If CBS wins Olympics Bid for 2016, BB could move

ericsturrock

Just speculation right now, but USA Today says that CBS, NBC, FOX, & ESPN/ABC are all makin a strong bid for the 2016 Olympics game.

If CBS were to buy the Oympics coverage for USA for 2016, they would last for 2 weeks during the summer. What would CBS do with Big Brother 18 if BB is still alive then(hopefully) would they move BB to the CW, or Showtime(Both owned by CBS Corp), or CBS.com? Or just go on a 2 week hiatus with no evictions?

Myself im hoping CBS gets outbid for the games, as Id rather watch BB over anything anyday.

I've said since they started BBAD they were sitting things up to move it to Showtime, so you could watch it unedited, meaning all the swearing and nudity...

Maybe they continue BB but in another time slot? Does the Olympics take up TV time 24 hours a day? I really don't know.

it does somewhat but they spread coverage out to many channels. but prime hours for olympic coverage hours are from 8pm to about midnight cbs is all olympics coverage so bb would have a hard time getting a time slot there and those are prime hours for tv. bb needs those hours for advertisers

Archived