will be introduced for Gabrielle who will further "complicate the relationship between her and Carlos." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 05/24 - "Desperate Housewives" villain Roger Bart -- who plays the show's pharmacist with a homicidal bent -- will join the hit ABC series full-time next season. Source: Variety
  • 05/23 - According to Nicollette Sheridan: "Edie will make it into the next season, yes, and so will her house," she tells me. "Her house will be built next season, and her 6-yr-old son that we heard about in the pilot is going to come visit." Jesse Metcalf is coming back next year. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 05/18 - Series creator Marc Cherry told me that he's constructing a prison set for Ricardo Chavira to shoot his scenes in. "He'll be in there for a while," Cherry said. "We'll see him pulling strings from inside the jail cell." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 05/09 - Creator Marc Cherry says: "Lynette will have a job next season (returning to her advertising roots), so I want to address how difficult it is to go to work all day and then come home and be expected to also take care of your house." All Marc Cherry will say about the Applewhites is that "they come on the street; they seem like nice people - but they've got a secret. And it's pretty gothic. It's real and human and awful all at the same time." Edie will stay a fifth wheel. Because of viewers' strong reaction to Nicollette Sheridan, her character next season will be given a never-before-seen ex-husband and a 6-year-old son. But Cherry insists Edie will continue serving only as a spoiler to complicate the other women's lives.The future appears far bleaker for the show's male cast; only breakout stud Denton (Mike Delfino) is a likely candidate for series longevity. And putting into question the fate of Gabrielle's current men - lover John (Metcalfe) and husband Carlos (Ricardo Antonio Chavira), who is headed off to prison - Cherry and his writers are conceiving a new suitor for Gabrielle in Season 2. Source: USA Today (Thanks Shannon for the tip.)
  • 04/20 - "Alfre will be central to the prevailing mystery of next season." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 04/19 - Mehcad Brooks will be upgraded to main cast members next year. Source: Get Desperate!
  • 04/12 - Alfre Woodard joins Desperate Housewives fulltime in season 2 as a new neighbour.
  • 03/21 - According to James Denton (Mike Delfino), next year the show will be around more often. "They're bringing us back early because they want to do more episdes," Denton told the Chicago-based Northwest Herald, when asked about the length of his summer hiatus. In addition, he said the stars of the show are going to use the break in filming to "do international press." Although Denton did not mention by how many episodes the second season will be extended, it will likely be only a few more episodes. Source: Get Desperate!
  • 02/25 - Doug Savant, who plays Lynette's husband Tom, will be a regular castmember next season. Source: Insider@TVguide
  • 02/13 - Considering Paul's violent streak, how long can Moses remain part of the cast before his character is stopped? Cherry says he expects to bring all three Youngs back next season

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name