Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke

Dade

Tom.jpg

Tom DeLay

PROFESSION:

Politician

BACKGROUND:

DWTS is a long way from Washington D.C.'s world of politics, so we're anxious to see just how well this Texas native can do the two-step!

One of the most influential Republican figures in the early 2000s, Tom DeLay rose through the ranks in the United States House of Representatives to become the Majority Leader of the Republican Party. His aggressive "Grow the Vote" method of party discipline, where he never lost a vote, earned him the nickname of "The Hammer" from the Washington Post.

As foster parents, Tom and his wife Christine are dedicated to improving America's foster care system and have founded Rio Bend, a community that serves as a safe, permanent home for abused and neglected children. He is currently President of First Principles LLC, a strategic political consulting firm based in Washington D.C. and Houston, Texas.

cheryl.jpg

Cheryl Burke

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Tom DeLay

BACKGROUND:

As the only professional dancer to appear in the DWTS finals three times, Cheryl has won over audiences with her creative choreography and effervescent personality. We suspect her dangerously low cut dresses might have something to do with it, too.

Cheryl joined the show in the second season with a bang, winning back-to-back disco ball trophies with partner Drew Lachey in Season 2, and then with Emmitt Smith in Season 3.

But don't let her sweet smile fool you

Best VPN Service (English Banners)

i dont think he will be a good dancer

but may stick around a few weeks due to many remembering him from his political days

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALTIY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing With The Stars: Tom DeLay Is Injured

September 16, 2009 01:14:56 by Britteny Elrick

The season premiere of Dancing With The Stars is still a week away, and already the injuries are starting. First on the list: former House Majority leader Tom DeLay. Keep reading to find out what happened

she made that basic as basic can be. she did most of dancing solid 5 for me

Hi, Marty! Sorry I didn't mean to offend you of all people. I just hate ALL politicians from both parties right now. They all seem to be tools of Big Business/Special Interests. Frankly the dems are just as bad.

Now, re: last night. I will tip my hat to Tom for having the guts to go on a show like that. You'd have to drag me screaming and kicking!!!! LOL!!! I just wish all politican would be as nice in the congress as they are IFL!

Hi, Marty! Sorry I didn't mean to offend you of all people. I just hate ALL politicians from both parties right now. They all seem to be tools of Big Business/Special Interests. Frankly the dems are just as bad.

Now, re: last night. I will tip my hat to Tom for having the guts to go on a show like that. You'd have to drag me screaming and kicking!!!! LOL!!! I just wish all politican would be as nice in the congress as they are IFL!

LenRay, I agree that I am not a big fan of either party at this point. Though I can tend to be a news junkie. I go in cycles for my political watching and right now I'm in the off cycle so life is peaceful. LOL

Regarding his dancing, he actually did a lot better than I expected him to. He looked like he was having a fun time with that "Wild Thing" theme. I cracked up when he did a little "rrrrrooowwwwrrrr" motion towards Bruno. Whether he survives or not doesn't influence me one way or another. He enjoyed himself and didn't exhibit the stuffed shirt modus operandi that I was expecting from a politician. Then again, he isn't exactly a politician anymore. LOL I think he might survive one week, but he will leave soon thereafter. He's not one of the top dancers (IMO) so whether he goes now or within the next couple weeks matters not. As long as he doesn't last as long as "The Steves" from last year. LOL

wow not bad i had a 7 until the slip of holds at the end

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name