Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova

Dade

Michael.jpg

Michael Irvin

PROFESSION:

ESPN radio host and former Dallas Cowboy

BACKGROUND:

It's like this: While Irvin was catching the pigskin for the Dallas Cowboys, the team played three Superbowls and won them all. Coincidence? No way. Regarded as one of the most successful wide receivers in the history of the NFL, this guy, known as "The Playmaker" and one of "The Triplets" alongside fellow Cowboys Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith,received the coveted Dallas Cowboys "Ring of Honor" in 2005 and in 2007 was inducted into the Professional Football Hall of Fame. We're talking serious SKILLS.

Off the field, he's been just as entertaining to watch. The former broadcaster for ESPN's NFL Countdown has appeared in various TV shows as well as co-starred in The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. Last fall, Irvin executive produced/hosted the reality TV series 4th and Long for Spike TV, in which one football hopeful was given a shot at making the Dallas Cowboys roster. Most recently, he appeared on the Hall of Fame inductions on the NFL Network and now hosts his own radio show in Dallas for ESPN Radio.

We already know he looks great in uniform and stellar in a suit. Now we can't wait to see what he looks like in sequins and Samba shoes...

anna.jpg

Anna Demidova

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Michael Irvin

BACKGROUND:

This blonde beauty made her DWTS debut in the celebrity round of the Season 8 pro-dancer competition. She eventually won, which clinched us getting to watch her cut a rug as a Season 9 professional.

Anna was born in Moscow, Russia. She started dancing when she was just 6 years old in an after school program at the local community center, following in the footsteps of her older sister, world champion Katusha Demidova. At the age of 15, Anna won the British Open Junior Ballroom Championship and the Ireland Open Championship.

After finishing high school in Moscow, Anna moved to New York to live with her sister and pursue her dancing career. She began dancing with Andrei Begunov, with whom she was very successful. After becoming the United States Youth Champions in 2005 and 2006, they represented the U.S. at the World Championships where they made the finals. They also placed 1st at the Ohio Star Ball, Kings Ball, Tri Sate Challenge, BYU Championship and many more competitions in the youth category.

After her partnership with Andrei ended, Anna started dancing with Igor Mikushov, with whom she won many competitions such as the Ohio Star Ball, Emerald Ball, Manhattan DanceSport Championship, Tri State Championship and San Francisco Open. They were also Blackpool Under 21 Ballroom Finalists, United Kingdom Open Finalists and International Championship Grand Finalists.

Practicing and teaching takes up most of Anna's time, but in her spare time she has also taken up modeling, which she has been doing since moving to New York three years ago.

ACHIEVEMENTS:

International Grand Ball 10 Dance Champion

USA Dance National Standard Champion

2 Time U.S. Youth International Standard Champion

ABC

wow dade good job you are quick

i am a football guy at heart so i hope he does well and i was a big michael irvin fan

• 4 weeks later...

horrible scoring

for me if you are half way decent i give it a 6

8 very good. is it me or are the dancing finishing too quick?

that has to be it

6 seem to be half azzing the dance at various part

4 smh wayyyyyyyyyy too low

we wasnt awful and those awful dance gets four

i think he would be better with a more experience partner

Anna Demidova not so good

I do agree that Anna does not seem to do well for Michael in this competition. I thought it was very nice of him to comfort Aaron after Aaron was so visibly upset.

My opinion? I think he's just a genuinely nice guy who doesn't really care if he wins "the big prize" or not. I think he wants to learn, but isn't going to push himself hard enough to win.

Michael would have been better with Cheryl as a partner. But then again, we know she knows how to get a football star how to dance.