Season 1 - Episode 1.18: Children Will Listen

Guest ranster627

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XandraSkye

I watched last night and I think there were some BIG clues about what is going on in the Young family.

Ok, here is what I think. At one time they lived in Utah and Mary Alice's real name IS Andrea, not sure what Paul's real name is, and they had a baby who they named Dana. The child was a boy. Now, I'm not sure if Andrea/Mary Alice actually had the baby herself or if maybe they adopted him. I think the woman in the toy chest is someone who tried to abduct Dana/Zach. I'm thinking maybe she was his biological mother but I'm not sure. Well, when she tried to kidnap him Paul accidently killed her. So they cut up her body, put it in that toy chest, moved, assumed new identities and buried the chest under their pool.

Now, maybe Zach as a kid heard them talking about "Dana" and started asking questions and they told him 'she' died. Now, why they said he killed her, I don't know? That seems sort of bizarre.

So, Mary Alice has lived with the guilt all this time of having killed the woman and when she got that note "I know what you have done", she couldn't handle it anymore and killed herself.

Their were a lot of clues in last night's episode to lead me to this conclusion.

Guest ranster627

Funny how we all see the same show so differently ...

What I got from it was that Zach was actually not the product of both parents, and the shame of his parentage changed his name. Because the affair "got out" the family moved to start over. The body though could well be the mistress or "real mother" or a blackmailer ... I haven't figured out yet who the real parent is ... Somehow I think it will be a different father to keep Zach on the show, as his father (as a recent murderer) is definitely destined for a quick exit ... JMHO ...

Guest XandraSkye
If I killed a woman and didn't want anyone to find out, I would definitely get the hell out of dodge and change my identity and the identity of my child. Much more so then just for having an affair or having an child out of wed-lock. I mean, committing murder is a big deal.

Guest ranster627

I keep thinking the murder happened after the move because why would the body still be around ... wouldn't it have been left behind?

But on this one, your theory makes more sense than mine, so I will defer ... I am easily confused! :wink:

Guest XandraSkye
Unless they were afraid of depositing it any where and risk it being discovered. This way she'd just be a missing person. They probably moved to Wisteria Lane right after it happened and decided to bury the body under their new pool. That makes sense to me.

Guest XandraSkye

I had another thought too, what if Andrea/Mary Alice stole the baby (Dana) from the hospital. She was a nurse. Maybe she couldn't have kids and she was heartsick over that that she stole Dana/Zach and told the real mother (who was maybe a drug addict or a prositute or something, somone who Andrea/Mary Alice didn't think deserved a child) that the baby died. Then the real mother finds out and comes back and tries to take the baby back. So, that's when she ends up getting killed. Cuz not only would she of taken the child away but she also would of sent Andrea/Mary Alice to jail. The only hole in this story is that people she worked with knew about the child. Unless she said the mother gave it up for adoption or something.

Man, I'm on a roll now. LOl

Guest XandraSkye

No. I don't think so. But I just remembered something. In last night's episode Paul said the body they found was a detective. I forgot about that. Maybe Andrea/Mary Alice DID steal Dana/Zach but from another hospital and the real mother hired a private detective to find her. When the detective came around asking questions they got scared and killed her. That's when they put her in the toy chest and moved to Wisteria Lane.

I think the lady across the street just knew their family when they lived in Utah and that's all.

Ok, I think I really have this all figured out now.

Guest ranster627

I think Mary Alice gave Birth to Zach/Dana ... seems the party pictures are a baby shower or birth party ...

Guest XandraSkye

This is what the 'Watercooler' on TVGuide.com had to say about last night's episode. Looks like the writer agreed with me about what's going on with the Mary Alice mystery. Dang, I'm smart.

Desperate Housewives

Certainly not the funniest episode so far. That scene with Carlos physically forcing Gabrielle to sign the postnuptial agreement was DH's most disturbing scene to date. (Oh, c'mon, Mrs. Huber's strangling was not that bad.) Carlos instantly went from unpleasant, controlling husband to the show's reigning bastard. And John finally returned, just in time to provide a new mystery as to who will be the father if Gabrielle's "surprise" pregnancy actually happens.

In fact, this whole episode had a pervasive theme of violence and physical intimidation. From the police telling the remaining "Youngs" about the chopped-up woman found in the trunk to the shoving and throwing issues involving Susan's mother (Lesley Ann Warren) and stepfather (Bob Newhart) and, of course, Bree's spanking of little Porter Scavo.

And then there's Mrs. Huber's sister (Harriet Sansom Harris). She is so sickeningly sweet and splendidly conniving all at once, it's a thing of absolute beauty. So it appears (and I can't emphasize that word enough) that good ol' Mary Alice Young (or Angela) swiped Zach when he was a baby, changed his name, and then disposed of the female "private detective" who came calling for him. Private detective? Try real mother, I bet. The question is whether she was anybody notable or just a random soon-to-be corpse.

The whole spanking scenario was pretty interesting, which, I'm sorry to say, doesn't usually apply to the Scavo story lines. I mean, they're decently amusing and all, just not overly riveting. But this time there was a little more for Felicity Huffman to do than just act harried and disheveled. Thankfully, Bree and Lynette's friendship bounced back quickly. But the bigger question for Mrs. Van De Kamp is how she (and Rex) will ultimately react to Andrew's coming out. But that's for next week....

I really hate Carlos. I hope if she does get pregnant, it's John's and not his. But for some reason I don't think she'd end of having a baby, they don't need a baby on the show this early. Maybe a miscarriage, that's much but then an abortion, even seeing people doing that on TV bothers me. After Carlos's behavior, I hope Gabrielle cuts him off for good, before and after he goes to jail.

Guest ranster627

I honestly don't think Andrew is gay ... I think he experimented, but I think now he is using it as a way out of his behaiviour consequences ... I base this "feeling" on interviews from the actor ...

You have to admit though

Carlos IS one fine looking man!!

If he were mine i wouldnt cheat on him!

I also liked when Gabby said--"hey you had children in sweat shops working for 2 cents an hour --dont you think you deserve a time out?"

Me, too, FLYN! I love Gabby! She seems to be working herself into a big mess, though! :shock:

Carlos is one hottie, but sure has a temper! No bruises on this body from any man, thank you very much!!! :evil:

Otherwise, I'd ** him!

12_2_32.gif

Guest ranster627
I totally do not find Carlos to be hot at all. I love Mike and John! Now they are hot!

The second Carlos showed his dark side, all attractiveness that may have been there for me, left the building! Made him look ugly ... I guess that was the point ... but I can't help it ...

Guest XandraSkye
He definitely didn't win any brownie points, that's for sure. I liked him but after that scene I think he's a complete and utter jerk!

Guest XandraSkye
I don't think Carlos is attractive either. Now, Mike on the other hand is H-O-T!

Yeah, that's pretty much a given. He was on Reba and him and Reba shared a pretty hot kiss. He's one lucky guy in Hollywood right now.

Carlos...BOO HISS!

Finally people who think that Carlos is NOT hot! I have never found him attractive. And his aggressive, domineering personality has not just come to the forefront - it's something that I have always felt lurking behind his carefully controlled facade. Now John, on the other hand, he's a hottie!! cheeky-smiley-034.gif

OK, girls.

Carlos isn't real, OK? :lol: :wink:

I guess I should be saying the man who plays Carlos is HOT HOT HOT, :D because his character is BAD, BAD, BAD. :evil:

Gabby's and his relationship was one of convenience on both their parts, it seems. They just need to divorce and get it over with! But, with Gabby being pregnant....? Who knows now...

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name