Jordan - Part 2

Slimcruz

What's really bad is when I throw the dog's name in there at one of them -- YES, I've actually done it! :animated_rotfl:

It must be a mom thing because my mom use to call us our dog's name all the time. Eventually she just created nicknames which she'd call everyone so she wouldn't have to remember names in general.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, totally off topic sort of, but this all reminds me of the joke about the single mom with 8 kids. All named Charlie. Someone asked her what she called them when she wanted a particular one and she said she called them by their last name.

Salon can also mean the Living room. My mother was a hairdressr, had her own "Salon",lol , she did great at it, and the shop was in the apt bldg we lived in so she was able to keep close to home and I was her receptionist after school and on the weekends, helped her steralize stuff and take the papers off the perm wave rods. I then when I was fresh out of high school became a hairdresser myself but then promptly married my 1st husband and never did anything with it. Funny, but my oldest daughter also is a hair stylist, funny, she mostly practices kitchen cosmotology ( working out of her house),lol. Jordan would be very good with the customers, better than her waiting tbls, you really have to be organized to wait tbls, and I don't think Jordo has that,lol

I admire people who have the talent to cut/style a man/woman's hair and make it look really good. It requires patience, hard work, skill and the one who are really good at it have a unique talent most brain surgeons just lack. There are more important things in this world than being a millionaire and having "social status".

BTW...Sugar B...honey, you may be many things but dumb ain't one of them.

Re: Jordan. She wants to become a dental technician. Another perfectly respectable profession. WTF with all the high flown snobbery on this MB? No one is better than anyone else because of money.

Here's a wonderful thing to honor the value of Jordan, besides her [mostly] sweet spirit.

I recently moved back home to Texas after 10 years in Colorado.

Two things I missed the most: my hairdresser & my dentist.

Best of luck, Jordo, in all you do. :)

Aw shucks, thanks, Lenray! And yeah, I agree with what you said about respectability. AND I highly value a good hairdresser as well - I have been with the same stylist for years, and no one else gets to touch my hair.

I admire people who have the talent to cut/style a man/woman's hair and make it look really good. It requires patience, hard work, skill and the one who are really good at it have a unique talent most brain surgeons just lack. There are more important things in this world than being a millionaire and having "social status".

BTW...Sugar B...honey, you may be many things but dumb ain't one of them.

Re: Jordan. She wants to become a dental technician. Another perfectly respectable profession. WTF with all the high flown snobbery on this MB? No one is better than anyone else because of money.

Hi Len - Re: Hair Stylist - Takes schooling (fufilling a certain # of hours, different from state to state) which costs $$, then take an oral, written, and practical State Board exam, to become a certified and licensed Hair Stylist. You have to renew your license, and show proof that you have put in a certain number of hours (again) learning new and updated technics. And there is a charge ($) for every license renewal. I know, I'm a hair stylist. And damn good at my job, if I say so myself. So I hope no one thinks Hair Stylist are dumb, and uneducated.

ITA with you. It seems too many people have a negative opinion of her because she's naive but a very sweet girl (also family financial problems). I could give a rat's behind on whether you do or don't have money. Thank goodness Jordan isn't willing to change for anybody. That's AOK in my book. ;)

I'm lucky that as a guy I have most of the hair I did at 18. But it still needs a good hairdresser to cut it properly. I'm willing to pay extra to find someone with an artistic talent who knows how to make look my best.

Hi Len - Re: Hair Stylist - Takes schooling (fufilling a certain # of hours, different from state to state) which costs $$, then take an oral, written, and practical State Board exam, to become a certified and licensed Hair Stylist. You have to renew your license, and show proof that you have put in a certain number of hours (again) learning new and updated technics. And there is a charge ($) for every license renewal. I know, I'm a hair stylist. And damn good at my job, if I say so myself. So I hope no one thinks Hair Stylist are dumb, and uneducated.

ITA, Shipp!!! The are dumb, uneducated and bald!!!!! :animated_rotfl:

I'm lucky that as a guy I have most of the hair I did at 18. But it still needs a good hairdresser to cut it properly. I'm willing to pay extra to find someone with an artistic talent who knows how to make look my best.

I'm your girl Len. I give good hair, lol. Unfortunately you live to far away. Old Hair Sytlist saying - Know the difference between a good hair cut and a bad hair cut? 2 months. LOL.

ITA, Shipp!!! The are dumb, uneducated and bald!!!!! :animated_rotfl:

Buzz cuts for everyone!!!!

We'll have to commute!!!

This guy cut my hair perfectly for many years then died from a sudden heart attack. He was also a good friend. That's been a number of years and I still miss his friendship and my hair misses his magic. I think you guys are true artists. Kid, you should be in Hollywood. In the old Hollywood movies hairdressers got credited in thousands of films for keeping the stars look their best. And made big bucks doing it. Probably made more than a surgeon.

Send the air fare I'm there, lol. I did consider hair stylist to the stars, but too many diva's (including myself, lol). I really like doing men's hair the best, and men, better tippers.

Sorry folks I'm off topic.

Shipp I can appreciate what you do, it does take a lot of schooling and you are soooo correct about the state board exam and the lis. I can still do a great hair cut, but then when I went to beauty school was in the 60's,lol hair was waayy different then,lolol It is hard tho cause you have to stand in one spot and it is hard on the ol legs and feet, I actually love waiting tbls for the reason that I can move around, great exercise, I think Jordan will do great in whatever she goes for. I am not sure I would want to be scapin and pickin on someones teeth tho,lol

Archived