Mya and Dmitry Chaplin

Dade

Mya.jpg

Mya

PROFESSION:

Singer, songwriter, record producer, actor

BACKGROUND:

Will we watch this sultry singer find her Latin rhythm and rumba away with the treasured disco ball?

Mya exploded onto the music scene at age 18 with her eponymous debut album, which yielded three Top 10 singles. She became an instant star known for her edgy lyrics and dance moves. This Grammy-winning multi-platinum artist is a true all-around performer who has expanded her successful singing career to acting, dancing, modeling and record producing.

Mya is also signed to the famed Ford Modeling Agency and has appeared in several movies, including Chicago, Shall We Dance, Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights and Cursed. Mya's sixth studio album is due to be released this year on her own indie label.

A longtime advocate for young women, she founded The Mya Arts & Tech Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing disadvantaged youth growth and opportunity through arts and technology education, where she serves as both executive director and teacher.

dmitry.jpg

Dmitry Chaplin

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Mya

BACKGROUND:

We first saw this young pro transition from So You Think You Can Dance to DWTS last season, when he was paired up with Holly Madison. Now he's shuffling back for more action in Season 9!

Dmitry's ballroom dancing career began at the age of 12 in his home town of Rostov

should be one of the front runners to win it all

dancing should come natural to her

• 4 weeks later...

beautiful high 8

very graceful

i really hate quick routine. she is so good that she is boring but 9 nonetheless

token ringer who will be good each week

she was good i give it an 8

for some reason i hate when the stars are so good from start not much room to grow

I agree regarding the 10's. I'm really glad that I'm not the only one to see that she is the ringer here. I'm not entirely fond of ringers. I'll take the old man Donny, the athlete Natalie, and the bumbling but sweet girl Kelly any day over the ringer Mya.

watching this and monday night football game

i guess len is upset she is this year ringer

I don't think that Len is upset that she's the ringer. I think he simply has higher expectations for someone who is the ringer than he does for the other contestants. I wish Carrie and Bruno felt the same way. Her dance last week was better than this week. I wouldn't have given it a 10. An 8 or 9, but not a 10.

sheez ............it was a joke