Season 1 - Episode 1.20 - Fear No More - May 1

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

Episode 1.20: Fear No More

Airdate: May 1, 2005

• 04/19 - A health scare for Gaby turns Carlos' going-away party into a truly unblessed event; Lynette pulls out the big guns after learning that Tom is working with his ex (Melinda McGraw); Paul Young takes Susan to task for snooping into Mary Alice's past; and Bree goes behind Rex's back to resume her friendship with George (Roger Bart), who may be hiding more than just a crush on the unsuspecting Mrs. Van de Kamp. Sophie: Lesley Ann Warren. Ginger: Lauren Cohn. Felicia: Harriet Sansom Harris. Source: TitanTV

[*]04/05 - Gabrielle plans a big party to bid farewell to Carlos, who is about to head off to jail. Meanwhile George Williams (guest star Roger Bart) resurfaces in Bree's life, much to Rex's displeasure; Lynette is shocked to learn that Tom's old girlfriend (guest star Melinda McGraw) has been hired at his firm, and Susan and Julie encounter less-than-neighborly behavior from the Young family. Source: ABC

[*]03/29 - Melinda McGraw, who starred on CBS' "Center of the Universe," has been cast in a recurring role on ABC's "Desperate Housewives." Details about her role on the show have and for how many episodes she was contracted are not available. Source: Variety

[*]03/12 - One of the housewives is suspecting she's pregnant. She's also looking to buy a new car, which doesn't go so well while at the dealership. After a woman transfers in from Chicago, a housewife feels her marriage be threatened. Source: SpoilerFix.com

• 4 weeks later...
Guest XandraSkye
Good episode last night. We finally got some info. And it looks like I was right about Mary Alice/Andrea "taking" a child from a woman she thought was undeserving. I guessed that one.

Guest ranster627

You have great instincts on this show Skye ... what do you think is really at the bottom of Mike?

Guest XandraSkye

:lol:@ Mango. Good one.

Rans: I think Mike is just a guy with a shady past who has reformed most of bad boys ways (but has kept the ones that make him soooo damn sexy) and he was once involved with the woman who ended up in that toy chest.

I say she was a detective of sorts who came around asking Paul and "Andrea" questions about Dana/Zach and Paul killed her. I mean, that has all pretty much come out. We know that Paul & Mary Alice had the toy chest buried under their pool and Paul threw it in the river. We saw Mike talking to a guy on several episodes and we know that he was there searching for the man's daughter, and it's been confirmed that it was her remains in that chest. The police told him. So, even though they haven't spelled everything out I think it's sort of obvious now what's going on.

Guest Anonymous

Mango! I thought you were a nice girl! :D

Could that drug addict who had the baby that Paul and Mary Alice took be the lost girl friend of Mike's? Or sister?

That was a good episode. I had to laugh when George introduced his shop assistant, Ginger, to Bree as his girlfriend. Funny for me as my parents are pharmacists and had a drug store where I worked after school (started stocking shelves!). Now, I don't look like that Ginger, but I do have a habit of spilling food, fortunately on other people (she had food all over her shirt at that party).

Tom's dirty secret (the other family) will have to come out shortly. Poor Lynette, all worried about the ex-flame when there is a whole other mess to eventually be neurotic about.

Guest XandraSkye
Tom's dirty secret (the other family) will have to come out shortly. Poor Lynette, all worried about the ex-flame when there is a whole other mess to eventually be neurotic about.

I think the writer's decided to scrap that storyline. For one thing, that's never been confirmed that that was what his "dirty little secret" is and also, he's coming back next season as a full cast member. He's just been a guest star this season.

But then again, he might be on all next season and we actually see him with his 2nd family. Now that would be interesting.

Mango! I thought you were a nice girl!  :D

You poor delusional soul..... :lol:

I'm naughty but nice!! :angel :wink:

So that was another good episode. What really freaked me out was the ending, though. Susan coincidentally ends up calling the same PI who worked for Paul - he's dangerous, remember he was supposed to kill the person who sent Mary Alice the blackmail note....?? :shock:

Guest Anonymous

The ending also freaked me out (the PI that Susan hired). :o

The only reason why I think the 'other family' storyline might still be there is because of what Tom said to Lynette when his ex-flame (oh whats-her-name) was taking the call from Peterson...he said (paraphrased) "Not all wives say that about their husbands" - in relation to trusting their husbands.

The way he said it made me think of the rumours of him having another family.

Mango--I am delusional. That what makes me - me :wink:

Guest XandraSkye
So that was another good episode. What really freaked me out was the ending, though. Susan coincidentally ends up calling the same PI who worked for Paul - he's dangerous, remember he was supposed to kill the person who sent Mary Alice the blackmail note....?? :shock:

That's because it's a TV show and it's the coincidences like that that make the show so much fun and interesting. In real life that most likely would never happen.

logo.gif

watercooler.gif

Desperate Housewives

When Gabrielle went into the pharmacy's rest room to use her brand-new pregnancy test, you knew it wasn't going to be pretty. But her off-screen "Son of a bitch!" followed by a courteous "You're out of toilet paper" to George was easily the funniest moment of the episode. However, the tensest moment was a toss-up. Paul not-so-subtly threatening Susan was certainly up there. I am so thankful though, that, in what may be a first in television history, someone actually pretended to just go along with a villain until they were out of harm's way. Susan screws up a lot of things, but actively avoiding a murderer isn't one of them. Her postexplosion decision to call a private investigator

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name