Jordan's Hand

GingerSnaps

Having taught kids with learning disabilities for years, Jordan won a spot in my heart............she is SO typical in that each is SO unique...............could be struggling for days, weeks, months over what I might think is a very simple concept and along the way, blow me away by figuring out something extremely harder--to me!

I hope she wins (or not, because maybe winning would change her)............I hope people stop calling her dumb & stupid...........and I hope that someday, more people get that our differences are just that.......things that make us unique.

(sorry, off the soapbox, now)

Jordan had just gotten her augmentation not long before she came into the house. Breast implants have to be massaged regularly for some time after the surgery to prevent Implant Capsule Contracture or Firmness. Whenever any material is inserted into the body, be it suture, metal (such as a total joint), plastic, or silicone, the body will respond with a non-specific reaction of scar formation to try to wall off the foreign material with a scar covering.

Jus' sayin.

Good point and makes perfect sense . Jordan was following doctor's orders .

Having taught kids with learning disabilities for years, Jordan won a spot in my heart............she is SO typical in that each is SO unique...............could be struggling for days, weeks, months over what I might think is a very simple concept and along the way, blow me away by figuring out something extremely harder--to me!

I hope she wins (or not, because maybe winning would change her)............I hope people stop calling her dumb & stupid...........and I hope that someday, more people get that our differences are just that.......things that make us unique.

Bravo, Ivgal...we are all children of the creator, aren't we?

I do not think Jordan is slow or not smart, I just think she is insecure in herself and it makes her nervous to try and scared, I seriously was like Jordan in my youth. And I so agree with your post

Thank you for such a wonderful post. I also have worked with learning disabled.

I've been saying the same thing all along! except i dont think jordan has a learning disability, just doesn't think before she speaks. but either way, i dont think people should be using dumb and stupid as insults when you would never insult a learning disabled person that way.

Archived