Lost "THE" Numbers - 4 8 15 16 23 42

Guest conniejoe

Guest conniejoe
Thanks for resurrecting the Numbers thread, Jem! I feared that all that work you did was lost....(lost...get it....haha). Seriously, I like to use this reference post frequently. So glad you could put it all back together. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ, I will try and update it soon. It's another thing on my list of "Things To Do." I know there are a couple of things I had listed that I've not put back on there yet. Just need to find them....

Guest ranster627

Thanks again Jem ... I don't know where my brain went ... I just couldn't digest the 815 :lol: and now I understand it is a combination number ... I thought I had really missed something on the capsule!!! :?

Guest ranster627
4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Oh no ... I may be going to the island because I just realized serious connections ...

16 + 23 + 4 = my age

42 + 16 - 15 = also my age

23 + 4 = my birthday

4 + 8 + 15 = also my birthday

16 reversed is my birth year

8 = total number of digits I have on both hands

and the real freaky one ...

4 = number of fingers on each hand

I am getting nervous from the coincidence, and also from the fact that I actually sat here figuring this out! :shock:

Guest GaYToR

Ranster, your birthday is 4/23 :?: :?: :?:

Mine too. This is getting spookier every time we look at something here. :roll:

Guest ranster627

sorry GayTor ... nope, it is 6 / 27 / 61 ... my math trail requires all of the addition and subtraction to get me there .... I woke up this morning realizing what an X Files moment I had last night! I was literally compelled to play with those numbers! :D

I think this means nothing of course, but while we're sharing b'days....

mine is 4/8

my son's b'day is also 6/27

We could go as far as doing advanced calculas with this stuff (ranster, you're a hoot, you had me figuring out your age on paper) and it's fun, but I think Abrams is going to let us know when he's ready, if and when that happens (I don't mean to be a spoil sport, I love to speculate about this show as much as anyone, and do). Did you hear about the people in some state who actually played the entire sequence of numbers in the lottery the night after Hurley's back story aired? I think I read about it on the fuselage. No surprise, but....

I have a question if anyone can answer, please. Why does Hurley owe Walt $23K as Jem posted above?

Guest ranster627
I think this means nothing of course, but while we're sharing b'days.... 

mine is 4/8

my son's b'day is also 6/27 

Did you hear about the people in some state who actually played the entire sequence of numbers in the lottery the night after Hurley's back story aired? I think I read about it on the fuselage. No surprise, but....

I have a question if anyone can answer, please. Why does Hurley owe Walt $23K as Jem posted above?

I was thinking it might be the backgammon debt?

By the way tymorty, did they win??? :?:

Thanks y'all. I have absolutely no recollection of that at all. I remember Locke playing Walt in backgammon, but not Hurley.

Nope, no one won the lottery with the exact sequence of numbers. It was in a midwest northern state, wish I could remember the exact one for you. It's somewhere in the depths of a thread dedicated to the show centered on Hurley. Episode 16 I think?

ranster,

I found the post about the lottery. The one I was speaking of took place in Michigan, the Friday after Hurley's eppy aired. The AP ran an article in the Lansing, MI paper saying that over 200 people played that sequence of numbers in the 10 Mega Million Dollar Jackpot. No one won. If you want to read the entire story it is at the Fuselage in the Season 1 Episode section under Hurley's name in a thread currently on page 2 (the threads move depending on when posts are made, but you probably know that). It's titled something akin to "some people played the numbers". I would bet it wasn't the only state this took place.

And I was incorrect. Hurley's back story eppy was actually episode #18, not 16.

Guest ranster627

- Locke played backgammon with Walt, the dice with numbers on it was showing the #16

How on earth can two dice add up to 16?

Guest ranster627
Probably, but I may have missed something.

(it was an attempt for me to actually have a reason to post.) :angel

You never need a reason !!!! Why not start a rambling thread on here?

Guest ranster627
^^Look up. You're too fast for me.

Maybe it was all four dice ... but now this is getting ridiculous ... a real stretch IMHO

This very eerie...Gaytor, my husband's birthday is 4/23, and he will be turning the BIG 50 too!! It really is a small world!

Thought I'd share this as well...my nephew, who is as big a LOST fanatic as I am, called me tonight to share something he discovered while he was thinking about the numbers... Now, mind you, he probably is thinking a bit too hard, but I thought I'd share it anyway as it's a bit creepy! Here it is:

The numbers:

4 8 15 16 23 42

take the 1st, 3rd and 5th numbers and add them together:

4 + 15 + 23 = 42

Next take the 2nd and 4th numbers and add them together:

8 + 16 = 24

Now look at the first two totals, along with the last number, which was not used in your addition:

Now add the individual digits in each line together:

4 + 2 = 6

2 + 4 = 6

4 + 2 = 6

AHHHH!!! a little freaky, isn't it? Now, thanks to him, I can't sleep! It probably doesn't mean anything, thought I'd share anyways...

kayo

Guest ranster627
This very eerie...Gaytor, my husband's birthday is 4/23, and he will be turning the BIG 50 too!! It really is a small world!

Thought I'd share this as well...my nephew, who is as big a LOST fanatic as I am, called me tonight to share something he discovered while he was thinking about the numbers... Now, mind you, he probably is thinking a bit too hard, but I thought I'd share it anyway as it's a bit creepy! Here it is:

The numbers:

4 8 15 16 23 42

take the 1st, 3rd and 5th numbers and add them together:

4 + 15 + 23 = 42

Next take the 2nd and 4th numbers and add them together:

8 + 16 = 24

Now look at the first two totals, along with the last number, which was not used in your addition:

Now add the individual digits in each line together:

4 + 2 = 6

2 + 4 = 6

4 + 2 = 6

AHHHH!!! a little freaky, isn't it? Now, thanks to him, I can't sleep! It probably doesn't mean anything, thought I'd share anyways...

kayo

This is brilliant work! Pass that along Kayo! By the way are you sure you aren`t married to GaYTor :?: :twisted: :twisted:

The 666 really brings it all back to The Stand as discussed in that other thread! :wink: